Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:36 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

hi guys , my morgage in spain in the last 2 years i have noticed it has dropped by about 150 euros per year which is great . but ive just been told by a friend on the phone tonight from spain that having spoken to his bank they reckon his morgage is going to drop massively next year , with the currant climate of the way things are in spain this would seem expected which would be superb for us all ! does any body think this will be the case in 2010 and has any one been told or heard of this big drop in rates

Last edited by pjj; Dec 6th 2009 at 7:39 pm.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 7:57 pm
pjj
sun lover

pjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud ofpjj has much to be proud of
Default Re: SPAINISH MORGAGE RATES BEING DROPPED

Originally Posted by pjj
hi guys , my morgage in spain in the last 2 years i have noticed it has dropped by about 150 euros per year which is great . but ive just been told by a friend on the phone tonight from spain that having spoken to his bank they reckon his morgage is going to drop massively next year , with the currant climate of the way things are in spain this would seem expected which would be superb for us all ! does any body think this will be the case in 2010 and has any one been told or heard of this big drop in rates
come on guys 18 views and not one comment there must be some one on here thats heard some thing
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, 21 minutes and he's anxious for an answer.

I don't know.

The Euribor is low and mortgage rates haven't necessarily followed. The banks may be sick of being left with homes that people can't afford any more.

But no, I've heard nothing.
Old Dec 6th 2009, 8:41 pm
pjj
sun lover

Originally Posted by rachelk
Blimey, 21 minutes and he's anxious for an answer.

I don't know.

The Euribor is low and mortgage rates haven't necessarily followed. The banks may be sick of being left with homes that people can't afford any more.

But no, I've heard nothing.
blimey, 21 minutes and 18 views and no reply. i dont know! LOL thanks any way for your reply
Old Dec 6th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pjj
I haven't heard anything either, but with the Euribor already at rock bottom I can't imagine there is much room for manouevre.

In any case, I think most mortgages have a min and max cap and regardless of what the Euribor does your mortgage will never go below that minimum cap anyway.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 1:33 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

blimey, maybe if you told us the rate you are paying, we might be able to comment
Old Dec 7th 2009, 5:52 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pjj
blimey, 21 minutes and 18 views and no reply. i dont know! LOL thanks any way for your reply
Blimey, this is an open forum anyone can view, but you have to join to answer. ;-))
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:17 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, have you seen the banks lists of repossessions? There’s trillions of them. They’re repossessing whole towns.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 9:14 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey, I'm looking at buying possibly next years so, blimey, that'd be good.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 12:34 pm
Just Joined

James Salobrena will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pjj
Whatever anyone thinks now may be cpompletely different in a month's time as the world stumbles along from one economic problem to another. At the moment I think that there will probably be pressure on Euribor to rise by the end of 2010 - and it is Euribor that dictates the bottom of the interest rates.

Mortgages this year for new buyers have been relatively low but the rates are often reviewed once a year (not monthly) and I know many people who had a review at the end of last year and are still paying close to 6%. These people are now having reviews and the rates will drop by about half in the New Year and remain there until the next anniversary.
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:13 pm
Structural Surveyor

Hillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond reputeHillybilly has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey. I don't have a mortgage
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:15 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey I don't either
Old Dec 7th 2009, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond reputeBri and Katee has a reputation beyond repute

We have a variable rate mortgage arranged thru the Leeds B.S (Gibraltar branch at the time, although now done direct with their HQ in Leeds) Its linked to the euribor rate. This year we have seen the mortgage drop from 480€ per month to 220€ can't ask for more savings than that!

As long as it keeps it up for another 2 years than we will have enough savings to pay it off and actually been in a position to screw the mortgage company rather than the other way around
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:15 pm
Banned

spaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant futurespaniola has a brilliant future

They will not drop anymore and in July 2010 they will shoot up so be warned
Old Dec 7th 2009, 6:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spaniola
They will not drop anymore and in July 2010 they will shoot up so be warned
Blimey ... crystal ball

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.