Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:22 pm
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice
Default Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Okay have paid my 3000 euros to reserve a property at Hondon de las Nieves, anyone on the forum from there by chance?

Well we arrived with the property show people on Monday and were very surprised to discover the guy who came with us was IN ADDITION to a guy who would be showing us around. I start to think lets monitor how this works and quickly reached the opinion that with four of us in the car one was surplus to requirement. It was the guy who came across with us from the property show as he really didnt do anything other than passenger so I am thinking costs involved and whos paying for all this stuff.

Well we played it by ear and were shown some fantastic properties and on day one of four we fell in love with the model Claudia in Hondon and there was only one left of those models left with no more being built. Of course I never believed that so when we returned to the hotel room and armed with number of the builder (be prepared )I called them from the hotel room and was told it was true there was only one available and that was actually reserved already. The rep with me had put a reserve on it for 24 hours which is what they do to give people like me time to think.

He extended the reserve the next day for another 24 hours and we saw some more properties but I had already made my mind up it was the villa Claudia at Hondon or nothing and given my negative thoughts about how much all the gimmicks were costing and my deciding it was me and other buyers who covered these expenses in the price of the property I was gutted to reach a decision on the last evening. The main feature of the complex is about to be built (a square with shops bars and restaurants) and a few more villas. Of course I was concerned about how that might ruin the area (not true ) and wife had concerns about the building going on (not true ) as it was always our intention to give him reasons to think we were unsure and that was our strategy before leaving the UK. I was not going to buy the property as he had already told me there was no room to move on the asking price other than he would give white goods for free. Also that afternoon the rep told me another agent had put a second reserve on the property which meant that if he let it go it would go to another buyer and being the last one would more than likely be sold so I was prepared to go home empty handed.

I decided not to wait until the next morning to let him know my decision and called him that evening and of course he was dissapointed and said my last morning was free and he would pick me up at 2.30 for the airport.

Next morning around 10am in he comes and catches me more by luck than anything else and asks me if there is anything he can do as he knew I liked the property. I told him I knew that his company had loads of overheads to cover with the reduced flights and free accomodation and that I was not prepared to pay for those costs indirectly. The work still to be done was a concern and I was going to come back on my own and get a property independantly of his company and then of course he reminded me about the second reserve on the villa and how it was the last one and It would probably be sold by the time got back. He was playing his four kings then. Oh hang on a minute, did I mention the the first night after seeing the villa I called another propery company from the hotel told them I loved the property and said I wanted it "sorry" they said "it has reserve on but we will put a second reserve on it for you just incase the other party changes their minds when/if they do we have the next shout on it and will call you"

So I am sitting opposite this bloke on the last morning and he reminds of the second reserve and I look him in the eye and a smile just cracks on my face, I could not stop it. He looks at me and I could see the second he realised and just for a minute anger then composure then admiration I think and he thinks "the git has got four aces"

Now we have another very quick and different conversation and securing another 6000 euros off the price AND white goods. We shake hands on the deal, villa is mine yaroooo

Yea we may have got more but will never know. He was a tough cookie but I think he will remember me. I suggested when I am settled he is welcome to bring prospective clients around for a chat "erm no thanks" he said and laughed.
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 12:29 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stage 1 - reserve paid on property

Well done Hope it turns out to be all you expect it to be. We are further north in Castalla (when we eventually get a moving date that is )
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 4:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Smooth operator
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 8:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK
Okay have paid my 3000 euros to reserve a property at Hondon de las Nieves, anyone on the forum from there by chance?

Well we arrived with the property show people on Monday and were very surprised to discover the guy who came with us was IN ADDITION to a guy who would be showing us around. I start to think lets monitor how this works and quickly reached the opinion that with four of us in the car one was surplus to requirement. It was the guy who came across with us from the property show as he really didnt do anything other than passenger so I am thinking costs involved and whos paying for all this stuff.

Well we played it by ear and were shown some fantastic properties and on day one of four we fell in love with the model Claudia in Hondon and there was only one left of those models left with no more being built. Of course I never believed that so when we returned to the hotel room and armed with number of the builder (be prepared )I called them from the hotel room and was told it was true there was only one available and that was actually reserved already. The rep with me had put a reserve on it for 24 hours which is what they do to give people like me time to think.

He extended the reserve the next day for another 24 hours and we saw some more properties but I had already made my mind up it was the villa Claudia at Hondon or nothing and given my negative thoughts about how much all the gimmicks were costing and my deciding it was me and other buyers who covered these expenses in the price of the property I was gutted to reach a decision on the last evening. The main feature of the complex is about to be built (a square with shops bars and restaurants) and a few more villas. Of course I was concerned about how that might ruin the area (not true ) and wife had concerns about the building going on (not true ) as it was always our intention to give him reasons to think we were unsure and that was our strategy before leaving the UK. I was not going to buy the property as he had already told me there was no room to move on the asking price other than he would give white goods for free. Also that afternoon the rep told me another agent had put a second reserve on the property which meant that if he let it go it would go to another buyer and being the last one would more than likely be sold so I was prepared to go home empty handed.

I decided not to wait until the next morning to let him know my decision and called him that evening and of course he was dissapointed and said my last morning was free and he would pick me up at 2.30 for the airport.

Next morning around 10am in he comes and catches me more by luck than anything else and asks me if there is anything he can do as he knew I liked the property. I told him I knew that his company had loads of overheads to cover with the reduced flights and free accomodation and that I was not prepared to pay for those costs indirectly. The work still to be done was a concern and I was going to come back on my own and get a property independantly of his company and then of course he reminded me about the second reserve on the villa and how it was the last one and It would probably be sold by the time got back. He was playing his four kings then. Oh hang on a minute, did I mention the the first night after seeing the villa I called another propery company from the hotel told them I loved the property and said I wanted it "sorry" they said "it has reserve on but we will put a second reserve on it for you just incase the other party changes their minds when/if they do we have the next shout on it and will call you"

So I am sitting opposite this bloke on the last morning and he reminds of the second reserve and I look him in the eye and a smile just cracks on my face, I could not stop it. He looks at me and I could see the second he realised and just for a minute anger then composure then admiration I think and he thinks "the git has got four aces"

Now we have another very quick and different conversation and securing another 6000 euros off the price AND white goods. We shake hands on the deal, villa is mine yaroooo

Yea we may have got more but will never know. He was a tough cookie but I think he will remember me. I suggested when I am settled he is welcome to bring prospective clients around for a chat "erm no thanks" he said and laughed.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out. When is completion and when do you think your house in the Uk will need to go on the market?
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 7:56 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like he may have given a away a large chunk of his commission, but retained enough to still make the sale worthwhile.
Post your experiences of the outcome...good luck.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 8:41 am
Smarties

SmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really niceSmartiesUK is just really nice

Originally Posted by wheatsheaf42
It will be interesting to see how this pans out. When is completion and when do you think your house in the Uk will need to go on the market?
Completion is May and house goes on Market on Monday. If it looks like the house wont sell then we can push completion back a bit and arrange for a Spanish mortgage and let the UK house out. I have the 20% deposit in savings anyway so no panic as yet
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 10:53 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Completion is May and house goes on Market on Monday. If it looks like the house wont sell then we can push completion back a bit and arrange for a Spanish mortgage and let the UK house out. I have the 20% deposit in savings anyway so no panic as yet
Good Luck with selling your house....ours has been on the market for just over a year and we have knocked £5000 off the asking price last week
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 1:49 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Why dont you put it in an auction,in London,quite a lot of London investors looking at merseyside.
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Dont be put off by auctions, we sold a house that way and actually made more money than the original asking price.

Good luck though and let us all know how it goes.

pwwm
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:49 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Smooth operator
Smooth and like Mr Speedy , he dont hang around does he. lol
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 9:51 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
Good Luck with selling your house....ours has been on the market for just over a year and we have knocked £5000 off the asking price last week
Yes but now winters going Lionda the market will perk up , so keep the front looking good ,clear them dead leaves and stuff, and then it will sell ..
Old Mar 3rd 2007, 11:10 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Yes but now winters going Lionda the market will perk up , so keep the front looking good ,clear them dead leaves and stuff, and then it will sell ..

As soon as the wind drops I will be out there with a brush
Old Mar 4th 2007, 7:02 am
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

As soon as the wind drops I will be out there with a brush
Bake some fresh bread, put the fresh coffee on and light some candles. Buy fresh flowers.
I did this and ended up with sealed bids!

love

mary x x
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:17 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by maryann
Bake some fresh bread, put the fresh coffee on and light some candles. Buy fresh flowers.
I did this and ended up with sealed bids!

love

mary x x
Anything is worth a try One of the problems though is actually getting viewings, we are on our 3rd estate agents, they've all quoted the same asking price so we believed they knew what they were doing, now we have dropped the price we hope to get more viewings. Had a Polish couple round yesterday so will get feedback from that on Monday.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:38 pm
Banned

Anything is worth a try One of the problems though is actually getting viewings, we are on our 3rd estate agents, they've all quoted the same asking price so we believed they knew what they were doing, now we have dropped the price we hope to get more viewings. Had a Polish couple round yesterday so will get feedback from that on Monday.
Hi Lionda
Ensure the agent has your property on the internet ,as more than 50% now search there !! I have mine sold (subject to contract) without estate agent by simply having it on www.mypropertyforsale.co.uk .
People can email you 24 hours a day , no waitting for the agents to be open , you speak direct for viewings and stuff i would go that route everytime now.. and it was free of charge !!!

Put it on there yourself if your agent hasnt got you highlighted on the net .. And when you sell it yourself tell the agent to get stuffed ..

A Tip the site ranks very high , so if you go that route ensure your very first Line , hits a search term ie;

People searching would type say "House for sale with 3 beds in Coventry" so you want to have your lead description something like "Coventry 3 beds Detached House " so you increase its chances of being pulled up on search engines etc, hope you see the logic ?

Think how you would search for a property and ensure they are in your lead decription as the search engines scan them..

So give it some thought all i can say is it worked for me , from within 2 weeks of placing my advert i had ongoing leads , 6 views later and a deal has been made , just got to wait for them to sell there property and complete ..

nothing to lose right ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.