Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish nationality - proof of income

Spanish nationality - proof of income

Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:04 am
Just Joined

sakany123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish nationality - proof of income

I understand you can be refused citizenship if your declared income is insufficient. Has this happened to anyone? The British pension is very small. Do you need to provide proof of income when making your application? Do they check your bank account, tax declaration etc?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish nationality - proof of income

Originally Posted by sakany123
I understand you can be refused citizenship if your declared income is insufficient. Has this happened to anyone? The British pension is very small. Do you need to provide proof of income when making your application? Do they check your bank account, tax declaration etc?
Do you mean Citizenship or applying to become a resident?
You will need to have sufficient income so you do not become a burden on the state. You will need to prove that you have sufficient income by providing proof from your Spanish bank by way of bank statements showing regular income. Or if you can prove you have substantial savings and a valid credit card. I don't think they would actually check your account as it is up to you to satisfy them regarding paperwork.