Storage Advice

Old Feb 3rd 2009, 10:58 am
Just Joined

abdalucix is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Storage Advice

Hello All,

I am currently in Málaga and anticipate moving to Prague at the beginning of next month. As things currently stand I am without an address to which I can send my belongings.

I am hoping to bung what I have into storage somewhere in/around Málaga and then have it collected and forwarded when I am settled at the other end.

I have a few quotes at the moment and I seem to be paying, in most cases, for a rather large container, which (after I separate out the essentials and sell off/donate the rest) is superfluous to my needs.

I was wondering if anyone has any tips with this sort of thing. Maybe I can share some container space with somebody else? If anybody knows of companies in the Málaga area that might be in a position to help I would really appreciate hearing from you.

All the best,

abda
Old Feb 3rd 2009, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Storage Advice

I have been talking to a company in the UK called Move It removals. I have no idea if they are any good or not but they have storage in Malaga I think and certainly seemed reasonable.
But see what Mitzyboy has to say - he is very knowledgeable on this score.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 9:58 am
Just Joined

Thanks for getting back to me. I'll give them a bell.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:11 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately cross trade is not my area of expertise

I will say though, use a storage company that stores inside, rather than in a container for if the effects are left an a container outside for any length of time ... depending on what you have in there they may deteriorate.

There are a number of self storage units HERE
Old Feb 4th 2009, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Cheers for that, I'll have another ring around today and see what turns up.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 11:20 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

If expense is a problem try renting a garage. A number are within secure areas so your goods would be relativity safe and would cost a fraction of the cost of a storage unit. Please see pic below she will guard your cherished belongings until they are sent on to your new address. She charges 4 euros an hour and 3 Havana's.No she does not do extras she is a happily married lady.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Good to see you back Posh. I was wondering what had happened to you.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

As much as I applaud the continued state of marital bliss enjoyed by the good woman, I fear that I shall be unable to engage her services.

I now have an address in Prague so I am looking for a way to forward the stuff prior to upping sticks. Considering that the total of my essentials will be limited to little more than a few medium-sized boxes, a full-on removal firm is unlikely to fit the bill.

I have in the past found excess baggage companies to be useful in this rôle, but I haven't seen anything like that locally.

Anybody know of anything like that? I have been sending e-mails to various excess-baggage companies but most of them are unwilling to ship from Spain to Czech

All best,

abda
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:38 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
I have been talking to a company in the UK called Move It removals. I have no idea if they are any good or not but they have storage in Malaga I think and certainly seemed reasonable.
But see what Mitzyboy has to say - he is very knowledgeable on this score.
I've just moved someone from storage to their house (Denia area). They used Move It to come over from UK - I can't say too much about the company or this will be edited. Suffice to say, I and my client would never use them again nor recommend them to anyone!
Old Feb 4th 2009, 3:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks - they do seem remarkably cheap - and IMO you usually do get what you pay for.
Am I allowed to ask you to PM me about the problem?
In that we probably have a two or three stage move. Store some in the UK for a month or two. Then assemble the lot. Then remove to Spain and store again. Then move to house. All spread over a year or two.
Old Feb 4th 2009, 5:03 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks - they do seem remarkably cheap - and IMO you usually do get what you pay for.
Am I allowed to ask you to PM me about the problem?
In that we probably have a two or three stage move. Store some in the UK for a month or two. Then assemble the lot. Then remove to Spain and store again. Then move to house. All spread over a year or two.
Please PM me and ask what ever questions you wish
Old Feb 5th 2009, 4:56 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Good to see you back Posh. I was wondering what had happened to you.

Morning bigglesworth.

My telephone and puter had gremlins therein and it took a week to have the engineer visit me,High winds.......Ohhhh Errrr, However all is now well. Will catch up on your Financial wisdom this morning.