Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spring hijacker of the year award!

View Poll Results: Hijacker of the year!
Sam Greenfield
2
7.41%
Debsyw
6
22.22%
Same Difference
3
11.11%
Rugbymatt
14
51.85%
Leighbloke
2
7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Spring hijacker of the year award!

Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:28 am
  #181  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by zel
And when will you likely to be back ?
Not sure, although if the funny side isn't taken I wont be back for a month at least!
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:30 am
  #182  
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,281
Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not sure, although if the funny side isn't taken I wont be back for a month at least!
Pm me the gory details of what you are gonna do!
Same Difference is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:30 am
  #183  
BE Forum Addict
 
DebsyW's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Lovely Lancashire
Posts: 2,631
DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not sure, although if the funny side isn't taken I wont be back for a month at least!
Why are you going to IOW... I`ve obviously missed something somewhere
DebsyW is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:31 am
  #184  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Why are you going to IOW... I`ve obviously missed something somewhere
I am homeless on Wednesday, and finding a new house to live in is posing a few problems!
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:34 am
  #185  
zel
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 987
zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Not sure, although if the funny side isn't taken I wont be back for a month at least!
BTW Not forgot about your Isuzu Trooper, most of the ones in your price bracket have been to the moon and back as that's just the nature of the vehicle.

But there is one with 100,000KM's Yr2000 which is just around the corner to another car I'm going to have a look at/purchase either tomorrow or early next week so I'll pop in and take a look at it..

Tho if I were you I'd be choosing something more popular in Europe than one of those as you'll get better value for money.
zel is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:36 am
  #186  
zel
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 987
zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I am homeless on Wednesday, and finding a new house to live in is posing a few problems!
Any real reason why it's posing problems? ignore me if I'm being too inquisitive.

Seems at least around here due to property not moving there is more rentable property on the market and the prices are in fact coming down a little.
zel is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:38 am
  #187  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by zel
BTW Not forgot about your Isuzu Trooper, most of the ones in your price bracket have been to the moon and back as that's just the nature of the vehicle.

But there is one with 100,000KM's Yr2000 which is just around the corner to another car I'm going to have a look at/purchase either tomorrow or early next week so I'll pop in and take a look at it..

Tho if I were you I'd be choosing something more popular in Europe than one of those as you'll get better value for money.
There lies the rub zel, it has to be about the same size as my Discovery, and around the same comfort level.


Don't mind what it is other than that, so long as it is left hand drive, and is easy to convert to Spanish plates.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:38 am
  #188  
BE Forum Addict
 
DebsyW's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Lovely Lancashire
Posts: 2,631
DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I am homeless on Wednesday, and finding a new house to live in is posing a few problems!
Yeah, I`m up to date as far as that... but why do you have to go to IOW?
DebsyW is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:39 am
  #189  
BE Forum Addict
 
DebsyW's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Lovely Lancashire
Posts: 2,631
DebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond reputeDebsyW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There lies the rub zel, it has to be about the same size as my Discovery, and around the same comfort level.


Don't mind what it is other than that, so long as it is left hand drive, and is easy to convert to Spanish plates.
Can you not have another Landrover? I would find it hard driving anything else now. Got a Discovery and a Series 2a
DebsyW is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:40 am
  #190  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by zel
Any real reason why it's posing problems? ignore me if I'm being too inquisitive.

Seems at least around here due to property not moving there is more rentable property on the market and the prices are in fact coming down a little.
I live in an are renown for polo, and believe me its massive, and the start of the season is.........May.

One client of a friend who is an estate agent has just rented out her place for 3 months to a polo player for 15,000, 5 grand a month, paid in cash up front.

I cant even begin to compete, and I reuse to pay 1200 plus for a 3 bed shoebox with no heating.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:42 am
  #191  
zel
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 987
zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There lies the rub zel, it has to be about the same size as my Discovery, and around the same comfort level.


Don't mind what it is other than that, so long as it is left hand drive, and is easy to convert to Spanish plates.
I'll warn ya now mate, you have to be SUPER careful buying any Asian market vehicle in LHD form as it may be a gray import and you could run into a nightmare having to reg it (unless you use the same place as Mitzy) as I've had a bloke on another forum just yesterday saying that his grey import car has been flatly refused Spanish registration.

If you go and buy something, never ever part with even a deposit until they can show you it has a C.O.C (Certificate Of Conformity)
zel is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:43 am
  #192  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by DebsyW
Can you not have another Landrover? I would find it hard driving anything else now. Got a Discovery and a Series 2a
I don't have a problem with having another Disco, I just asked zel if he could keep his ear to the ground and see what's out there.
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:46 am
  #193  
zel
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 987
zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I live in an are renown for polo, and believe me its massive, and the start of the season is.........May.

One client of a friend who is an estate agent has just rented out her place for 3 months to a polo player for 15,000, 5 grand a month, paid in cash up front.

I cant even begin to compete, and I reuse to pay 1200 plus for a 3 bed shoebox with no heating.
Ah yes I know this feeling well living spitting distance from Wimbledon Tennis, next door rents their house out for 10k for 3 WEEKS and they just bugger off on holiday with the money so they don't even really have to find somewhere else to stay!

Last year I had some 'famous' player living next door and because he was supposedly 'famous' thought it was his god given right to knock and ask my password for my wifi.... The bloke quickly learnt some English lingo that conversation!
zel is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:47 am
  #194  
Straw Man.
 
rugbymatt's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
Posts: 46,302
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by zel
Ah yes I know this feeling well living spitting distance from Wimbledon Tennis, next door rents their house out for 10k for 3 WEEKS and they just bugger off on holiday with the money so they don't even really have to find somewhere else to stay!

Last year I had some 'famous' player living next door and because he was supposedly 'famous' thought it was his god given right to knock and ask my password for my wifi.... The bloke quickly learnt some English lingo that conversation!
brilliant!
rugbymatt is offline  
Old Apr 24th 2008, 1:49 am
  #195  
zel
 
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 987
zel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spring hijacker of the year award!

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I don't have a problem with having another Disco, I just asked zel if he could keep his ear to the ground and see what's out there.
For a Disco with about the same mileage you're looking at a 1997 model year.

What year is your rhd one?

BTW: Ever thought of something like a 4door L200 or Vigo(Hilux) with the enclosed rear canopy?

Last edited by zel; Apr 24th 2008 at 1:53 am.
zel is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.