Reload this Page >

spanish postal deliveries

spanish postal deliveries

Old Oct 3rd 2016, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

C3dne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default spanish postal deliveries

Hi all,
Has anyone come across this before? I am disabled and live on 7th floor block of flats. All my shopping is done by internet as have difficulty walking.
First time in years, a parcel was being delivered by local correos postperson. Entrance phone rang saying parcel for me, can I come down and collect it?
Said sorry bit no as I am disable. She said company rules forbade her from delivering to 7th floor, 5th floor was maximum. I replied that if she was prepared to wait about 20 minutes I could get ready and come down to ground floor or meet her at 5th floor.
there is a working lift and all other deliverers, supermarkets, DHL, MRW, SEUR and many others deliver without question.
Does anyone know if the postperson is correct in what she says or does this rule refer to buildings with no lift and she has misinterpreded it.
I look forward to receiving replies and observations.
David
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: spanish postal deliveries

Originally Posted by C3dne
Hi all,
Has anyone come across this before? I am disabled and live on 7th floor block of flats. All my shopping is done by internet as have difficulty walking.
First time in years, a parcel was being delivered by local correos postperson. Entrance phone rang saying parcel for me, can I come down and collect it?
Said sorry bit no as I am disable. She said company rules forbade her from delivering to 7th floor, 5th floor was maximum. I replied that if she was prepared to wait about 20 minutes I could get ready and come down to ground floor or meet her at 5th floor.
there is a working lift and all other deliverers, supermarkets, DHL, MRW, SEUR and many others deliver without question.
Does anyone know if the postperson is correct in what she says or does this rule refer to buildings with no lift and she has misinterpreded it.
David
Hi David,

We've had several deliveries by Correos to us on the 12th floor without any problems.

Steve
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Countryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this pointCountryboy1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does "Jobs worth" translate?
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 2:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tebo53
Hi David,

We've had several deliveries by Correos to us on the 12th floor without any problems.

Steve
Correos actually charge for packages for home deliveries above a certain size, they have a table of special prices. Charges, in theory start from 500 gms and above up to 10 kgs, then up to 20kgs. I believe it is a service paid by the receipent .
Old Oct 3rd 2016, 3:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
David
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Oct 4th 2016, 8:47 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
Hi David,

Steve
thank you Steve, in my other properties in past above 5 floors in other towns never encountered this issue.
David
Old Oct 4th 2016, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Biffta
Does "Jobs worth" translate?
Haha dont know Biffta but spot on
Old Oct 4th 2016, 8:51 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Hi Rosemary,
Appreciated thank you, already enjoying site and responses.
David
Old Oct 4th 2016, 9:06 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,
David
Alternatively she may be terrified of lifts so the 5th floor rule may then apply. I have a friend who will not use lifts under any circumstances or I would not have even thought of this being a factor.

Rosemary
Old Oct 4th 2016, 2:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes heath and safety rules are made up as people go along, certainly happens in the UK all the time, think on a different day with a different person or even the same person you may have got a different outcome
Old Oct 4th 2016, 3:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Try asking the neighbours to see if they have had similar experiences. I would be surprised if this was a genuine rule given the amount of apartments blocks in Spain with over 5 floors.