Speeding fine

Old Sep 24th 2014, 6:43 pm
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 196
gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Speeding fine

My son who lives in Benijofar drove through a radar trap in Santa Pola and thinks he may get a fine for driving 70 in a 60 zone. The problem is that in 5 years he has never received any post. He has a private mail box but the police would not be aware of that. If a fine is sent by post he is unlikely to receive it. How can he find out if there is a fine?
gill556 is offline  
Old Sep 24th 2014, 7:48 pm
  #2  
Retired and loving it!
 
snikpoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontinyent - Valencia region (campo)
Posts: 5,167
snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

Originally Posted by gill556
My son who lives in Benijofar drove through a radar trap in Santa Pola and thinks he may get a fine for driving 70 in a 60 zone. The problem is that in 5 years he has never received any post. He has a private mail box but the police would not be aware of that. If a fine is sent by post he is unlikely to receive it. How can he find out if there is a fine?
There is a website (buscamultas.com) where he can look it up (I think).

In the mean time, he really needs to let trafico know his postal address!

We use a private mailbox as our address with no problem at all.
snikpoh is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2014, 11:21 am
  #3  
Started off with nothing
 
missile's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,949
missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

Why does he not get post?
If he was caught speeding, the police will eventually turn up at the address where his car is registered.
missile is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2014, 6:26 pm
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 196
flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

We only have a correos PO box and you cannot register a car there, so you will not get any fines you go on the register as not paid and the bill goes up and up. I think busca multas takes 6 months as it is only people who are on the register as de faulted. You can get a digital certificate that allows you to take an Alta at traffico so that any fines and notifications come via email allowing you the grace period to pay early. In the meantime if you go to traffico and explain that you need an Alta and why they will look up to see if you have outstanding fines, remember you need to have an appointment before you go (there are always loads for the next day). A member of family did not have their registered at their current address and a fine was not received, after 3 years on the register Traffico accessed via Hacienda their bank account and removed a lot of money!
flotsum is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2014, 7:32 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Apr 2006
Posts: 196
gill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond reputegill556 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

Thank you everybody, I have an appointment at traffico to change an English licence to a Spanish one for a friend, would I need to make a second appointment and would they allow me to do it for my son?
gill556 is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:32 pm
  #6  
Retired and loving it!
 
snikpoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontinyent - Valencia region (campo)
Posts: 5,167
snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

Originally Posted by flotsum
We only have a correos PO box and you cannot register a car there, so you will not get any fines you go on the register as not paid and the bill goes up and up. I think busca multas takes 6 months as it is only people who are on the register as de faulted. You can get a digital certificate that allows you to take an Alta at traffico so that any fines and notifications come via email allowing you the grace period to pay early. In the meantime if you go to traffico and explain that you need an Alta and why they will look up to see if you have outstanding fines, remember you need to have an appointment before you go (there are always loads for the next day). A member of family did not have their registered at their current address and a fine was not received, after 3 years on the register Traffico accessed via Hacienda their bank account and removed a lot of money!
Simply not true - I've done it for all our vehicles (cars and bikes).
snikpoh is offline  
Old Sep 25th 2014, 11:45 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 196
flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

Traffico have refused outright to register either of our cars at a correos post office, we tried in person and also via our gestor who was also told no, we have even asked that they put an amendment on our car details so that we have our fiscal address and a mailing address but the computer and several men said no. It maybe different with a private mailbox when it has a street address but as soon as you say Apartido de Correos they shake their heads and say not possible as its an office building not a private address. My sister has a buzon and has no problems as that is considered a street address. Wish we had a private mailbox service in our town but we do not and having a PO Box at a Correos building is our only option and we have discovered causes many unforeseen problems.
flotsum is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2014, 12:04 am
  #8  
Retired and loving it!
 
snikpoh's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Ontinyent - Valencia region (campo)
Posts: 5,167
snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

Originally Posted by flotsum
Traffico have refused outright to register either of our cars at a correos post office, we tried in person and also via our gestor who was also told no, we have even asked that they put an amendment on our car details so that we have our fiscal address and a mailing address but the computer and several men said no. It maybe different with a private mailbox when it has a street address but as soon as you say Apartido de Correos they shake their heads and say not possible as its an office building not a private address. My sister has a buzon and has no problems as that is considered a street address. Wish we had a private mailbox service in our town but we do not and having a PO Box at a Correos building is our only option and we have discovered causes many unforeseen problems.

My profuse apologies - I should have read your post more diligently.

We have a private mailbox, so for us, no issue.
snikpoh is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2014, 12:13 am
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 196
flotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond reputeflotsum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

That's OK I was just trying to say that private mailbox is the best option when sorting post out.
flotsum is offline  
Old Sep 26th 2014, 1:54 am
  #10  
Started off with nothing
 
missile's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,949
missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

At the Correos in Rojales and Quesada they have a box where they keep mail for those who are not on the delivery route.

You might want to ask at your local Correos if they will hold mail for your collection.
missile is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2014, 5:31 am
  #11  
BE Forum Addict
 
Maybe1day's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2013
Location: (Ex Liguria)
Posts: 1,833
Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

There is an official site to check if you have an existing unpaid fine. It goes up very rapidly if not paid, There was a post last year on here with someone getting an 80 Euro fine which became 1100 in a couple of years. (the link was also given) You can go to a gestoria? ( I think they are called that) and for 20 Euros they will run a check for any outstanding debts on the vehicle.
Maybe1day is offline  
Old Oct 1st 2014, 8:42 am
  #12  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Jan 2013
Posts: 977
Porth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond reputePorth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Speeding fine

Oh for a universal postal delivery system. Just as an aside the Royal Mail is now closing down Post Offices and transferring them to Spa and the like so open twelve hours a day and then after lunch on both Saturday and Sunday.

In France and no doubt in Spain revolutions?
Porth is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.