Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Electricity Bill - Iberdrola

Spanish Electricity Bill - Iberdrola

Old Jan 4th 2008, 10:18 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Electricity Bill - Iberdrola

Originally Posted by andyrich666
so Mitzy I dont think you can say it is as high in Spain as the UK
1800 units used
I'm not sure I did ...... but I do know I never paid the equivilent of €150 in the UK for a 4 bedroomed detached house for a month. Difference here is of course, I shouldn't need the heating on for such a long period every year
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

tallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nice

Originally Posted by brisca
"Can anyone tell me the current cost per Kwhour from Iberdrola"

It's almost 9 cents per kWh (we just round it up to 10 cents to make it easier to work potential costs out)
I heard on the radio this morning though, that gas and electric prices are going up - so it might be worth holding on for a little bit longer to see what the new rate is?
We had our meter read just before Christmas, so I'm sure the bill will be here tomorrow!
Received a bill from Iberdrola yesterday for a property we have on the coast
8.9868 cent€/kwh bill was dated 26th Dec
Old Jan 5th 2008, 9:16 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

All the prices can be found on the Endesa website here http://tinyurl.com/z2muh

Under "Hogar" select "Entrar" and then select "Legislacion Util"

You will get a list of all the tarifs and monthly charges for each type of contract.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

sortedtoo is an unknown quantity at this point

I have received these bills. Over this 6 month period, our villa has been used for approx 13 weeks. Pool pump is on for 3.5 hours a day. I have 1 water heater for a room which at most has been used for 4 weeks and a timer is fitted on that heater. Cooker is electric, and of course electric lights most of which are low wattage. I have 1 outside light on all hours of darkness which is 11 watts.

I'm very surprised to receive the following direct debit bills (got no other details at all)

05/10/2007 141.08
07/12/2007 162.23

I guess my expectation was for about half the price above.

Any thoughts on the costs? Have I been done? Am i on the wrong tarrif? How do I get a breakdfown of the bills / usage

Supplier is iberdrola

thanks
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
I have received these bills. Over this 6 month period, our villa has been used for approx 13 weeks. Pool pump is on for 3.5 hours a day. I have 1 water heater for a room which at most has been used for 4 weeks and a timer is fitted on that heater. Cooker is electric, and of course electric lights most of which are low wattage. I have 1 outside light on all hours of darkness which is 11 watts.

I'm very surprised to receive the following direct debit bills (got no other details at all)

05/10/2007 141.08
07/12/2007 162.23

I guess my expectation was for about half the price above.

Any thoughts on the costs? Have I been done? Am i on the wrong tarrif? How do I get a breakdfown of the bills / usage

Supplier is iberdrola

thanks
Trust me, I have kept an eye on all usage over the last month or so due to a similar bill.
What will eat up the electric will be your water heater, your electric cooker, and any electric radiators. Just before christmas we had neighbours around which meant cooking for some two / three hours and the rings on as well, and the daily consumption all but doubled.

We only have the water heater on for about 6 hours a day on and off now, and the radiators in the morning. We have a log fire for the night. But I'm guessing what I save in having the radiators off, I am paying out in logs.

I think the biggest long term saving you can make is to change your cooking to gas. Our neighbours have it and they say a canister lasts them for months, and I believe a canister is about €12-€13
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:04 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

The period of the bills is 4 months, not 6 months.

The pump, depending on its size could account for 40 euros on each bill but even so it looks on the high side. Do you have a fridge/freezer?

You bill should show you the number of units actually used however you need to be sure that it is not an estimated reading - it will tell you on the bill if it is estimated.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Yes have a fridge freezer, use for about 13 weeks in the period in question -bought in June lowest rated electricity usage, perhaps they are estimated bills - i wonder how I find out as i only have the charge on my bank statement and no bill?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 12:17 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by sortedtoo
Yes have a fridge freezer, use for about 13 weeks in the period in question -bought in June lowest rated electricity usage, perhaps they are estimated bills - i wonder how I find out as i only have the charge on my bank statement and no bill?
Have you got me on ignore
Old Jan 5th 2008, 4:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

How did you manage that then!?
Dunno. That's what the old chap in the local garage charged me, I offered a 20€ note and got 10.30€ change. Maybe its because we always leave him with our unused fruit,veg etc when we leave the village for the UK?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee
Dunno. That's what the old chap in the local garage charged me, I offered a 20€ note and got 10.30€ change. Maybe its because we always leave him with our unused fruit,veg etc when we leave the village for the UK?
Sounds like a good deal all round then!

Our Repsol delivery man is one of the unfriendliest people I've ever come across! However, after living here for almost 2 years, he now deigns to say hello and even occasionally smiles!!

I've just had a thought.........maybe the gas bottles cost more when you have them delivered, as opposed to buying them from the garage??
Only the other day, we were having a conversation in the churreria, about the fact that it's not possible to buy the bottles anywhere local to here (not even in the garage) so maybe Repsol are onto a good thing in this area!?
Old Jan 5th 2008, 8:11 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a good deal all round then!

Our Repsol delivery man is one of the unfriendliest people I've ever come across! However, after living here for almost 2 years, he now deigns to say hello and even occasionally smiles!!

I've just had a thought.........maybe the gas bottles cost more when you have them delivered, as opposed to buying them from the garage??
Only the other day, we were having a conversation in the churreria, about the fact that it's not possible to buy the bottles anywhere local to here (not even in the garage) so maybe Repsol are onto a good thing in this area!?
Its the same price to have them delivered as it is to pick them up here.
Also the local garage gave two of the silver bottles free when you signed the contract.
Old Jan 5th 2008, 10:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Its the same price to have them delivered as it is to pick them up here.
Also the local garage gave two of the silver bottles free when you signed the contract.
Hmmm! No such luck here!
Old Jan 6th 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

tallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Have you got me on ignore
If I say yes,does that mean I am not ignoring you
Old Feb 9th 2008, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Trust me, I have kept an eye on all usage over the last month or so due to a similar bill.
What will eat up the electric will be your water heater, your electric cooker, and any electric radiators. Just before christmas we had neighbours around which meant cooking for some two / three hours and the rings on as well, and the daily consumption all but doubled.

We only have the water heater on for about 6 hours a day on and off now, and the radiators in the morning. We have a log fire for the night. But I'm guessing what I save in having the radiators off, I am paying out in logs.

I think the biggest long term saving you can make is to change your cooking to gas. Our neighbours have it and they say a canister lasts them for months, and I believe a canister is about €12-€13
I checked the meter, over 2 days and usage was 20kwh - still cannot understand how I can have had usage accounting for the following bills over 2 *2 month periods

05/10/2007 141.08
07/12/2007 162.23

Guess i need to get in touch with iberdrola.

Is it possible to see iberdrola accounts on website without needing to understand spanish?
Old Feb 10th 2008, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

jeeringtowser is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Spanish Elevtricity Bill - Iberdrola

Originally Posted by Econ
It is basically tax / fine applied by the government for using too much electric relative to that contracted amount and picked up by the electric company on their behalf.

I live with my wife, just 2 of us, a cat, we eat out 3 nights and hardly have a light on in the house and we get the fine also. In saying this I ripped out the gas heater 'too dangerous here' and have all electric but I do not see us as being excessive. We looked at getting the contract upgraded but when you put all the costs together (more to pay each month) and the fact you still get a fine if you go over the limit for that contract I decided it was probably not worth it and just pay the fine.

Oh by the way, a suggestion from the electric company girl on a solution was not to shower every day!
How do you calculate how much electricity you can use before you get fined, I know it varies by fuse size. But is there a formula?
Our fuse size is 5.75 Kwh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.