Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Golf Apartment (purchase advice)

Spanish Golf Apartment (purchase advice)

Old Aug 8th 2019, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Golf Apartment (purchase advice)

Originally Posted by AdiosAmigo
I have visited Costa Del Sol to play golf on a number of occasions and love it. The problem I have is I need to find somewhere which has good tourism as it is a holiday home ie quiet bars and restaurants but without the 'high rise' benidorm feel and look. I will research Cabopino although may be expensive as very close to Marbs ??

Thanks
Cabopino has a Marbella post code which may influence price. Further along the coast beyond Estepona - La Duquesa well-worth a look, not to far to La Cañada a top but inexpensive course . Also Doña Julia and of course Vale Romana. Estepona itself the golf course not bad
Old Aug 8th 2019, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

AdiosAmigo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Cabopino has a Marbella post code which may influence price. Further along the coast beyond Estepona - La Duquesa well-worth a look, not to far to La Cañada a top but inexpensive course . Also Doña Julia and of course Vale Romana. Estepona itself the golf course not bad
I absolutely love La Cala Golf its an absolutely amazing place but unfortunately La Cala town doesn't float my boat, well when I say that I mean I don't visit and think, I could live here or holiday here for the rest of my days. I have not heard of La Canada Golf so will check it out. I guess a holiday home could easily progress to moving out full time if everything goes well ??!!
Old Aug 8th 2019, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

I absolutely love La Cala Golf its an absolutely amazing place but unfortunately La Cala town doesn't float my boat, well when I say that I mean I don't visit and think, I could live here or holiday here for the rest of my days. I have not heard of La Canada Golf so will check it out. I guess a holiday home could easily progress to moving out full time if everything goes well ??!!
THE CLUB

Guadiaro very Spanish, small town. Only problem a long way from Malaga airport and Gib flights not that good.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 5:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

One other thought , very popular with established Expats is El Paraiso , good residential area, loads of amenities nearby and properties less expensive than Marbella
https://elparaisogolf.com
Old Aug 14th 2019, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spanish Golf Apartment (purchase advice)

Thank you Lynn and thank you Moses, you have both been very helpful.

Can I ask you two further questions before I go away and further research what you have kindly told me......

In what area of Spain have you both bought and why ?? Also if I was to say I am not a lover of the 'High Rise' areas of Spain and like the more traditional areas of Spain, what area would you suggest I look ?? Costa Blanca ? Costa Colida ?

Thank you again.
try moraira, lovely town costa blanca, no high rise plenty of golf,busy in the summer not so winter
Old Feb 16th 2020, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

ElizaJane is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you narrow down your search? I’m just starting to look at where I would like to move to. The only place I’ve visited so far is Costa Esuri, Nr Ayamonte. The golf course has recently been bought by another club so no longer looking so neglected. It’s on the cheaper end with lots of plots still to be built on but seems to have a golf community feel. I’d be interested to know of any places you’ve found.

Last edited by ElizaJane; Feb 16th 2020 at 2:39 pm.
Old Feb 19th 2020, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

Be happy is an unknown quantity at this point

i think it’s hard to get opinions of where would be good for you location wise as we all have different preferences. Might help if you say why La Cala is not for you and we can help guide you in regards to nearby towns.
Ive been to costa del sol about 30 times in last few years as we have an apartment in Puerto Banus but we walk into marbella or San Pedro every day and know all the towns well as we like to explore.
Ive actually grew really fond of La Cala as to me it feels more Spanish than down Puerto Banus and near airport, less touristy plus beach is stunning. Having said that we love la Cala golf so might buy up there but defo moving out permanently this year to that locale.
good luck 😎