Spanish driving medical test

Spanish driving medical test

Old Jun 24th 2009, 6:30 pm
Exa
Just Joined

Exa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Spanish driving medical test

Hi there,

I understand that Spanish drivers have to undergo a medical test before they're deemed fit to drive. Does anyone know exactly what this involves? And is it the same test for car and LGV (aka HGV) driving?

The reason I ask is because I'm asthmatic, and also hearing impaired. So any mention of "medical test" is obviously a concern for me.

Thanks
Old Jun 24th 2009, 7:11 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish driving medical test

Originally Posted by Exa
Hi there,

I understand that Spanish drivers have to undergo a medical test before they're deemed fit to drive. Does anyone know exactly what this involves? And is it the same test for car and LGV (aka HGV) driving?

The reason I ask is because I'm asthmatic, and also hearing impaired. So any mention of "medical test" is obviously a concern for me.

Thanks
I had a HGV medical test to renew my UK licence locally a few years back & it included an ECG that is not a requirement in the UK (cost about 30eu) I would guess that the Car - HGV medicals do differ.

I am told by my locals that the car medical is very easy/basic.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:55 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

If the Spanish can pass that test, a blind person can.

Could someone please develop a test where they learn how to use a roundabout? Eg. No parking. no stopping for a chat, no pedestrian crossing, not a park to walk your dog, etc,etc.....
Old Jun 25th 2009, 7:49 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you need to take a test dependent on your age, and whether you have a UK photo licence or a Spanish one. Its not a medical such as you think though, its more based on eye sight and reaction times. Contact your local trafico for a centre near you. Its supposed to be very simple

If I remember correctly

18 - 45 years of age every 10 years
46 - 70 years of age every 5 years
70 and above every 2 years

Your licence I understand is invalid if you dont have the medical certificate
Old Jun 25th 2009, 10:07 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Under the new rules that are about to be introduced as part of the harmonisation of EU licences, the periods will be every 10 years up to 65 and every 5 years thereafter.

For "professional" licences it will be 5 and 3 years respectively.

I am not sure of the dates that this comes into effect but is probably not for a couple of years.