Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Strange affair in London

Strange affair in London

Old Nov 21st 2013, 6:49 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Strange affair in London

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/women-vict...for-30-years-2
Old Nov 21st 2013, 7:21 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strange affair in London

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes - saw it on the news.

All very odd and a lot of details still to be made public.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:30 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

The 30 year old was born into domestic slavery, I wonder what nationality she is, and if she was registered at birth.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond reputeolivefarmer has a reputation beyond repute

I have a theory which I call tip of the iceberg.

For everyone of these strange "one offs" there are actually quite a lot given the size of popluation. Chilling thought.
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:55 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
The 30 year old was born into domestic slavery, I wonder what nationality she is, and if she was registered at birth.
........... or where she came from???

Jo xxx
Old Nov 21st 2013, 9:58 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojo
........... or where she came from???

Jo xxx
I am guessing that her mother is one of the women, Irish or Malaysian?

My God, 30 years............
Old Nov 21st 2013, 11:15 pm
squeaky clean

Location: Spain 4th feb 08 - October 11, now flits batck and forth from sunny Worthing
jojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

I am guessing that her mother is one of the women, Irish or Malaysian?

My God, 30 years............
Apparently, according to the report I read, she wasnt related to any of the other women involved ???

Jo xxx
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:15 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

The kidnappers must have done a hell of a job on brainwashing them into zombies-like beings that they could allow them to go out in the knowledge they'd always come back again.

The couple responsible have been released on bail according to the news.

Reading between the lines there seems to have been some failings regarding the police action.
It took two days for the charity the captives informed to get in touch with the police, then three days after that they had still taken no action and it was only after two of the prisoners escaped that they became involved.

That's the way I heard it reported on the news today if I picked it up correctly.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 5:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
The kidnappers must have done a hell of a job on brainwashing them into zombies-like beings that they could allow them to go out in the knowledge they'd always come back again.

The couple responsible have been released on bail according to the news.

Reading between the lines there seems to have been some failings regarding the police action.
It took two days for the charity the captives informed to get in touch with the police, then three days after that they had still taken no action and it was only after two of the prisoners escaped that they became involved.

That's the way I heard it reported on the news today if I picked it up correctly.
According to the press coverage I've read, there is also some suggestion that the couple were previously known to the police in that they had been arrested (for what, I don't know) back in the 1970s.

What a horrible situation, that people can be held in these circumstances for so long in an ordinary street and nobody was aware of anything amiss. It's amazing how many of these cases seem to be coming to light recently, what with the Josef Fritzl case in Austria, Ariel Castro in the US and the traveller family who were keeping vulnerable and homeless men in slavery in order to claim their benefits. It makes me wonder just how many more there might be.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:26 pm
Banned

Have they given any clue to the nationality of the slavemasters?

We have the nationality of the victims but not the perps.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 6:58 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It's a difficult case to comment on, not knowing the full facts, but vulnerable people with horrible backgrounds are easily attracted by almost anyone who offers them food and shelter, which they don't have in their lives.

The police would not have bailed the suspects if the case is as horrific as it appears to be. On the other hand, they're using their entire human trafficking squad, 37 officers, on this one enquiry.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 7:08 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps it's best to keep ones opinions to oneself until all of the evidence is disclosed. But having said that, it appears to be a particularly nasty crime, that I am certain will be dealt with accordingly.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 7:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by crookesey
Perhaps it's best to keep ones opinions to oneself until all of the evidence is disclosed. But having said that, it appears to be a particularly nasty crime, that I am certain will be dealt with accordingly.
There is a lot of speculation and comments all over the place, so why should we be any different on BE?

Let the mods do their job if they think unsuitable comments or speculation has occured, it is not your place to restrict comments, that is their job.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 7:21 pm
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of speculation and comments all over the place, so why should we be any different on BE?

Let the mods do their job if they think unsuitable comments or speculation has occured, it is not your place to restrict comments, that is their job.
Neither is it your place to reprehend me, unless you have been inexplicably elevated to a position far beyond your capabilities.

Your spelling still requires work, by the way.
Old Nov 22nd 2013, 7:24 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by crookesey
Neither is it your place to reprehend me, unless you have been inexplicably elevated to a position far beyond your capabilities.

Your spelling still requires work, by the way.
QTD.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.