Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Residentia

Spanish Residentia

Old Oct 9th 2010, 10:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Residentia

[QUOTE=Lenox;8907750]Well, you need it to get on the padrón - which you need for various reasons: buying a car and so on.QUOTE]

I have read a few times on this forum that you need to be on the padron to buy a car. This is NOT the case. I have bought 2 cars from 2 different dealers over the past 5 yrs. All I have needed is my passport for ID, my NIE number and a utility bill to confirm my address. + the cash.
Old Oct 10th 2010, 12:23 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=big wheels;8907890]
Originally Posted by Lenox
Well, you need it to get on the padrón - which you need for various reasons: buying a car and so on.QUOTE]

I have read a few times on this forum that you need to be on the padron to buy a car. This is NOT the case. I have bought 2 cars from 2 different dealers over the past 5 yrs. All I have needed is my passport for ID, my NIE number and a utility bill to confirm my address. + the cash.
I needed, NIE, residencia, padron, cash, and they had to check my UK licence to get my new moto on the road here a few weeks ago, so maybe things are changing.
I bought a car with just an NIE and cash a few years ago.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jdr;8908789]
Originally Posted by big wheels

I needed, NIE, residencia, padron, cash, and they had to check my UK licence to get my new moto on the road here a few weeks ago, so maybe things are changing.
I bought a car with just an NIE and cash a few years ago.
About time they started to tighten up on the rules for residentia, if all ex-pats registered and also put their name on the padron there would be more money allocated to local councils and health centres,... the amount they get is based on the number of registered residents in their area.

So next time we are all complaining about the holes that are still in our roads after the winter.....blame the lack of money on the (mostly) Brits who are not on the register!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:16 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=megmet;8942157]
Originally Posted by jdr

About time they started to tighten up on the rules for residentia, if all ex-pats registered and also put their name on the padron there would be more money allocated to local councils and health centres,... the amount they get is based on the number of registered residents in their area.

So next time we are all complaining about the holes that are still in our roads after the winter.....blame the lack of money on the (mostly) Brits who are not on the register!
... it's nothing to do with the register, it's the padron that counts!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 6:25 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

I was just about to say that

and I tidied up the quotes

was it that JLFS again???
Old Oct 26th 2010, 12:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
I was just about to say that

and I tidied up the quotes

was it that JLFS again???
No, big wheels this time. lol
Old Oct 26th 2010, 1:11 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lenox
Well, you need it to get on the padrón -
Not where we live, or when we lived in Torrevieja ( several years ago I add )
In fact, we have never needed it for any thing.
Certainly not for vehicle purchases & we have done a few over the years
We have NIE's are on the padron, pay all the taxes going (self employed) & not been asked for it once.
Guess it's another thing that various from place to place.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 3:11 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grebo
Not where we live, or when we lived in Torrevieja ( several years ago I add )
In fact, we have never needed it for any thing.
Certainly not for vehicle purchases & we have done a few over the years
We have NIE's are on the padron, pay all the taxes going (self employed) & not been asked for it once.
Guess it's another thing that various from place to place.
But as stated, the more people on the padron the more funds the town hall get ... so by not being on it your local services are being short changed.

I couldn't register a car in my name without having an up to date certificate. I couldnt sign on at the local doctors without one.

Registering on the foreigners list (residencia) is of course a legal requirement here
Old Oct 26th 2010, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spanish Residentia

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
But as stated, the more people on the padron the more funds the town hall get ... so by not being on it your local services are being short changed.

I couldn't register a car in my name without having an up to date certificate. I couldnt sign on at the local doctors without one.

Registering on the foreigners list (residencia) is of course a legal requirement here
I have just registered as a tax resident and I was gobsmacked to be asked for my Padron as well as the Modelo 030. My copy is 4 yrs old and they accepted it a the local Hacienda so one never ceases to be amazed.
Old Oct 26th 2010, 10:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=snikpoh;8942524]
Originally Posted by megmet

Note that I said...."put their names on the Padron".
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:00 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy

We are talking about the certificate of residencia not the padron

Arn't we
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

i understood that if u have your residencia it goes in your favour when it comes to selling your house . apparently you pay less tax! have i been misinformed??
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spanish Residentia

Originally Posted by angie mccready
i understood that if u have your residencia it goes in your favour when it comes to selling your house . apparently you pay less tax! have i been misinformed??
Yes it is being Tax registered that counts and for that you need to have completed the Modelo 030 and of course paid any income tax due.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:11 am
Forum Regular

angie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really niceangie mccready is just really nice

whats the modelo 030?, i have residencia but i cant say iv heard of that!
Old Oct 27th 2010, 9:12 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I always get frightened by these legal threads and it made me check my documents. Most things appear to be out of date, including my residencia.

So, here we go again, I’ve downloaded some forms, collected some more from the police station and the form filling has commenced. The queuing is about to start all over again and I can’t find my escritura for the padron, I know I’ve hidden it but have forgotten where.

When I collected the forms from the foreigners office it was full of dodgy looking Moroccans and Chinese. Oh, what fun!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.