Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spanish Bank with English language online banking?

Spanish Bank with English language online banking?

Old Oct 9th 2022, 10:40 am
Just Joined

expat1expat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spanish Bank with English language online banking?

Which Spanish banks have English language online banking?

I heard BBVA and openbank do, but which others? Is it true that Santander online banking is only Spanish?
Old Oct 9th 2022, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spanish Bank with English language online banking?

I'm sure Deutsche Bank have the English option as well. I use BBVA and their app is very good. A few of the options remain in Spanish but it's workable.
Old Oct 9th 2022, 7:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Sabadell Bank have an excellent online app all in English. I've been using their app for many years.

All their online Banking sites are in English if the setup is OK.

Steve
Old Oct 9th 2022, 7:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by expat1expat

I heard BBVA and openbank do, but which others? Is it true that Santander online banking is only Spanish?
Nope. Its available in English.
You choose the language from the 3 choices up on the top right of the page.
Mine is always in English both on the Mac and my phone...

Old Oct 9th 2022, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Barriej
Nope. Its available in English.
You choose the language from the 3 choices up on the top right of the page.
Mine is always in English both on the Mac and my phone...
I see, thanks for clarifying about the Santander online banking. Are you happy with Santander overall?
Old Oct 9th 2022, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by tebo53
Sabadell Bank have an excellent online app all in English. I've been using their app for many years.

All their online Banking sites are in English if the setup is OK.

Steve
Thanks, Sabadell offers no free online account though, right?
Old Oct 9th 2022, 9:22 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, Sabadell offers no free online account though, right?
Yes they do now.

Sabadell Online Account
Old Oct 9th 2022, 9:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Cajasur app is in spanish and English.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Also Caxia.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 12:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

I see, thanks for clarifying about the Santander online banking. Are you happy with Santander overall?
When it was a non res account, it was ok except for the monthly charges (although to be honest they were tiny compared to the charges we paid in the Uk for the business accounts..))
You could get round the charge at the time by putting a lump sum in (a large one) or buying one of the insurances or putting a set amount in every month... I just paid the charges as it was easier at the time, we didn't own property but I opened the account because we were visiting 4 times a year and I was working in Barcelona every so often.
We got round the charges once my wife opened her account by doing what the manager told me.

He said "make a transfer of the €650 to your account and then two days later, move it to your wife. Next month move it back and then a couple of days after move it again. Repeat every month as the computer is only looking for a deposit of €650 to cancel the charges"
So I did this for about a year and we never paid a cent in charges.

As a residents account Santander is no better or worse than any of the others.
We have been lucky because we have got to know one of the workers in the branch (Albir) and we have her direct email and phone number (her english is good as well). This alone is worth any amount of charges you might get.

I pay my Uk private pension into the account and then do the transfer to my wife's account, so I pay all the DD and the IBI etc and she takes care of the shopping and the other little bits. I don't move it back and still no charges.
Saves us €20 each a month...

We also have Aegon health insurance through the accounts and get 20% discount on the package (although Im planning on moving to Asssa later this year as it means we can use our local health centre and not go to IMED Benidorm)

To answer Yes we are happy.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 3:44 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Bancaja did when I lived in Spain
Old Oct 10th 2022, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Retired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond reputeRetired in Euskadi has a reputation beyond repute

Kutxabank (formerely BBK) has an English online service.
Old Oct 10th 2022, 4:45 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Openbank does offer their website and app in English. I'm not sure if they can offer phone support in English though.

ING is Spanish only.

Last edited by DLC; Oct 10th 2022 at 5:12 am.