Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Gardens...........

Spanish Gardens...........

Old Mar 13th 2006, 5:23 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Spanish Gardens...........

Originally Posted by Arco-Iris
oooo, done it......that was last April - more refinements since.....
Now Iris stop showing off or I shall ban you from posting on my thread!! It looks beautiful and anytime you get bored with yours I have a great patch of virgin loam with nowt but a few trees gasping for a keen gardener to come and force it to surrender......
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by susique
Well done, your garden looks lovely.

Now, how did you get the photos on to the forum please?
This is one explanation from the Ayamonte thread - thanks Un-expat...

"First get your photo/image in jpg format, as this is the best of the compressed formats to attach for hi-colour photos.

Ideally, your file should be no larger than around 150 to 250 Kilobytes in size, to avoid slow loading for those with slower connections.

If you can't get a jpg format file, or the file is too big, you will have to convert, or reduce, it using one of the many utilities that can be downloaded on the net. However, most digital cameras (assuming you're not scanning in paper photos) come with software that is capable of doing the necessary preparation. If you need some pointers here, post again, with more details of what you're using/have.

Assuming that you have a suitable jpg format file somewhere on your machine, create a post, type your message and then hit the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Additional Options" part of the "Create Post/Reply" message section.

Next hit one of the "Browse" buttons that comes up on the pop-up window that was invoked with "Manage Attachments" and navigate to your file on your machine's local disks. Select the file and then hit the "Upload" button on the same window. Wait for the files to upload (copy) from your machine to this forum's server and then finalise and submit your post.

That's pretty much it."
Add to Unexpat's Reputation Report Bad Post
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road

Trying like a demented one to upload pictures of gravel garden and getting befuddled....

Have I achieved it??
Your garden is beautiful. I think I will be pestering you when I am starting mine.

Where do you think the best place is to get pots (Chiclana area)?
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Nice pics, but you didn`t keep the size down For the sake of those with slow connections.

Resize is easy with this freebie click here
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:47 pm
Forum Regular

Arco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond reputeArco-Iris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Nice pics, but you didn`t keep the size down For the sake of those with slow connections.

Resize is easy with this freebie click here

So sorry, jdr: tried to download the freebie re-sizer but it's for Internet Explorer and I run Firefox. I'll have to do it in photoshop or something, unless you have another suggestion.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NicCol
Your garden is beautiful. I think I will be pestering you when I am starting mine.

Where do you think the best place is to get pots (Chiclana area)?

Thankyou all for your feedback - makes the slog worthwhile.

As for pots, there are so many good places to choose from, depending on whether you want plain, ornate, big'uns, small'uns. The small vivero I mentioned above was cheap and they do them, a ceramic place at El Colorado used to have a huge variety, cheap and the one Susique mentioned to get lime trees have some beauties.

Here is a massive one from El Fiacre on the way to Conil and later when it was mosaiced with lizards. Apologies for the size.
Attached Thumbnails Spanish Gardens...........-new-cylindrical-pot.jpg   Spanish Gardens...........-morning-path-10-march06.jpg  
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:08 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry, jdr: tried to download the freebie re-sizer but it's for Internet Explorer and I run Firefox. I'll have to do it in photoshop or something, unless you have another suggestion.
If you are using Windows, the browser should be no problem. I use Opera and IE, but the program should still work in firefox. This is a qoute from the download website.....
All software here is fully functional, free to download, and should run on almost every Windows OS that is out there. The utilities are visually appealing, simple to use and to the point. No hassle with unnecessary complexities!
Old Mar 13th 2006, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

I use IRFANVIEW as my pic editor. It's downloadable for free and I believe is one of the most popular downloads in the world ! It's a very neat Viewer of all types of picture files as well as opening compressed music files like mp3.
http://www.irfanview.com/
The download file size is under 900kbs. About the same size as those 2 pictures above. :scared: Optimum size for pics sent by email or viewed on this type of web page is under 50 kbs. This is reduced in size as well as quality to 64 kbs using Irfanview.
Attached Thumbnails Spanish Gardens...........-morning-path-10-march06.jpg  

Last edited by Nige; Mar 13th 2006 at 9:10 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2006, 9:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by Nige
I use IRFANVIEW as my pic editor. It's downloadable for free and I believe is one of the most popular downloads in the world ! It's a very neat Viewer of all types of picture files as well as opening compressed music files like mp3.
http://www.irfanview.com/
The download file size is under 900kbs. About the same size as those 2 pictures above. :scared: Optimum size for pics sent by email or viewed on this type of web page is under 50 kbs. This is reduced in size as well as quality to 64 kbs using Irfanview.
I use irfanview also, and picasa2 but pixresizer is much easier and quicker to resize pics.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Nige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud ofNige has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
I use irfanview also, and picasa2 but pixresizer is much easier and quicker to resize pics.
We all have our own 'favourites' ! There are many different Picture Editors ! Even on Windows XP there is a simple Picture Editor that resizes for sending your pictures by email. An excellent built in resizer. (Look at Help and Support and "Working with photos and graphics" .) It does do the same job as Pixresizer and effectively.
I have used Irfanview for many years because it has many other functions apart from a simple resizer. Such as cropping a picture or further reduction of quality to make an even smaller file. And a great slide show function.
Old Mar 14th 2006, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Iris - Just had a thought (yes poollounger the first one this year!) Did you start a gardening blog? if that is you, it's definitely due an update
Old Mar 14th 2006, 2:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dazzle
Iris - Just had a thought (yes poollounger the first one this year!) Did you start a gardening blog? if that is you, it's definitely due an update

Yes I did last year and you're right, it's due an update. But in my usual bumbling idiot fashion in some areas, I've lost a lot of information in the process of changing computers. May have to start again. If you've time, Dazzle, can you pm me with how you accessed it?!