Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Residentia

Spanish Residentia

Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spanish Residentia

Originally Posted by angie mccready
whats the modelo 030?, i have residencia but i cant say iv heard of that!
Neither had I but Fred posted about 3-4 weeks ago and a link was included which I used to download the form, translated thro google and then filled in our copies printed off and went along to the local Hacienda where they accepted it without question only asked for the Padron which I had with me but it is 4 years old. Previously I asked at the town hall to update it but they said no wait until I needed it for something when I did it did not matter.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:34 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Residentia

Modelo 030 is used to report a change of address or a change in family circumstances.

I was not aware that it was used to register for tax - usually you do that by filing a tax declaration for the first time or by submitting the UK HMRC FD9 form which enable you to get UK pensions paid tax free.

That said, it would seem a very logical way of informing Hacienda that you are tax resident hoverer there isn't a box on the form that would indicate that.

Knowing Spanish civil servants, it wouldn't surprise me if they accepted it and then put it in the bin!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 10:19 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I always get frightened by these legal threads and it made me check my documents. Most things appear to be out of date, including my residencia.

So, here we go again, I’ve downloaded some forms, collected some more from the police station and the form filling has commenced. The queuing is about to start all over again and I can’t find my escritura for the padron, I know I’ve hidden it but have forgotten where.

When I collected the forms from the foreigners office it was full of dodgy looking Moroccans and Chinese. Oh, what fun!
Please note that your residencia (to my knowledge) does not run out-of-date. It may contain incorrect info. (if you've moved house) but never actually expires.

Things like Residencia, NIE, SIP and padron's stay with you for life and never expire. Some will need updating when you move (residencia, SIP) and some will need to be cancelled and then new ones obtained when you move (padron).

To answer the other poster's point, having a residencia (being on the list of foreigners) is NOT the same as being registered for tax.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 11:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spanish Residentia

Originally Posted by Fred James
Modelo 030 is used to report a change of address or a change in family circumstances.

I was not aware that it was used to register for tax - usually you do that by filing a tax declaration for the first time or by submitting the UK HMRC FD9 form which enable you to get UK pensions paid tax free.

That said, it would seem a very logical way of informing Hacienda that you are tax resident hoverer there isn't a box on the form that would indicate that.

Knowing Spanish civil servants, it wouldn't surprise me if they accepted it and then put it in the bin!
That may be true but if you are not here then you are here then that must be a change of address. On the instructions for the form there are about 10 uses listed and I think one was to register for the first time. I tried to get them to do my Modelo 100 after handing in the form but they were not helpful no-one in the office would admit to speaking any English and my Spanish is not up to explanations yet.

I have my HMRC FD9 all ready to hand in but I thought they would not accept this until I have registered. I also want to back date to last year to coincide with the date of the FD9 and my Licence to occupy the house. I did not understand that there were different dates for residents and non-residents so I started now to be ready for Decmber but now I am going back to the drawing board.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:50 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Please note that your residencia (to my knowledge) does not run out-of-date. It may contain incorrect info. (if you've moved house) but never actually expires.

Things like Residencia, NIE, SIP and padron's stay with you for life and never expire. Some will need updating when you move (residencia, SIP) and some will need to be cancelled and then new ones obtained when you move (padron).

To answer the other poster's point, having a residencia (being on the list of foreigners) is NOT the same as being registered for tax.
This knowledgeable post gave me hope, but it didn’t last long. My residencia has expired, and I need the new one which doesn’t have my photo on it, I suspect that one doesn’t expire, it’s a pointless piece of paper.

It was a while ago when I registered on the padron, and I’ve been informed that I need a new one.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:55 pm
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

our padrons here in salinas only last for 3 months then you have to renew them at a cost of E2.60.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

our padrons here in salinas only last for 3 months then you have to renew them at a cost of E2.60.
You only have to renew it if you get asked for an up to date one from usually goverment offices, schools etc.
Ours are free.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 5:44 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

No, the padron does not expire. At least, you will ALWAYS remain on the padron until you fill in the necessary paperwork to come off it or until the regional government wipe thousands off (they did this in Valencia recently to 'tidy up'!!!)

What actually happens is that certain authorities require that the copy they are shown, is not more than 3 months old.

All you do is to go to the town hall, ask them to PRINT out a new copy which will have today's date on it. Pay the money (only 1euro for us here), and that's it!
Old Oct 29th 2010, 8:02 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

I'm told that the padron lasts for 3mths & you need to renew it. I'm not aware that you have to pay to apply for one. Isn't padron free?
Old Oct 29th 2010, 8:43 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The entry on the padron is free and doesn't normally need to be renewed.

If you want a certificate to prove that you are on the padron you can get one and there is usually a small charge.

The certificate does not have an expiry date but depending on who is asking to see it, they may insist that it is a recent one - typically 3 months.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 7:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
The entry on the padron is free and doesn't normally need to be renewed.

If you want a certificate to prove that you are on the padron you can get one and there is usually a small charge.

The certificate does not have an expiry date but depending on who is asking to see it, they may insist that it is a recent one - typically 3 months.
That is what I thought Fred, but now according to the Benalmadena council booklet, "Following guidelines used by the INE, registration on the Padron has to be confirmed every two years" "Those who do not will be removed from the padron and can lose the benefits of being on the padron ie. discounts on local taxes, voting rights etc."
It then goes on to give places where it can be re confirmed on production of your passport and residency certificate.
Mind you I renewed my certificate recently and they never mentioned about the need to re-confirm the padron.
Life in Spain is sooo easy.
Old Oct 29th 2010, 8:48 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
That is what I thought Fred, but now according to the Benalmadena council booklet, "Following guidelines used by the INE, registration on the Padron has to be confirmed every two years" "Those who do not will be removed from the padron and can lose the benefits of being on the padron ie. discounts on local taxes, voting rights etc."
It then goes on to give places where it can be re confirmed on production of your passport and residency certificate.
Mind you I renewed my certificate recently and they never mentioned about the need to re-confirm the padron.
Life in Spain is sooo easy.
Benalmadena is one of the few councils that give any benefits to residents such as the reduction in IBI.

For that reason it may well be that they insist on re-registration every two years.