Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish banker goes to jail.

Spanish banker goes to jail.

Old May 17th 2013, 7:22 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Spanish banker goes to jail.

I can hear people say: about time too. Even though it wasn't for long.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/bu...l?ref=business

I found the background interesting, blatant cronyism right at the top of Spanish politics. This country is in deep trouble and needs 'manos limpias' to get out of it.
Old May 17th 2013, 9:19 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish banker goes to jail.

Be nice to see a few more jailed for longer lengths of time!
Old May 17th 2013, 9:30 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I imagine if justice was done, the jails would be so full of mayors, town hall officials and bankers that there'd be no room available for bank robbers, murderers, rapists and the like.
Old May 17th 2013, 9:42 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I can hear people say: about time too. Even though it wasn't for long.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/18/bu...l?ref=business

I found the background interesting, blatant cronyism right at the top of Spanish politics. This country is in deep trouble and needs 'manos limpias' to get out of it.
http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/05/17/...28_594684.html

Posted bail of 2.5 million euro and walked away.
Must have been a nice little earner.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2013/05/17/...09_974297.html

No prior banking experience when named president of the bank !!!

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; May 17th 2013 at 9:45 pm.
Old May 17th 2013, 11:09 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Please, please, please bump Satander up the list.
Old May 17th 2013, 11:26 pm
On the road again.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...stomer-service

Does that fit the bill ok ?
Plenty more if required.

Just watching a BBC NEWS report which is explaining that BARCELONA is number 1 in the list of World cities where you are most likely to get robbed, with Rome in second place.
Old May 17th 2013, 11:43 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The two El Pais links make for sober reading. It made me think of lawyers>politicians>bankers, a perfect combination for corruption at the highest level. The guy awarded himself a times 18 pay rise on his first day in the job.

The self-same mob is currently running the country, imposing severe austerity on its citizens and frightening the life out of us expats at the same time.

It can only end in tears.
Old May 18th 2013, 12:07 am
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/new...stomer-service

Does that fit the bill ok ?
Plenty more if required.
Fancy that !

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Just watching a BBC NEWS report which is explaining that BARCELONA is number 1 in the list of World cities where you are most likely to get robbed, with Rome in second place.
I knew you'd come up with that.

I was in on Thursday. I accidently bumped into someone on the Ramblas and we both checked our pockets !

In defence, I have found the native Catalans to be the most honest people I have ever met, twice I've had people running after me to return my dropped wallet (not that day ).

There was pile of rich black earth just lying by the side of a well used country road near me, just begging me to take a bucketful for my roses which nobody would miss, but no-one touched it for the month that it was there. Small and silly example, I know, but that's how it feels here.

I could give many examples, and I would trust them with my life (I have done in hospital), but watch out in business where they will rip your arm off.