Stamina

Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:07 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stamina

Originally Posted by jdr
I am there now, in shorts, it`s only 22.5c at the mo though.
Only 20C or so higher than here in the UK! Snowing (well half-sleeting) again...
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Only 20C or so higher than here in the UK! Snowing (well half-sleeting) again...
It`s been cold, windy and raining floods here for about two months with just a few days now and again like today.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

paintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond reputepaintermujer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by manamama
If they are a family like us,, with kids and have to work.

It is more difficult than you can possibly imagine.

Often the parents don't know the language, the school system is very different, they have no family or friends nearby.

They usually have this idea it will be GREAT and have days at the beach or lying by the pool. And life in Spain is not like that in reality.

Day to day life is hard. I found it hard to manage in the heat, cooking for a family, shopping for food and learning the language. The first six months were awful,, and I hated it.

We are now in the North, with a climate similar to the UK. Fortunately, my husband works and can provide a stable lifestyle. We have been one of the lucky ones and as time goes on, it gets easier.

So stamina is required. As well as having the financial stability which Spain really does not give (job prospects etc).

Moving to Spain, is a dream for so many in the UK, but the reality is very different. Sometimes, uprooting yourself and your family is the only way of moving forward and getting it out of your system.

Definitely the first few months are the hardest.
That's what I kind of think.
We were talking recently saying that we never seem to have time to do nothing.
We do seem to be much busier here than in the UK-not that we mind but anyone with the idea of manana may be surprised.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:41 pm
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: Stamina

An eskimo once moved to Florida, looking for a new life full of new ventures and a good way of life. He hated it there and said it was too hot. Nobody would employ him because they couldn't understand him.
One day some kind person gave him some ice water and made him take his furskins off. They could hear him better without his huge protective layers around his face even though he spoke a different language the people could make out his gestures. He wasn't as hot anymore and wore a tee shirt and shorts, on his feet he had sneakers, for sneaking if necessary.
He learned the language and works as a janitor in a school and gets on well with all the kids. He has his own house and family.
He adapted to form his better life, using his head and a bit of help.
The moral of this story?
I will not live in an igloo unless I can find that eskimo..
(It could be about learning to adapt and not expecting everything to fall into place for you without a bit of help and a lot of work).
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
20 here
Been snowing here since 2pm.
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
Been snowing here since 2pm.
again!

I just gave a class outside the bar without a coat on
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 7:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

again!

I just gave a class outside the bar without a coat on
She`s on the wrong side of the mountain.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 3:32 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
shhh

don't tell her
Old Feb 24th 2010, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
shhh

don't tell her
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:46 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
An eskimo once moved to Florida, looking for a new life full of new ventures and a good way of life. He hated it there and said it was too hot. Nobody would employ him because they couldn't understand him.
One day some kind person gave him some ice water and made him take his furskins off. They could hear him better without his huge protective layers around his face even though he spoke a different language the people could make out his gestures. He wasn't as hot anymore and wore a tee shirt and shorts, on his feet he had sneakers, for sneaking if necessary.
He learned the language and works as a janitor in a school and gets on well with all the kids. He has his own house and family.
He adapted to form his better life, using his head and a bit of help.
The moral of this story?
I will not live in an igloo unless I can find that eskimo..
(It could be about learning to adapt and not expecting everything to fall into place for you without a bit of help and a lot of work).
Yeah, that's about it, isn't it?

Moving to another country is far harder and far more complicated than most people ever realise.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 8:38 am
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah, that's about it, isn't it?

Moving to another country is far harder and far more complicated than most people ever realise.
It's taken me over eight years to get anywhere near settled. It does seem to get more complicated as it goes on but we are much happier here. Lots of form filling, town hall stamping and hospital finding. (They're forever sending us to different ones hidden down side streets in city centres, thank goodness for google map). It's not easy, I don't know how much stamina I have but I definately lost the will to live in the uk. At least I can get a good tan whilst I'm waiting for my appointments here. (Most of the time).
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:12 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

It's taken me over eight years to get anywhere near settled. It does seem to get more complicated as it goes on but we are much happier here. Lots of form filling, town hall stamping and hospital finding. (They're forever sending us to different ones hidden down side streets in city centres, thank goodness for google map). It's not easy, I don't know how much stamina I have but I definately lost the will to live in the uk. At least I can get a good tan whilst I'm waiting for my appointments here. (Most of the time).
Yeah. So far the dreaded Spanish bureaucracy has for me proven to be far less than threatened, and in many cases less than I have experienced in the UK. Plus as you say, the weather is just so nicer than in the UK.

(Yeah, I know about the floods.....)
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 12:30 pm
HOODIE

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah. So far the dreaded Spanish bureaucracy has for me proven to be far less than threatened, and in many cases less than I have experienced in the UK. Plus as you say, the weather is just so nicer than in the UK.

(Yeah, I know about the floods.....)
The sun must be a form of stamina giving energy.. With lots of rain thrown in. Roll on summer, the sun keeps peeping its nose through but isn't quite shining on us yet. I have my sun lotion and ice cubes at the ready though. I used to have ice cubes at the ready in england but they were usually on the end of my nose.
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 6:18 pm
bil
Banned

The sun must be a form of stamina giving energy.. With lots of rain thrown in. Roll on summer, the sun keeps peeping its nose through but isn't quite shining on us yet. I have my sun lotion and ice cubes at the ready though. I used to have ice cubes at the ready in england but they were usually on the end of my nose.
Well, in the last few days it has seemed more spring like, but today was as wet, grey and depressing as any this winter.

Roll on the sun, I cannot wait. It bucks you up, and makes you smile.