Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spains Financial News

Spains Financial News

Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:14 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Spains Financial News

Habitat has filed for Bankruptcy protection with Debts of 2.3 billion euro another like company Colonial has stated it to may be in trouble if it can not find funding.Habitat is Spain's 5th largest Spanish property developer /estate agents. Ahhhhhh Well never mind.

The daily Euribor rate has fallen in just six weeks from 5.512% to 3.951% This will mean cheaper mortgages and will be confirmed by the Bank of Spain on 10th December.

El Mundo is not impressed by yesterday’s 11 billion € package to stimulate the Spanish economy revealed by the Prime Minister.
The paper headlines that Zapatero has promised fewer jobs than those lost in the past two months. The paper says his seventh plan only offers 11 billion € in public spending, nearly all of it for the Town and City Halls, with which he says he will create 300,000 jobs in 2009.
La Vanguardia says it is the eighth plan from the Prime Minister, and has been born ‘limited’.
El País says that local mayors will have new funds to award public works projects under the plan, and that 800 million goes to the car manufacturing sector.
ABC says that Zapatero presents another anti-crisis plan with 8 billion for town halls – The paper notes that Rajoy says the plan is disorder. ABC says the motor industry is divided by their help – of just 400 million €.

Details taken from newspapers various and http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news...index_26.shtml

Last edited by poshnbucks; Nov 28th 2008 at 11:30 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 10:57 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Spains Financial News

The daily Euribor rate has fallen in just six weeks from 5.512% to 3.951% This will mean cheaper mortgages and will be confirmed by the Bank of Spain on 10th December. will not worth a fack to us , the bank are not leanding there been two drop i the rates and again banks are not handing over to us , that know how to charge us for useing atm , banks and so on

Spanish banks UK are ove the Eu

if money was moving think wold be lot better this year and next
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

DENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud ofDENISE WALTERS has much to be proud of

Where is this company based??????????????????
Is it linked with HABITINA ESTATE AGENTS
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:23 pm

jurdyr I don't have a mortgage, Just thought I would pass on the news maybe Spain will make the lenders pass on the reduction like they are doing or trying to do in the UK

Last edited by poshnbucks; Nov 28th 2008 at 11:25 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by DENISE WALTERS
Where is this company based??????????????????
Is it linked with HABITINA ESTATE AGENTS
Spanish property developer Habitat

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...siness/Europe/

http://www.forbes.com/afxnewslimited...fx5754422.html

Last edited by poshnbucks; Nov 28th 2008 at 11:32 pm.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 4:04 am
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

So how many thounds off Spanish got cought out with this Habitat closeding it doors ? Posh you very lucky not having a mortgage and would think you off very few here that dont , will i have and thanks bite off god i am payying it back here , but still hard , company i work for has me on 3 day aweek ,my travel is payed for but not pay time for sitting on plane , this think that comany have dont to used but yes we have say yes until things get better , want to keep some one payying me something

Very day more and more C.V. are sent to used from all over the world asking for work . and its not there my boss let me used there internet system , wich saving me 60 euros a month

yes time are hard but we have to keep going on with it and hope for the best here
Old Nov 29th 2008, 9:04 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Unhappy Re: Spains Financial News

This Habitat is mainly a Catalan property developer? Did it have many branches elsewhere in Spain?
Back in the UK it looks like 30,000 jobs are going with the collapse of Woolworths and MFI. This may have happened anyway (most people wonder how Woolworths has kept going over the last 5 years) but it all adds to the general gloom. I'm wondering if there's a company likely to collapse in Spain that would result in 30,000 people losing their jobs. I suspect the government would step in if say, El Corte Ingles were to fold (I'm not saying this is likely in the short term, although I do wonder where they get the customers from to pay their high prices). Indeed in the UK El Gordo and Darling are trying their best to keep Woolworths open.
Old Nov 29th 2008, 11:49 pm
Banned

Wwith 179 stores around Spain and turover off €15.9 billion (2006) largest department store chain owner of several associated businesses, such as supermarket chains Hipercor, Supercor and Opencor. think that ok , and lot better off the wooles , thay been make lost last 5 years but watch out in jan for the ventas in El Corte Inglés there bargains two got then
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:00 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
This Habitat is mainly a Catalan property developer? Did it have many branches elsewhere in Spain?
Back in the UK it looks like 30,000 jobs are going with the collapse of Woolworths and MFI. This may have happened anyway (most people wonder how Woolworths has kept going over the last 5 years) but it all adds to the general gloom. I'm wondering if there's a company likely to collapse in Spain that would result in 30,000 people losing their jobs. I suspect the government would step in if say, El Corte Ingles were to fold (I'm not saying this is likely in the short term, although I do wonder where they get the customers from to pay their high prices). Indeed in the UK El Gordo and Darling are trying their best to keep Woolworths open.
Not from one company but Spain has lost over 300,000 jobs this year!
Old Nov 30th 2008, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe

Woolworths will be bought by the Dragon Theo Paphitis Talks are under way.There are others swarming
around hoping to cherry pick the best site/stores. But there will be job losses which is sad.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle5258257.ece

Last edited by poshnbucks; Nov 30th 2008 at 12:06 am.
Old Nov 30th 2008, 8:21 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

What this government says and does are two very different things.
Just found this news article and was surprised and interested. Now I am staggered as the article is dated 2004. It has never happened.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle389061.ece

More spin then Peter Mandelson maybe?
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Spains Financial News

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
What this government says and does are two very different things.
Just found this news article and was surprised and interested. Now I am staggered as the article is dated 2004. It has never happened.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...icle389061.ece

More spin then Peter Mandelson maybe?
Not quite true. The Spanish Building Regulations changed in September 2006 all new approvals after that date had to have solar water heating panals for domestic dwellings and ditto plus solar photovoltaic panals for commercial property. Of course there would be a large no. of outstanding approvals to be worked through at that stage but the "crunch" has probably caused those to lapse and when the construction sector starts again you should see a lot of solar panals being used.
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:29 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Not quite true. The Spanish Building Regulations changed in September 2006 all new approvals after that date had to have solar water heating panals for domestic dwellings and ditto plus solar photovoltaic panals for commercial property. Of course there would be a large no. of outstanding approvals to be worked through at that stage but the "crunch" has probably caused those to lapse and when the construction sector starts again you should see a lot of solar panals being used.
There must be thousands that they are still in the process of building here, approved more than two years ago then. ;-(
Old Dec 1st 2008, 12:33 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath

But that was 2 years ago and we have never ever seen anything here in Galicia or anywhere else in the North of Spain that resembles a solar panel on a new building.