Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish pension

Spanish pension

Old Nov 6th 2018, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish pension

You expect to get a Spanish pension of 950€ based on only 15 years contributions - good luck with that.!!

UK system will pay a reduced pension even for 35 years NI contributions if any of the years are not full - ie contracted out etc.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

It will depend for the UK system as to whether you were in a contracted out pension or not as to amount you will get. For instance I have 43 years contributions but will not get as Duncan Smith lead all to believe the flat rate £155+ or whatever per week. That is because 40 of those years are military and police contributions so contracted out. That means I simply get the equivlant of state pension before this new one came in which is around £120 or so a week before tax. It is not straight forward 35 years contributions full state pension, you need to know if you were contracted out for any years. Extra years over 35 count for nothing.
Old Nov 6th 2018, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I fully agree with the women caught in the UK state pension trap (expecting to be paid out at 60, but age limits have gone up) that they have been conned and cheated out of 1,000s I was amazed at how many (according to BBC news) who failed to know the rules had been changing (over many years)

If you are waiting for a UK state pension I suggest you check out your entitlement here https://www.tax.service.gov.uk/check-your-state-pension
Old Nov 6th 2018, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Whilst I fully agree with the women caught in the UK state pension trap (expecting to be paid out at 60, but age limits have gone up) that they have been conned and cheated out of 1,000s I was amazed at how many (according to BBC news) who failed to know the rules had been changing (over many years)
my understanding re this change Spainrico is that it first came about in a little known change under the 1995 pensions Act. Most women were totally unaware until around 2005/7ish when I believe Gordon Brown as Chancellor announced that womens pensions would be brought in line with mens re age. Most were never sent letters informing that their pension age would in fact change. I believe that an ex pensions minister of the time has actually stated this? Then in 2011 Osborne both accelerated the time frame of change and indeed increased the age for some. Basically many women who thought they were very close to drawing their pension found it increased by up to 6 years. My wife was one of them basically she has lost over £40,000 pounds of pension. One does have to wonder how the government would deal with a private pension company that contracted to pay out on X date and simply very near the end of the contracted term added 6 years on effectively stealing up to £40,000 thousand pound of the beneficiaries.
Old Nov 21st 2018, 10:54 am
Just Joined

compaid is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spanish pension Pro Rata Pensions

Whilst still under the EU your pension contributions can all add up to bring you over a qualifying years in each country. e.g. 30 years worked in UK, 5 in Spain. The UK years bring you over the Spanish threshold so you can apply for a Pro Rata pension on your 5 years in Spain. Other Pension claimed in UK.

Don't throw away your pension years. Its a little known fact that you can do this.

Spanish form Pension de Jubilacion
xxxx://www.seg-social.es/wps/portal/wss/internet/Pensionistas/Servicios/34887/40968/34888