Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Old Mar 4th 2007, 4:12 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Hi Lionda
Ensure the agent has your property on the internet ,as more than 50% now search there !! I have mine sold (subject to contract) without estate agent by simply having it on www.mypropertyforsale.co.uk .
People can email you 24 hours a day , no waitting for the agents to be open , you speak direct for viewings and stuff i would go that route everytime now.. and it was free of charge !!!

Put it on there yourself if your agent hasnt got you highlighted on the net .. And when you sell it yourself tell the agent to get stuffed ..

A Tip the site ranks very high , so if you go that route ensure your very first Line , hits a search term ie;

People searching would type say "House for sale with 3 beds in Coventry" so you want to have your lead description something like "Coventry 3 beds Detached House " so you increase its chances of being pulled up on search engines etc, hope you see the logic ?

Think how you would search for a property and ensure they are in your lead decription as the search engines scan them..

So give it some thought all i can say is it worked for me , from within 2 weeks of placing my advert i had ongoing leads , 6 views later and a deal has been made , just got to wait for them to sell there property and complete ..

nothing to lose right ?
Thanks for the link Pete, and the advice I really appreciate it

Last edited by Lionda; Mar 4th 2007 at 4:45 pm. Reason: typo
Old Mar 4th 2007, 6:38 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Originally Posted by Lionda
Thanks for the link Pete, and the advice I really appreciate it
no probs Lionda heck i am a nice guy
Take your pics of your house , fill all your description and stuff on there site and within 2 days its on view to the world ..

within a few days you will start seeing hits and stuff .. Best move i did and not paying any agents a penny for doing next to nothing
Old Apr 17th 2007, 4:02 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

I know the Oasis development well (we have freinds there) - some call it Oasis, Other agents call it Valley of the Vines. Hondon Valley is a lovely place, very peaceful (when no builders about), great views, fruit growing everywhere and cheap to live... good restaurants are hard to find though... then again it's up and coming! House prices are great compared to the Blanca's coast properties. The reality is though that the Oasis urbanisation is in it's last phases of development, but still got builders in for at least another 18 months to 2 years to finish. The commercial area (shops, banks, etc) hasn't been started yet, no street lighting, electricity is reg' cutting out and as with water is builders supply. The local council are slow to take up the development but signs are it may be soon. Of course sipping your G&T on summer's sunday all the world seems great.

As for the Claudia's Model, the original builder left has he couldn't sell any and a new builder "Contrimar" has took over and won't be building anymore, they have their own models - they had to re-style (gut) the Claudia interiors and reduce the prices to sell any! - at one stage they where all sold (about 12 of them) but 50% have fell through - I think the average price is about Euro200K now - but the passover to a new builder has caused problems with paperwork and planning and maintenance so beware ! Make sure you get an indelendent solicitor (DON'T use the agents recommendation) - Talk to as many locals as possible to get advice about tax, planning, council papers, swimming pools, gardens, air-con, heating (it's cold in winter), alarms (there have been a few break-ins) and SHOP AROUND... BTW the white goods are usually crap and in Spain only come with a 6 month guarantee !!

DESPITE the hiccups you will encounter (without a doubt) the pace of life and summer days make it all worthwhile... but don't come with rose-tinted glasses as you are in a FOREIGN country and they DO do things different here !!!! Good Luck.