Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Residencia - please help

Spanish Residencia - please help

Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Spanish Residencia - please help

Originally Posted by Mercedes
She put the phone down on me once when I asked her if I needed an appointment, so I rang back and she ignored it and so I redialled again and she picked it up. I restarted my question and she shouted I'VE ALREADY TOLD YOU READ THE WEBSITE, YOU'VE RUNG ME 3 TIMES RANT, RANT, RANT

I said 'well if you hadn't put the phone down and then ignored me ringing back I wouldn't have rung you 3 times would I'.

She hurumphed very loudly and (forgive me) I said 'In England, when someone rings a reception point with an enquiry, we don't shout at them or put the phone down, we help them and I think you should do that...
whereupon she hurmphed again....

I said, 'you really are a very rude person....'

...and she put the phone down!!!!! So I think she's one person who never needed bitch training, she was born like it. And unfortunately many who ring the consulate have to get past her first. She's the same to spanish enquirers too, she was really horrible to my sister's friend who is spanish, in fact she's the person who warned me I might come across her.

Which is a shame, because all the other staff are so helpful. Even the Consul who signs the power of attornies and wears all the big mayoral chain type stuff, and as the man with all the power could be forgiven if he seemed like he didn't have time to deal with plebs like us, was absolutely lovely. Explained what all the paperwork meant, what we were signing etc. And then said, oh Chiclana eh? Which bit are you buying in, I have a holiday house in Roche myself. We said, no we can't afford Roche, out of our range, but nearby.

He told us how much he loves it there, how lovely it is in the quiet season and hoped we'd enjoy it too. Lovely man. Not a bit full of himself.

It's bad because the Consulate is there to help and if you get this bitch of a woman it just puts you off ever ringing again.
Maybe she hates the job, or had too many rude people in the past or her husband traded her in for another woman. Get some one probably better a male (though you never know lol) with a sexy voice and a good flirt to ring her, you never know, she may have a nice side to her when a bit of charm is used on her.
[/QUOTE]

There was a drop dead gorgeous guy in the queue when we went to fill in our NIE forms and he said she was a complete cow to him when he went the previous week (on his own) to sort something out. And he was a sex-god!!! and very charming...if I hadn't been with my husband (but he was also with his wife!!!)

So I guess to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she's had a tough life or lots of rude people... or maybe she is just a complete cow after all.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyp
Maybe she hates the job, or had too many rude people in the past or her husband traded her in for another woman. Get some one probably better a male (though you never know lol) with a sexy voice and a good flirt to ring her, you never know, she may have a nice side to her when a bit of charm is used on her.
There was a drop dead gorgeous guy in the queue when we went to fill in our NIE forms and he said she was a complete cow to him when he went the previous week (on his own) to sort something out. And he was a sex-god!!! and very charming...if I hadn't been with my husband (but he was also with his wife!!!)

So I guess to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she's had a tough life or lots of rude people... or maybe she is just a complete cow after all. [/QUOTE]

Well a friend of mine (spanish) runs a hotel on the Coast and ask him what he thinks generally of the Brits and its not a high opinion, mainly because he's seen the downside of having to deal with the yob brigade. If she has been dealing with some of the xpats I've seen around and some of their rudeness, can't say I'd blame her for not liking us. I'm a Brit and I don't like some of them either, some of them definitely need a bullet in the head to do the world a favour.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Mercedes

So I guess to give her the benefit of the doubt, maybe she's had a tough life or lots of rude people... or maybe she is just a complete cow after all.
Well a friend of mine (spanish) runs a hotel on the Coast and ask him what he thinks generally of the Brits and its not a high opinion, mainly because he's seen the downside of having to deal with the yob brigade. If she has been dealing with some of the xpats I've seen around and some of their rudeness, can't say I'd blame her for not liking us. I'm a Brit and I don't like some of them either, some of them definitely need a bullet in the head to do the world a favour.
[/QUOTE]

Got it in one! that's exactly the reason why we want to do a runner from the UK and also why we have bought in Chiclana. The laws over here seem to be gradually becoming more in favour of the aggressor than the victim and it's creating a society of people for whom aggression is the way forward. The more well known Costas have too many of just the sort of people we want to avoid. (Sorry I don't mean to tar all with the same brush, but the UK lager lout crowd are alive and well in many parts of spain and I just don't want to spend the rest of my life with them). Of course I like a drink and very partial to lager myself (got my tinnie of lager on the go right now, but it doesn't make me want to go and pick a fight with the nearest person....). I might be looking with rose coloured specs but at the moment, the further I can be from those kind of Brits, the better, and I'm hoping that we can be happy in Costa de la luz.

So you might be right about Mrs Rude - but there is no need to treat all of us that way - I was very polite, almost to the point of grovelling, and she was rude from the word off, and in the end, I told her what I thought of her. As if she cared.
Old Jan 15th 2005, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cindyp
Got it in one! that's exactly the reason why we want to do a runner from the UK and also why we have bought in Chiclana. The laws over here seem to be gradually becoming more in favour of the aggressor than the victim and it's creating a society of people for whom aggression is the way forward. The more well known Costas have too many of just the sort of people we want to avoid. (Sorry I don't mean to tar all with the same brush, but the UK lager lout crowd are alive and well in many parts of spain and I just don't want to spend the rest of my life with them). Of course I like a drink and very partial to lager myself (got my tinnie of lager on the go right now, but it doesn't make me want to go and pick a fight with the nearest person....). I might be looking with rose coloured specs but at the moment, the further I can be from those kind of Brits, the better, and I'm hoping that we can be happy in Costa de la luz.

So you might be right about Mrs Rude - but there is no need to treat all of us that way - I was very polite, almost to the point of grovelling, and she was rude from the word off, and in the end, I told her what I thought of her. As if she cared.[/QUOTE]

Well hopefully you will be happy there anyway I looked at the area, but I need to be near an airport as I commute every couple of weeks and sometimes everyweek, so airports are an essential thing to where I live. I live in a spanish community and like it much better and generally mostly go spanish on most things. Send Mrs Rude some laxative chocolates,