Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Civil War

Spanish Civil War

Old Oct 1st 2012, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish Civil War

If anyone is interested in the SCW - I went on a day tour from Madrid in August with Spanish Sites

And just had an article published in The Inland Magazine (TIM) on The Jarama Battle (Pgs 34-35) which is on my site here
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:22 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Civil War

Good to see an organisation that recognises that the main resistance (and ultimately the defeat of the Republic) took place in Madrid.

The siege of Madrid was the key battle of the war. As General Franco’s nationalist troops closed in on the Spanish capital in the autumn of 1936 Europe watched and waited for city to fall. Instead Madrilenos fought tooth and nail to defend themseleves and helped by volunteers from other countries – the International Brigades – they held out against all the odds until almost the end of the conflict in 1939. Their slogan “No Pasarán” (they will not get past) has become a clarion call for anti-fascists around the world since that time.
But there is also an enterprise going in Barcelona, by someone called Nick Lloyd, and his tours I hear have been very well received.

http://iberianature.com/barcelona/hi...-in-barcelona/
Old Oct 1st 2012, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Civil War

Yes a trip to Barcelona is next on my list.