Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

Old Dec 10th 2009, 3:11 am
Click my Signature

sjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to allsjrw is a name known to all
Angry Re: SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

Ours is IRPH + 1
Never knew what it meant until we started reading into it.
Seems like we were stuffed as well. Those on EURIBOR are having a good time at the moment. We have just had a letter saying it will be going up to around 3 or 4%. We had a choice between Barclays and UCI and chose the one we thought was better at the time. Didn't know about this IRPH at the time. Oh how I wish we'd gone down the Barclays route.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 10:26 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Re: SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Not much consolation but I read that 90% of spanish mortgages have not gone down because of similar terms.
Read this where ?

Since the day we decided to move to Spain 4.5 years ago we have been and felt ripped off by all and sundry. Granted a lot of it is our lack of Spanish sometimes, ignorance, the old rose tinted + taking the attitude that the red tape is a mountain to climb and too hard to understand.

I remember the day we signed at the notary - the bank/mortgage guy was there - for the signing of the mortgage - we spotted extra charges - when we asked, he told us it was compulsory house/buildings insurance - never mentioned that before did they !!! So surrounded by officials and feeling vulnerable + months of hassle getting to the notary, we signed and paid extra - thing is they even put it on the mortgage amount so they'd get interest as well. Cheeky B'Stars !! And we'd already arrange and paid for it with another provider !!! So we had two lots of insurance the first year !!

Old Dec 14th 2009, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
I remember the day we signed at the notary - the bank/mortgage guy was there - for the signing of the mortgage - we spotted extra charges - when we asked, he told us it was compulsory house/buildings insurance - never mentioned that before did they !!! So surrounded by officials and feeling vulnerable + months of hassle getting to the notary, we signed and paid extra - thing is they even put it on the mortgage amount so they'd get interest as well. Cheeky B'Stars !! And we'd already arrange and paid for it with another provider !!! So we had two lots of insurance the first year !!

But isn't just part of living in Spain? I'm sure if anyone tried the same trick now you would know exactly what to say and how to say it. I think that's a positive thing!
Old Dec 15th 2009, 3:00 am
Just Joined

HappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really nice

Are you mad Carter71?
How can being ripped off be positive ? And maybe it is the dark side of being "just part of living in Spain"...
so if I come round to you and hook-wink you into parting with $350 - you'd be please and positive would you ?

Anyone else think Carter71 has his polarity wrong!?
Old Dec 15th 2009, 4:33 am
Forum Regular

carter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to allcarter71 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by HappyGoLucky
Are you mad Carter71?
How can being ripped off be positive ? And maybe it is the dark side of being "just part of living in Spain"...
so if I come round to you and hook-wink you into parting with $350 - you'd be please and positive would you ?

Anyone else think Carter71 has his polarity wrong!?
Who said anything about $350? Are you GrapeEater with a different screen name?

What I said was that "GrapeEater" would learn from the experience, and wouldn't be caught out again. That was a positive thing.

Not reading the small print in the mortgage application was hardly the crime of the century. He / she / you will know better next time. By dragging a husband and three children to Spain I lost our family over 100,000 euros. But It's still been positive - I've learnt my lessons the hard way, House prices have fallen by more than I've lost, and there is a 75% chance I'll get my money back in any case.

And he's a her, so you've definately got your polarity wrong!