Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Wines... any favourites?

Spanish Wines... any favourites?

Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Wines... any favourites?

Hola!
How about a chilled Galician Albarino (tilde on the "n")?
Carol
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:33 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
I think the church you´re talking about is Santo Domingo, so the road on the right will be Tornería. But after that I´m lost as Tornería must have about 100 bars/restaurants. I´ll systematically try them all out and get back to you in about 19 weeks when I´ve found the right one. This Rioja and smoked pork loin had better be worth it!
It was smoked but uncooked, the strangest thing ever mate, but oh my god, my mouth was doing somersaults!!

The owner suggested we had the white Rioja with it and he wasn't wrong.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:36 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
we used to drink that......then we discovered an even cheaper one there at 78c a bottle - L'Antigon, comes in red or white

I bought it for cooking, and tried a glass....it's on the sweeter side, but infinitely drinkable well chilled (red or white)

in fact so infinitely drinkable there's none left in the fridge & I had to just fish an empty out of my recycling box to check the spelling
LOL
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:39 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi ya, can't go wrong with homemade sangria, you can it make exactly how you like it, trouble is it is different each time, cos after drinking it you can't remember what quantities of whatever you put into it!! Good innit!
Also people are quite gullible when they think of sangria on a hot sunny day with good company, music and the sun, they automatically think it will be very much alcoholic, therefore psychological sangria is the cheapest as it has no alcohol, but the effects are the same, very funny to watch.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

psychological sangria, that's a good one!
Sangria made with a cognac kick is lethal, for me anyways...
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=rugbymatt;4924763]It was smoked but uncooked, the strangest thing ever mate, but oh my god, my mouth was doing somersaults!!
QUOTE]

No, Matt, them were the worms!
What was this smoked pork loin called in spanish? Presa?
Carol
Old Jun 16th 2007, 7:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Carol&John;4924814]
Originally Posted by rugbymatt
It was smoked but uncooked, the strangest thing ever mate, but oh my god, my mouth was doing somersaults!!
QUOTE]

No, Matt, them were the worms!
What was this smoked pork loin called in spanish? Presa?
Carol
to be honest I cant remember, I was hoping no one would ask me that!
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hhmm, that good, heh?
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:27 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Hhmm, that good, heh?
It was, but I am the most forgetful person ever.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 8:53 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Hola!
How about a chilled Galician Albarino (tilde on the "n")?
Carol
You tried Martin Codax? Stunning stuff.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:02 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Lochy
What about the name of calimotxo?
You say potato, I say potato.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lochy
You tried Martin Codax? Stunning stuff.
Is that an albarino, Lochy? Not sure about the names.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:08 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Is that an albarino, Lochy? Not sure about the names.
Yep, really good albarino. Might want to try lagar de cervera if you can't get hold of martin codax.
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Lochy. I'll write down these names; however, if the price is more than 10 euros, my taste buds go on strike!
Do you not miss a Laphroaig?
Carol
Old Jun 16th 2007, 9:15 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Lochy. I'll write down these names; however, if the price is more than 10 euros, my taste buds go on strike!
Do you not miss a Laphroaig?
Carol
By 10 euros I presume you mean a case.

Graham

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.