Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SPAIN: whats the weather like where u are ?

SPAIN: whats the weather like where u are ?

Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default SPAIN: whats the weather like where u are ?

its bucketing down here in Alhaurin, has been for about 3 days i thought we all moved here because of the sunshine ?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SPAIN: whats the weather like where u are ?

Quack Quack Quack - same here I have now got web feet.

Originally posted by bfg69bug
its bucketing down here in Alhaurin, has been for about 3 days i thought we all moved here because of the sunshine ?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

where are you mercades ?
Old Feb 24th 2004, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

angelinepereira is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SPAIN: whats the weather like where u are ?

Ohhh No!!! Don't tell me that!!! i was planning of moving to Spain too because of the sunshine

How long have u been in Spain... do u really wonder why u moved in the first place

Hope the sun shows its face soon
Old Feb 24th 2004, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

yup its been raining for 3 days now, and shows no sign of letting up.

i´ve been in spain for...nearly 4 years

yes i do wonder why i moved here. why ? work, jobs. read up around the forum about the job situation, it really is dire unless u want to work in sales.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

A landslide away from you,

Whats your trade? Making canoes may be a good one at the moment.

where are you mercades ?
Old Feb 25th 2004, 1:35 am
BE Forum Addict

There is meant to be 500000 British with homes in the Costa Del Sol region (not sure where they get their stats from) so apart from Sales there is secretarial work, IT, travel reps, builders, carpenters, plumbers, computer repair people, accountants, lawyers, insurance brokers. Sometimes it good to think outside boxes, and there is always commuting back to the UK. I know a number of people who are based in Spain but work in UK or other countries. They float between the two countries or others. I also know some Norweigan, Swedish also to the same. I've flown in on a 24 hour stopover and flown back out again.

yup its been raining for 3 days now, and shows no sign of letting up.

i´ve been in spain for...nearly 4 years

yes i do wonder why i moved here. why ? work, jobs. read up around the forum about the job situation, it really is dire unless u want to work in sales.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 6:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

If you think back to last year at this time it was pissistant rain then..
I got stuck on Fuengirola coast road in about 2 foot of water...
We had left the 340 cos of a bad crash, and decided to take the low road, bad move, cos every drop of rain that falls makes its way to the beach, and it ain`t fussy what route it takes.
Even the lookie lookie men are flogging brollies, i hear on the grapevine bowler hats are next...
Old Feb 26th 2004, 3:41 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

It's been raining down my way for 3 days or so. I was in Madrid on Monday and Tuesday and it was freezing. There was snow on Tuesday but the crap stuff that's more like sludge.

I think the Spanish weather is a real let down. The only decent times of year are May-June then Sept-Dec. The rest of the time it's too hot or too cold and damp.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 4:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe it my blood, but I like it when its hot and also like the change of putting some winter jumpers on. In Oz I used to live in all the hot states, Brisbane and Darwin, then Sydney and Melbourne. The only weather I've really hated is the Briitish one. Anyway this is great weather to get the bear rug out in front of the fire, either with wine and a romatic partner......or a good book and video if you dont have the first.....

Originally posted by sibsie
It's been raining down my way for 3 days or so. I was in Madrid on Monday and Tuesday and it was freezing. There was snow on Tuesday but the crap stuff that's more like sludge.

I think the Spanish weather is a real let down. The only decent times of year are May-June then Sept-Dec. The rest of the time it's too hot or too cold and damp.
Old Feb 26th 2004, 6:10 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Mercedes
Maybe it my blood, but I like it when its hot and also like the change of putting some winter jumpers on. In Oz I used to live in all the hot states, Brisbane and Darwin, then Sydney and Melbourne. The only weather I've really hated is the Briitish one. Anyway this is great weather to get the bear rug out in front of the fire, either with wine and a romatic partner......or a good book and video if you dont have the first.....
Oy take it easy, i`m getting a sweat on here
Old Mar 7th 2004, 3:41 pm
Very Old Member!

ScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud of
Default Weather!

Well all the above posts were in February (winter!). Now it's March and it's 24oC sunshine and clear skys, the bikinis are out and the tourists are in the pools! Still too cold for me to take the plunge.....

Seriously we do do need the water for mid summer and this 'winter' wasn't as wet wet wet as last winter, followed by the hotest summer for years.

There's more call for canoes in UK.

Old Mar 8th 2004, 9:57 am
BE Forum Addict

i dunno, it just feels like spain is so un-prepared for rain, it comes every year, but nothing ever changes.

i'm thinking of like...

opened up cardboard boxes inside doorways to collect the water off peoples feet. why cant they use doormats like everyone else?

bits of old sheeting in doorways to stop the rain coming in the door ??whats that all about?? why haven't the spanish suppliers stopped selling doors that let water in??

is it me or or does everything seem so...behind??

being so un-prepared for rain i'm surprised there is not alot more damage when it does rain. the render is coming off the houses near me, i live in the old town...imagine it..your house fell down because it rains
Old Mar 8th 2004, 10:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jdr
If you think back to last year at this time it was pissistant rain then..
I got stuck on Fuengirola coast road in about 2 foot of water...
We had left the 340 cos of a bad crash, and decided to take the low road, bad move, cos every drop of rain that falls makes its way to the beach, and it ain`t fussy what route it takes.
Even the lookie lookie men are flogging brollies, i hear on the grapevine bowler hats are next...

i was actually sat in traffic on the coin/mijas golf road one day of that week..and i watched a tow truck pulling 4 merc cabrios, a couple of beemers and a few 4 wheel drives out of an underground garage down there...it was like a cartoon...they opened the doors and the water came out