Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Culture Crash Course - Lesson III

Spanish Culture Crash Course - Lesson III

Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:36 am
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about
Smile Re: Spanish Culture Crash Course - Lesson III

***News Flash***

El Pepe infame, fijador famoso a la comunidad de la ex-palmadita fue arrestado hoy como parte de la medida enérgica en curso en la corrupción y del soborno comenzado en Marbela hace un año.
Se alega que Señor Pepe aceptó té y un bollo poner crema del los extrajaneros despreciables.

The infamous Pepe, famed fixer to the ex-pat community was today arrested as part of the ongoing crackdown on corruption and bribery begun in Marbela a year ago.
It is alleged that Señor Pepe accepted tea and a cream bun from a despicable extrajaneros.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:51 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Spanish Culture Crash Course - Lesson III

Originally Posted by MnM
Hi Keith,

Pepe is the local know it all/do it all kinda person and he's got eyes only for Crispygirl *lol*....but he will help others too for a small fee
Glad you said fee and not Feel
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 10:54 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

mm answer.

I dont have a spainish driving licence i have a british one eu a german one eu also and a american one. So as the holder of two european driving licences. i would lie on my sun lounger drinking beer and laughing about the silly people in yet another que.

I dont need a spainish licence im english.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

I hope everybody takes this test with a light heart - after all you are British. But the answers are coming from the textbook and I don't edit them
based on your answer. And I assure you that these answers are certainly based on the way Spanish society operates. Pepe is not necessarily a corrupt guy and he certainly doesn't charge for using his connections in your favor, well unless he is a "gestor". As we put it in Spain: "Hoy por tí, mañana por mí" <I'll do you a favor today, you'll do me a favor tomorrow>.

Here are today grades:

- Bigbhuda69 - 10 points. Obviously a quick learner.
- jdr - 8 points. He is the moderator after all.
- Big Pete - 2 point for attendance. This is his first class after all.
- sunnydee - 2 point for attendance and creative approach to the problem.
- IntuitiveNipple - 2 points for good attitude and 2 extra points for thinking outside the box.
- crispygirl - 10 points. Obviously a bright student who enrolled at the beginning of this course.
- keithwalters - 8 points. Excellent logic somehow reaching the wrong conclusion.
- MnM - 10 points. Obviously a bright student who enrolled at the beginning of this course.
- Ka Ora! - 2 point for attendance and a creative solution.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:40 am
Forum Regular

IntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura aboutIntuitiveNipple has a spectacular aura about

Can I just point out that one of my dogs is named Pepe, but although his life seems to be one long siesta so far as I know he doesn't speak Spanish and the only fixing he does is to ensure the box of Bonios empties rapidly!
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 11:45 am
Forum Regular

gudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the roughgudes is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by IntuitiveNipple
Can I just point out that one of my dogs is named Pepe, but although his life seems to be one long siesta so far as I know he doesn't speak Spanish and the only fixing he does is to ensure the box of Bonios empties rapidly!
This will be a problem in Spain. When you call your dog pretty much every other man around will be turning their heads. Please, keep me posted about how this turns out.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 12:18 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Glad you said fee and not Feel
Well, now that you mention it, it's either one or the other
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by gudes
This will be a problem in Spain. When you call your dog pretty much every other man around will be turning their heads. Please, keep me posted about how this turns out.

Our friend is called Jose but only answers to Pepe...onest. By the way gudes I'm sending you kama for being my teacher
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:06 pm
Forum Regular

When you call your dog pretty much every other man around will be turning their heads.
As long as they don't eat all the Bonios
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:11 pm
MnM

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Our friend is called Jose but only answers to Pepe...onest. By the way gudes I'm sending you kama for being my teacher
Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.....that's called sucking up *lol*

Taking crispygirl's lead and also sending gudes some karma!

Wondering if gudes real name is Pepe....*hmmmmmmm a thought to ponder*
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you, crispygirl, but before continuing this thread please check your English/Spanish dictionary for the word "kama" with a c. I won't say more...
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:44 pm

Thank you, crispygirl, but before continuing this thread please check your English/Spanish dictionary for the word "kama" with a c. I won't say more...

In your dreams....
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:48 pm
MnM

*lol*

Doesn't need to have a "c" ....look at all the definitions I found with a "k"

here

Last edited by MnM; Apr 2nd 2007 at 3:02 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:54 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MnM
*lol*

Doesn't need to have a "c" ....look at all the defnitions I found with a "k"

here
Ranging from Sex to Saucepan, lol
Old Apr 2nd 2007, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jdr
Ranging from Sex to Saucepan, lol
I am feeling that we are about to be banned!!! I was just trying to point out how important consonants are!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.