Stray dog

Old Feb 28th 2010, 7:59 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stray dog

Originally Posted by billymacker
it would only get in my garden once would not be seen again
It’s always important to get a timely remember in life that there are people you would not wish to live next door to, you know the kind, heroes that would wish to harm a little dog.

To reply to the OP, build your fence up so that the frisky little dog can’t get into your garden.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 7:18 am
Forum Regular

polly.walker is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks to all for the interest.

To those of you who have suggested I build my fence higher. It is already over 6' high
The problem is the litlle dog gets onto the top of it via next doors garden then jumps down
I am managing to separate my dogs in another part of the garden, but the little dog is then stuck because he can't just back up because the wall is so high
I am constantly putting him back. It's really bugging me now it's been nearly a week now
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:17 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by polly.walker
Thanks to all for the interest.

To those of you who have suggested I build my fence higher. It is already over 6' high
The problem is the litlle dog gets onto the top of it via next doors garden then jumps down
I am managing to separate my dogs in another part of the garden, but the little dog is then stuck because he can't just back up because the wall is so high
I am constantly putting him back. It's really bugging me now it's been nearly a week now
Put something on the top of your fence so it cant jump on it?? Its sad, but the Spanish do seem to let their dogs roam everywhere - they kick em out in the mornings and off they go, even in the towns. I'm often bemused by the fact that on several occasions I've seen dogs walk up to a zebra crossing and cross there - like they know thats the place to cross the road!!

In my area, both the campo and the nearby town there are dogs everywhere, either ferral or owned - some have collars, some dont, but they all just roam about - it seems thats how it is here!

Jo xx
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 4:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

to the OP

in the Round Town News this week (p14) there is a letter about registering dogs at the police Station.

Someone I know asked at Rojales police station on Monday & the answer was YES.

maybe this new rule will help you.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 7:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be a really nice guy on here who took in stray dogs and cared for them.... once he even gave Mitzy a roof over his head.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 7:23 am
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

It's only a dog. It doesn't need shooting or taking to the nick. Have a word with your neighbours, maybe two or three times if need be. If they don't stop it escaping then you must denounce them. It's the only fair way. Then the dog doesn't get done for the owners stupidity. My friends dog kept escaping and they got denounced. Now the doggies don't escape. It's not like they're mis-treating it right? So they don't need to be reported for that. Only for it getting onto your property and leading your dogs astray.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: up the mountains,with the goats.,los filabres,almeria,spain.
michaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to allmichaleen oge is a name known to all

i take my white husky max for walkies round and out of our village three times or more a day and i have seen an increase in stray dogs lately.
i try to be a responsible owner,max is always kept on a lead(huskys are famous for not returning if let off the lead to run free!!),i carry a bag for the poopies etc. but our calles are littered with dog crap. i am fortunate in the case that i pass the guarda civil station every day and wave to who-ever is inside(and always get a good smile and wave back). so when it comes time to apportion blame for the dog mess,and denuncias are flying about,i have my witnesses.
on another note,our yearly village calendar has a rather strapping man and white husky going walkies on the october page...guess who???
Attached Thumbnails Stray dog-mr.october-seron-calendar-2010.jpg  
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 11:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by billymacker
there's always the vets but a bullet is cheaper.

You are only allowed to shoot dogs on your property if they are posing a threat to you/other people or your property ,ie other animals .
This is assuming you have the relevant licenses to posses arms.

I doubt you could claim a tiny dog was a threat so I would not recommend it , just put it in a box and take it to to a vet , some are payed by the local townhall to look after / re home /put down animals.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 11:52 am
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Is everyone mising the point?? It isn't stray.. It's the neighbours dog.. What should be done about the neighbours.. Not the poor little dog.. That's like someone taking your toddler to the workhouse because they found it in their garden. Surely you would prefer them to come round and say.. "Hey, your dog keeps getting on to my property and making passes at my dogs. Please can you keep it on your land as mine are special breeding dogs and I don't want them tampered with". "Thanks, would you like to come round for a coffee and I'll show you where it gets in and stuff"..
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 2:43 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

I quite like the idea of a polite note attatched to its' collar. Sounds a good way to start don't you think?
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 8:42 pm
HOODIE

Originally Posted by Madridboy
I quite like the idea of a polite note attatched to its' collar. Sounds a good way to start don't you think?
It's better then a bullet through its neck..
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 7:50 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

OP says that the owner isn't known so having a word is not possible. Note on collar is a good idea.
Old Mar 3rd 2010, 2:05 pm
HOODIE

Originally Posted by jimenato
OP says that the owner isn't known so having a word is not possible. Note on collar is a good idea.
How do they know it's a neighbours dog then?
Someone must know. If not, do you think it could be followed home?
What would you put on the note too?
It may be the dog of a madman/woman.
I wouldn't like the idea of someone knowing who I was if I didn't know who they were if you get my drift. Some people are just plain crazy and don't care.