Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish lessons in the Costa Del Sol

Spanish lessons in the Costa Del Sol

Old May 8th 2011, 10:42 pm
Banned

porcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant futureporcelainwhite has a brilliant future
Default Spanish lessons in the Costa Del Sol

Does anyone know any good courses in the Costa Del Sol area to learn Spanish intensively? Preferably with a payment plan? I've looked at a course at Marbella University but it costs just under 2000 euros for a 3 month course and unfortunately that's not something I can afford outright, does anyone know any courses where you can pay a certain amount per month?

Thanks.
Old May 9th 2011, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish lessons in the Costa Del Sol

Try asking at the Town Halls, some of the coastal towns run free language courses for residents.
Old May 9th 2011, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

See if there are any groups locally where people meet up and exchange languages they do have a proper name but can not remember it, , good way to make freinds as well
Old May 9th 2011, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

marqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to allmarqueemoon is a name known to all

There must be a lot of schools around but I can only comment on one. The Escuela de Idiomas in Nerja http://www.idnerja.es is really good, but might not be in the part of the Costa Del Sol that you want. It isn't cheap either, but I can certainly say that it is worth the expense having studied there myself
Old May 9th 2011, 5:56 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

While trying to find a course, you could learn a few masculine and femine verbs.

The femine ones end in AR.

And the masculine ones end in ER and IR

VER as in the TV, limpiar, planchar, comer, fregar, lavar, beber, cocinar, j*der,
cuidar, dormir. preperar, conducir.

As you can see they can be sorted into the 2 colums masc. and fem.

Old May 9th 2011, 6:24 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
While trying to find a course, you could learn a few masculine and femine verbs.

The femine ones end in AR.

And the masculine ones end in ER and IR

VER as in the TV, limpiar, planchar, comer, fregar, lavar, beber, cocinar, j*der,
cuidar, dormir. preperar, conducir.

As you can see they can be sorted into the 2 colums masc. and fem.

naughty naughty!

don't forget the nouns - EL aseo - & my favourite EL problema
Old May 9th 2011, 6:33 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
naughty naughty!

don't forget the nouns - EL aseo - & my favourite EL problema
PROBLEMA, I prefer the Arnie version NO PROBLEMO, infact I used to say that myself in the UK, and loads of English do say it in Spain, I hear it quite often.

I would argue that problema is a feminine word though forget the EL, it cannot possibly be masculine....
Old May 9th 2011, 6:35 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

PROBLEMA, I prefer the Arnie version NO PROBLEMO, infact I used to say that myself in the UK, and loads of English do say it in Spain, I hear it quite often.

I would argue that problema is a feminine word though forget the EL, it cannot possibly be masculine....
nah - can't do that

every problem I've ever come across was male
Old May 9th 2011, 6:49 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by lynnxa
nah - can't do that

every problem I've ever come across was male

I am beginning to see a pattern forming,

forms of transport;

El coche, el avion, el tren, etc, y La bicicleta and I think that Pierna is feminine too.
Old May 9th 2011, 7:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

I am beginning to see a pattern forming,

forms of transport;

El coche, el avion, el tren, etc, y La bicicleta and I think that Pierna is feminine too.
la bicicleta because we can multi-task - getting exercise at the same time as moving from place to place carrying the shopping

my last word on the subject before we get in trouble - a joke one of my students sent me -an oldie but a goodie

Old May 10th 2011, 11:30 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 12th 2011, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marqueemoon
There must be a lot of schools around but I can only comment on one. The Escuela de Idiomas in Nerja http://www.idnerja.es is really good, but might not be in the part of the Costa Del Sol that you want. It isn't cheap either, but I can certainly say that it is worth the expense having studied there myself
I spent a few weeks there quite a few years ago and also found it good, even stayed in their accommodation once, no complaints at all.