Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

strongest ITV region for Denia

strongest ITV region for Denia

Old Dec 12th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold
Default strongest ITV region for Denia

hello, no not the car ITV but the UK channel!!!

I got rid of the we are about to cut you off warnings from Sky by reactivating my card. I have since been moved to ITV London area on 103 from the NE, & thus gone from 24hr uninterrupted viewing to 8pm ish close down.

I tried adding manually the NE ITV channels (10832 & 10891) but they aren't any better. I must be missing something - is there another strong ITV regional channel, if so, could a v kind person tell me where it is.

Thanks ever so much in advance
Old Dec 12th 2009, 10:04 am
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: strongest ITV region for Denia

try itv channel islands on 10905 v 22 5/6...

but there may only be about 1/2 hours difference beteen CI and London....

the channels on the frequencies you have tried are the weaker horizontals (i think) so go off early.

but even in a 1.8m dish you should be getting them longer than 8pm....even in denia!!!! (if your dish is aligned properly!)
Old Dec 12th 2009, 5:33 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Have to agree there Guy as we recive ITV 1 until very late & our card is from a London address.
Using a Prodelin 1.8 offset/Invacom quad & based Nr Xativa
Old Dec 12th 2009, 8:23 pm

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

if you have a sky card you can use those ITV1 frequencies on 12402. these are on a totally different satellite (astra 2a) to those free (no card required) ITV1s on astra 2d. you may find you can keep the itvs on 12402 pretty much 24/7 even on 80cm or 1m dish!

(ITV1 london does not need a viewing card to watch!)

the only thing a sky card is used for BBC and (the free) ITVs is the regionalization of 101, 102, 103, 104, 105.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: strongest ITV region for Denia

Originally Posted by The Guy
if you have a sky card you can use those ITV1 frequencies on 12402. these are on a totally different satellite (astra 2a) to those free (no card required) ITV1s on astra 2d. you may find you can keep the itvs on 12402 pretty much 24/7 even on 80cm or 1m dish!

(ITV1 london does not need a viewing card to watch!)

the only thing a sky card is used for BBC and (the free) ITVs is the regionalization of 101, 102, 103, 104, 105.
Sort of on topic or at least related. I am going to buy a second hand SKY box from ebay or amazon but there appear to be two types on offer both said to be the best for Spain. Which do you think is the better?

The Pace 2600 CI or the later DS 430N the former is reputed to have better more sensitive components which made it expensive to manufacture, the later being cheaper is not quite as good but still better than other makes.

Regards, John.
Old Dec 12th 2009, 9:46 pm

Both 2600 and 430 look exactly the same - sve for the serial unmbers and product ID stickers.

The 2600 does have a more sensitive tuner than the 430, and this can be seen by the fact that the 2600 keeps weaker frequencies (like those tricky North beam frequencies), longer and more stable than the 430.

Ys you are correct that they stopped making the 2600 as they ewre using expensive parts, and swicthed ott he 430. Both of these boxes have not been pmanufactured for around 5 plus years, so the only way you can get them is via fleabay and other internet sites.

If you have a sky SUBSCRIPTION card, consider the Sky+ reciever. As long as you pay Sky something per month you have access to their hard disk drive record and playback features. Best Sky+ boxes are the Pace 3100, and the TDS470. (you can tell as the sky card slots are on the left of the box!) - and perform liek the 2600 / 430.

Avoid at all cost Pace 440 and Pace 445....probably the worst sky boxes available due to their poor performing tuners.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

poolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to beholdpoolboy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, all done & viewing c4 & ITV all night.

I will recheck dish when it stops raining
Old Dec 13th 2009, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: strongest ITV region for Denia

Originally Posted by The Guy
Both 2600 and 430 look exactly the same - sve for the serial unmbers and product ID stickers.

The 2600 does have a more sensitive tuner than the 430, and this can be seen by the fact that the 2600 keeps weaker frequencies (like those tricky North beam frequencies), longer and more stable than the 430.

Ys you are correct that they stopped making the 2600 as they ewre using expensive parts, and swicthed ott he 430. Both of these boxes have not been pmanufactured for around 5 plus years, so the only way you can get them is via fleabay and other internet sites.

If you have a sky SUBSCRIPTION card, consider the Sky+ reciever. As long as you pay Sky something per month you have access to their hard disk drive record and playback features. Best Sky+ boxes are the Pace 3100, and the TDS470. (you can tell as the sky card slots are on the left of the box!) - and perform liek the 2600 / 430.

Avoid at all cost Pace 440 and Pace 445....probably the worst sky boxes available due to their poor performing tuners.
Well had to stay up late but I got a Pace 3100 80 gig on ebay having missed a Pace TDS 470 a couple of hours earlier. Did I get the right one for £41 condition looks good but of course until I get it down to Ayamonte and run it for a week and it tunes all my channels I won't know for sure.

I have both the old blue card and a new white one (which would not work in my amstrad box despite Sky saying it was twinned to it and the serial no was correct to replace the serial no of my blue card. I have also bought a freesat from sky card. Plan a is to use the freesat card in my Amstrad and the new card in the Pace.

How do I get the white card twinned with the Pace to get going since it is second hand it will probably be locked on to a different region to what I am used to and I understand to be a strong ITV region (Anglia) west?
Hopefully this will solve my pixilation at 11pm and the loss of some channels.
Old Dec 13th 2009, 9:34 pm

How do I get the white card twinned with the Pace to get going since it is second hand it will probably be locked on to a different region to what I am used to and I understand to be a strong ITV region (Anglia) west?
Erm....Contact Sky.

If you want to change your default 101 and 103 regions you wil have to supply them with an address in that region fopr them to register the sky card.

So if you want to use Anglia West as you 103 then you MUST supply them with an address for them to register the sky card to in that ITV1 region.
A Sky box will normally default to BBC1 London and ITV Central West for 101 and 103, if booted up woithout a viewing card. Once a card is inserted, the box will reload up the EPG to the 101 and 103 regions as determined by the postcode of the card.

(note a sky plus box will ont allow you to record the channels in the "other channel list")

The ITV1 regions on 12402 that are strong and require a sky card to view are:
Meridian South East (Not Merseyside like many people think!), Meridian North, Anglia West, Yorkshire East, Tyne Tees South, Central South West.

Last edited by The Guy; Dec 13th 2009 at 9:38 pm.