Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:36 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

Originally Posted by pjj
cor blimey , dont get him to change it
Blimey, he will have to or he will get mixed up with all the other grumpy bastards on here. lol
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:05 am
Just Joined

HappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr
Blimey, he will have to or he will get mixed up with all the other grumpy bastards on here. lol
Name change? Why?
- If you can say it in a post (like above) - you can have it as a name surely ?
- That's my Nickname around 'ere
Old Dec 9th 2009, 11:25 am
Banned

jojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond reputejojojojojojojojojojojojo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrumpyBastard
Name change? Why?

That name seems to apply to most of the posters on here tho - it could get confusing

Jo xxx
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:27 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Name change? Why?
Because once you do it then everyone will be having a go at one swearword or another, and then the mods team will be running around getting people to change them. Sorry. You may be grumpy, I just don't know, but we aint going to call your parentage into question here . Pse pm your new name to admin, many thanks

PS. Your quote in your thread kind of proves my point
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

HappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really niceHappyGoLucky is just really nice

OK Mitzy I succumb to this victorian censorship, but I do admire your stance on standards !! I will of course be monitoring the language on here going forward... so I hope you are consistent. I will PM soon once I can think of a more suitable Grumpy name.

... and I wanted to be the Gordon Ramsey of the Forums. TUT !!!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 1:53 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

OK Mitzy I succumb to this victorian censorship, but I do admire your stance on standards !! I will of course be monitoring the language on here going forward... so I hope you are consistent. I will PM soon once I can think of a more suitable Grumpy name.

... and I wanted to be the Gordon Ramsey of the Forums. TUT !!!
You gotta see the bigger picture . Theres some moderately bad language on the forums here and there, but not screen names of the same type
Old Dec 9th 2009, 3:58 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jojojojojojojojojojojojo
That name seems to apply to most of the posters on here tho - it could get confusing

Jo xxx
Karma for that Could he be "GrumpyTwat" that word seems to be ok. on this forum although it makes me cringe!
Old Dec 9th 2009, 4:36 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Karma for that Could he be "GrumpyTwat" that word seems to be ok. on this forum although it makes me cringe!
True, but maybe not as a screen name
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:09 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

How about Grumpy B'Stard

I seem to remember there was a TV character called B'Stard.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:31 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

How about No all Nigel or Too Smart Fart.

There are a few of those too.
Old Dec 9th 2009, 5:53 pm
Senior Moment

How about

"lets get this thread back on track"
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

Back on thread with a little cautionary tale....

we took out a mortgage with Bankinter 5 years ago and somehow signed a deal that meant that from Sep 09, for the rest of the term of the mortgage, the rate is now 6.49%!!!

unfortunately for the past year of the mortgage before it went on to this rate, although the rates had gone right down, we didn't even benefit from that as in Sep 08 the rates were fairly high and we got fixed on that for the past year.

I think we possibly could have cancelled it without much penalty over the past 5 years but we didn't realise that we were even going onto that rate and of course, bankinter didn't alert us to it either. Now that it's come into being, to get out of the deal they want 11,000 euro.

so what happens at the moment is they take the capital part and the interest at the current rate and then they add on a 'settlement' figure to take it up to 6.49%.

We are absolutely stuffed with it. Too expensive to remortgage (would probably not get a very good rate now anyway...).

So we are fine if the mortgage rates EVER go up past 6.49%... but what are the chances of that happening>

The only thing we can think of to do is to try and pay off as much of it as possible to bring the outstanding loan down a bit, and therefore pay less on it. But we were very shocked and not a little pi**ed off. We are absolutely kicking ourselves.

So if you have a mortgage with Bankinter taken out about 5 years ago, do check the terms of your deal that you haven't got a little financial timebomb ticking away. You might still have time to cancel it.

Blimey!
Old Dec 10th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by cindyp
Back on thread with a little cautionary tale....

we took out a mortgage with Bankinter 5 years ago and somehow signed a deal that meant that from Sep 09, for the rest of the term of the mortgage, the rate is now 6.49%!!!

unfortunately for the past year of the mortgage before it went on to this rate, although the rates had gone right down, we didn't even benefit from that as in Sep 08 the rates were fairly high and we got fixed on that for the past year.

I think we possibly could have cancelled it without much penalty over the past 5 years but we didn't realise that we were even going onto that rate and of course, bankinter didn't alert us to it either. Now that it's come into being, to get out of the deal they want 11,000 euro.

so what happens at the moment is they take the capital part and the interest at the current rate and then they add on a 'settlement' figure to take it up to 6.49%.

We are absolutely stuffed with it. Too expensive to remortgage (would probably not get a very good rate now anyway...).

So we are fine if the mortgage rates EVER go up past 6.49%... but what are the chances of that happening>

The only thing we can think of to do is to try and pay off as much of it as possible to bring the outstanding loan down a bit, and therefore pay less on it. But we were very shocked and not a little pi**ed off. We are absolutely kicking ourselves.

So if you have a mortgage with Bankinter taken out about 5 years ago, do check the terms of your deal that you haven't got a little financial timebomb ticking away. You might still have time to cancel it.

Blimey!
Is this because you elected to have an interest only mortgage for the first 5 years and now the capital part is kicking in?

My OH has a Bankinter mortgage on his house (not OUR house) taken out about 3 years ago. I know he pays Euribor + 0.3% but don't know what that equates to at the moment.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future

No, it's interest and capital, a normal repayment mortgage.

The first 5 years were at prevailing rate - fixed each year at whatever the rate of the time was.

But somehow, the deal was that after the first 5 years, the rate fixes at 6.49%, unless cancelled before it kicked in. but we didn't realise that was the deal and didn't realise it had kicked in til it had, and it's now too late to change it without penalties.
Old Dec 10th 2009, 2:56 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Not much consolation but I read that 90% of spanish mortgages have not gone down because of similar terms.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.