Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish woman jailed over custody battle

Spanish woman jailed over custody battle

Old Dec 24th 2009, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

featherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond reputefeatherbum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish woman jailed over custody battle

I've been following this story for a while, and yesterday she was jailed for 14 years for taking her daughter out of the states without consent etc etc.

I've been reading comments from readers in different articles and people's opinions vary extremely from 'poor woman how unfair' to 'horrible woman for taking the kid away from her dad' to cut a long story short.

Just wondering what your opinions are!

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?Arti...tegoryId=12395
Old Dec 24th 2009, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of
Default Re: Spanish woman jailed over custody battle

Well at Christmas its not a nice story. For all parties to this probably steamy relationship. Now father of the child, Peter Innes, does seem a real nice guy on his introduction piece.

http://www.innesadvertising.com/

The mother of the child MARIA JOSE CARRASCOSA does look like she has been through a lot.

But I don't know weither of them nor have read all the reports, but maybe its a question of "Six Of One, A Half Dozen Of The Other".
Anyway, I am sorry that Maria Jose Carrascosa disobeyed a court order and suffers so much.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 6:08 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

I just fail to see what purpose is gained by jailing the mother.
Old Dec 24th 2009, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Dessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really niceDessiree is just really nice

Originally Posted by playamonte
I just fail to see what purpose is gained by jailing the mother.
I couldn't agree more, surely the welfare of the child is of the utmost importance and this child is going to missing its mum!!!

and yeah i watched the innes clip and what a smarmy so and so!!!!
Old Dec 24th 2009, 8:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dessiree
I couldn't agree more, surely the welfare of the child is of the utmost importance and this child is going to missing its mum!!!
and yeah i watched the innes clip and what a smarmy so and so!!!!
Natural instinct of a woman - I guess.
A man may think - maybe the mother could have acted a little differently to be a 'good' mother to her child ?
And interesting 'take' on the man in the clip. I have watched that man presenting his company using the Internet several times and I just do not see how anybody could call him 'smarmy'. I think he is 'to the point' and a good communicator. Or is this a man/woman divide issue?