Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Strange mobile problem UK-Spain

Strange mobile problem UK-Spain

Old Jul 14th 2017, 5:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange mobile problem UK-Spain

I don't think I have any calls from Spanish numbers to my talk talk SIM to be honest. I will see if I can get someone to try it and see if it rings.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I don't think I have any calls from Spanish numbers to my talk talk SIM to be honest. I will see if I can get someone to try it and see if it rings.
When TalkTalk asked be to do a test yesterday, I asked three friends in Spain to call me...

This is where sods law comes into play. Out of the three, one called me sucessfully!! The other two where not able to connect as I expected.

So the problem is more unpredictable than I thought.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Just had a friend try my UK number talk talk from his Spanish number and it rang straight away.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I would maybe check that if the 2 that didn't get through if prefixing with the 0044 they are dropping off your first zero of your UK number? Just another thought.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

lutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond reputelutonlad has a reputation beyond repute

I would maybe check that if the 2 that didn't get through if prefixing with the 0044 they are dropping off your first zero of your UK number? Just another thought.
Thanks for the feedback.

The ones that didn't get through definitely dialled correctly. My wifes spanish mobile (currently here in the UK) fails when trying to phone my TalkTalk - it gets through to other UK numbers ok.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 11:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Just an update. The problem appears to be finally fixed!

Between them, TalkTalk and Vodafone (their network) were not able to replicate or fix my problem. You would have thought that in these days of modern tech, they would have been able to make test calls from a Spanish (or anywhere else) number - sadly no.

So I suggested to TalkTalk that they send me a complete new Sim with a different number.

At this point they said that they could allocate me a new number even without changing the sim. I said ok. Everything now appears to work as it should and I can receive Spanish calls ok.

Have now got the hassle of telling people the new number but at least the problem appears fixed.

Not sure of the technical reasons why, but it seems as though that the original number had some sort of external block on it.
Old Jul 19th 2017, 5:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks for update strange that it is the number rather than SIM. But good to hear you go the issue sorted out.