Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Starting a Dog Kennels in Costa Blanca.

Starting a Dog Kennels in Costa Blanca.

Old Sep 18th 2019, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

Laineypower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Starting a Dog Kennels in Costa Blanca.

Hi Everyone,
I’ve just joined this forum and I am wondering if anyone can help me. My husband and I lived in Santa Pola for 3 years but, came back due to family.
We would now like to start looking for the right house in the right area of Spain to open a small dog kennels. Ideally between La Marina/ Elche and Alicante airport. Does anyone know what legal documents we would need to start this business?
Like, building permission for a kennel block(10) with drainage and water access.
Qualifications or knowledge for running a kennels.
Having a vet 24/7.
1st aid for animals.
Any information would be gratefully received.
Elaine.
Old Sep 18th 2019, 10:46 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Starting a Dog Kennels in Costa Blanca.

I assume you have some experience of running a kennel in the UK?

I would suggest you visit the kennels in the area. Perhaps look for a vacancy where you could learn what is required. You should be able to judge whether they are busy and profitable. It would be much easier to buy an established business than to start from scratch.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 7:40 am
Just Joined

Laineypower is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Starting a Dog Kennels in Costa Blanca.

Originally Posted by missile
I assume you have some experience of running a kennel in the UK?

I would suggest you visit the kennels in the area. Perhaps look for a vacancy where you could learn what is required. You should be able to judge whether they are busy and profitable. It would be much easier to buy an established business than to start from scratch.
Thank you for your input,
I have 27 years experience of having dogs, and I do house and dog sitting in the UK 🇬🇧
I am going to visit some kennels when I come over. I understand buying a business already set up would be easier, but I was really asking if everyone knows about planning permission to build kennels and who do i ask? Just trying to find out the basic legal requirements.
Old Sep 19th 2019, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Starting a Dog Kennels in Costa Blanca.

Originally Posted by Laineypower

Thank you for your input,
I have 27 years experience of having dogs, and I do house and dog sitting in the UK 🇬🇧
I am going to visit some kennels when I come over. I understand buying a business already set up would be easier, but I was really asking if everyone knows about planning permission to build kennels and who do i ask? Just trying to find out the basic legal requirements.
Go to your town hall they will know all your questions. Here in the valley it is extremely difficult for most new building works, good fortune to you