Reload this Page >

Spanish mattress sizes anybody?

Spanish mattress sizes anybody?

Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Peter Squires is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish mattress sizes anybody?

Hello again,

Am moving in to Muro in January after only staying in our house a couple of nights after buying it.

As my feet were hanging out of the bed (cold in November too) I measured the mattress which was 1.8 mtrs long. On getting back in the UK I measured ours here and they are 1.9 mtrs long.

Not sure if the mattresses in Spain were just old, or if that is the standard length over there?

Anybody any suggestions please (except making myself shorter)

Thanks,

Peter
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish mattress sizes anybody?

Originally Posted by Peter Squires
Hello again,

Am moving in to Muro in January after only staying in our house a couple of nights after buying it.

As my feet were hanging out of the bed (cold in November too) I measured the mattress which was 1.8 mtrs long. On getting back in the UK I measured ours here and they are 1.9 mtrs long.

Not sure if the mattresses in Spain were just old, or if that is the standard length over there?

Anybody any suggestions please (except making myself shorter)

Thanks,

Peter
When we ordered ours, we were asked what size we wanted, but that was from a small local shop. They didn't point out that what we wanted was unusual.
Maybe you can change them?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 2:25 pm
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

1.9m is normal here. by 90, 135(I think), 150, 160.
Also bed frames are usually pretty cheap.
Either try & change them from whence they came or replace them.
In the mean time you could get a lump of board to make the base bigger & wedge a piece of foam in up at the head end. If you have a fitted sheet it should stay in place.
We couldn't find a base we liked so bought from Ikea. it's 160 x 200m
IMOP If 180 is to short you would probably be better of with 2m as 10cm on the end ain't much difference.
Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Grebo
Also bed frames are usually pretty cheap.
Either try & change them from whence they came or replace them.
In the mean time you could get a lump of board to make the base bigger & wedge a piece of foam in up at the head end. If you have a fitted sheet it should stay in place.
We couldn't find a base we liked so bought from Ikea. it's 160 x 200m
IMOP If 180 is to short you would probably be better of with 2m as 10cm on the end ain't much difference.
Thank you both for your replies. Didnt want to march into a bed shop armed with a tape measure, if longer were not available. Ordering of new ones now on my list for January!

Thanks,

Peter
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

....and the widths are a bit on the skimpy side too, don't you think? Friendly, of course, but we had a 6ft x 6ft in UK so it's a bit of a change! ...and then of course there are the pillows. Sizing not obvious, cost astronomical!
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

What size will that be considered (ie, double, queen, etc.)? Isn't it a standard to call it double, queen or single bed when you buy a bed in Spain?
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by fionamw
....and the widths are a bit on the skimpy side too, don't you think? Friendly, of course, but we had a 6ft x 6ft in UK so it's a bit of a change! ...and then of course there are the pillows. Sizing not obvious, cost astronomical!
6' x 6' ? Sounds like grounds for a divorce

Peter
Old Dec 8th 2008, 4:28 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

well if fit the 5,8 blond female down road , its fine for me
Old Dec 8th 2008, 6:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter Squires
6' x 6' ? Sounds like grounds for a divorce

Peter

If I could get him up the aisle, I'd agree
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:35 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fionamw
If I could get him up the aisle, I'd agree
will you have him in the bed how hard is it ! to get up the aisle
Old Dec 8th 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
, Isn't it a standard to call it double, queen or single bed when you buy a bed in Spain?
Afraid not. just ask the supplier what is the biggest size they do. Plus be prepared to be quoted a price for every item eg, Base, sides, footboard, headboard, legs and of course the mattress.

Last edited by big wheels; Dec 8th 2008 at 10:54 pm.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

ForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to allForHotspot is a name known to all

Originally Posted by big wheels
Afraid not. just ask the supplier what is the biggest size they do. Plus be prepared to be quoted a price for every item eg, Base, sides, footboard, headboard, legs and of course the mattress.
Thanks for telling me as I assume that it is common everywhere that you get the standard single, double, queen or king size beds.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 8:32 am
I believe.

Grebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud ofGrebo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ForHotspot
Thanks for telling me as I assume that it is common everywhere that you get the standard single, double, queen or king size beds.
I just go on sizes not names, that could get even more confusing

Hey shop with your tape measure, I do all the time, then you know what your getting, labels can tell lies.

Last edited by Grebo; Dec 9th 2008 at 8:34 am.
Old Dec 9th 2008, 11:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I just go on sizes not names, that could get even more confusing

Hey shop with your tape measure, I do all the time, then you know what your getting, labels can tell lies.
I wondered why my new trousers were a bit tight round the waist. ;-))
Old Dec 9th 2008, 12:03 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I wondered why my new trousers were a bit tight round the waist. ;-))
don't get me started on clothes sizes!!

I always shop with a tape measure!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.