Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Newspapers and Magazines

Spanish Newspapers and Magazines

Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Spanish Newspapers and Magazines

Evening everyone,

I am currently learning Spanish part time at University but I am finding the provided learning materials a little tedious. Although I am only at a very basic level I believe that I will be able to learn better if I am reading about things that I enjoy.

I am therefore looking for some Newspapers/ Magazines in Spanish to help me with my learning. The university does provide a range of old newspapers and magazines but we are not able to take them home to read.

I have had a look on eBay but there appears to be very slim pickings. The best I could find was a copy of GQ in Spanish for about a tenner:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/JENNIFER-ANIST...QQcmdZViewItem

Also if you look at the pictures the article with Jennifer Aniston appears to be in English.

I am therefore putting out a request for some Spanish Magazines and Newspapers.

I don't know if this is within the forum rules but I was thinking that if somebody could send me some from Spain it would be cheaper to buy them than off eBay.

Now obviously this requires a great deal of trust on my part as I would be willing to pay up front for the magazines. I would cover all of the associated costs such as the material itself, the packaging and the postage. I would also be willing to pay a few £'s for the inconvenience caused, however as I am a student I'm afraid that I cannot pay big bucks.

I would be most interested in a selection of newspapers, car magazines and general men's magazines. I would also like a Spanish TV guide.

If there is anybody out there in Spain who is willing to be of some help it would be appreciated. I can pay by PayPal and am flexible about the timeframe etc.

Please drop me a PM so that we can discuss things further.

Many Thanks

Mark

Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:06 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Newspapers and Magazines

Cheaper still to read 'em online? eg http://www.micoche.com/
Old Mar 17th 2008, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

mark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of lightmark_sheffield is a glorious beacon of light

Cheaper still to read 'em online? eg http://www.micoche.com/
I spend enough time during the day sat in front of a computer screen at work and at Uni.

I would like to be able to sit down with a paper copy and read in my leisure time.

Thank you for the link though.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:14 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I did spanish at Sheff University many moons ago and their resource library was excellent. Would think most people on here will read the news online.
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Olmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to all

To please a "The Guardian" reader http://www.elpais.com/global/
To please a "Daily Telegraph" reader http://www.libertaddigital.com/
In between the Independent and the Times http://www.elmundo.es/
The most read in Spain: a daily sport paper, well, mostly football, and ridiculously Real Madrid friendly http://www.marca.com/
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

lcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud oflcortez has much to be proud of

WHSmith sell !HOLA! magazine, and El Mundo
Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Olmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to allOlmos is a name known to all

Icortez, I just can find El Pais in London (only el Mundo in airports). I have to check WHSmith, then.

I have found even "Semana" in Bayswater. WTF
Old Mar 17th 2008, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

cafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant futurecafeconleche has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Olmos
Icortez, I just can find El Pais in London (only el Mundo in airports). I have to check WHSmith, then.

I have found even "Semana" in Bayswater. WTF
Borders sell spanish mags and newspapers as well.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 12:12 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

el Jueves is a good read.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Hmm..

Borders sell spanish mags and newspapers as well.
Just a shame there isn't one near to me (unless I went specially to Leeds )

I will try and have a look during my lunch hour tomorow. Is HOLA the Spanish version of HELLO by any chance?

Still no takers to send me some out from Spain? Anyone?
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:57 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

If you are interested, I'm in Royston at the moment, and you can have some of my old el Jueves, as long as you pay the P&P and don't mind scribbled annotations on them. Plus I have a few others, possibly a couple of National Geographics too.
Old Mar 18th 2008, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Cielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant futureCielito Lindo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by mark_sheffield
Hmm..

Is HOLA the Spanish version of HELLO by any chance?
Yep, it sure is! My Spanish hubby is addicted to it but I never know who anyone is!
Old Mar 18th 2008, 8:28 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Hmm..

Is HOLA the Spanish version of HELLO by any chance?
I thought Hello was the UK version of Hola!!
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

Just a quick update.

I had a look in WHSmiths during my lunch break today and they said that they did not sell any Spanish Newspaper/ magazines. (Had to queue for 15 mins to find out)

However a couple of people have contacted me to help me out so I should be sorted now.

I will be post back to let you know how I get on.

Once again many thanks to those you have PM'd me (especially to the person who offered to waiver the postage for me - a true star! )

Mark

Last edited by mark_sheffield; Mar 19th 2008 at 1:11 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

madcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud ofmadcarole has much to be proud of

Just a quick update.

I had a look in WHSmiths during my lunch break today and they said that they did not sell any Spanish Newspaper/ magazines. (Had to queue for 15 mins to find out)

However a couple of people have contacted me to help me out so I should be sorted now.

I will be post back to let you know how I get on.

Once again many thanks to those you have PM'd me (especially to the person who offered to waiver the postage for me - a true star! )

Mark

smiths and other sellers of books magazines and newspaper will order these for you

carole

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.