Spain Stinks !

Old Aug 20th 2008, 9:52 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of
Default Spain Stinks !

OK we all love the sand, sea, sangria and s*x in Spain. But the stink from the drains is one 'S' I do not like.

Smelly Spain... especially in the summer. Of course with so many people, so much rubbish and the summer sun the sewage is going to be bad, same as Greece .. the stink is disgusting !!!

Keep it clean ladies and gentlemen !
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:42 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain Stinks !

In some areas there is a certain smell, I associate it with putrifying rubbish in the sun. I've smelled it near dumps in this country too, tho never that much.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:19 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
OK we all love the sand, sea, sangria and s*x in Spain. But the stink from the drains is one 'S' I do not like.

Smelly Spain... especially in the summer. Of course with so many people, so much rubbish and the summer sun the sewage is going to be bad, same as Greece .. the stink is disgusting !!!

Keep it clean ladies and gentlemen !
Victoria Beckham endeared herself to the Spanish with a very similar remark!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:21 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Garbage smells everywhere, even when it's in a size zero dress
Old Aug 21st 2008, 5:23 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Near us, it's not the drains but the Marisma (marshland) and does that stink at this time of year!!
Old Aug 21st 2008, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

The Drains I got used to - so long as your not sleeping next to one, lol

The one thing I found hard to digest was the Smoke stench from fag ash lils in Cities like Sevilla, very off putting for me a non smoker and to be honest Id rather have the sewer smell, mmm or would I ??

With no air or breeze I guess that is the way it is, it certinaly something Ive not experienced in other areas of Spain.
Old Aug 21st 2008, 11:13 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Must say on the whole my village it spotless. The three beaches have sea weed removed and sand turned and levelled every morning and at the same time the street cleaners and a large machine clean and sweep the streets. The green rubbish bins do smell if you lift the lid during summer but I have never smelt any of the drains being off.
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

One night last week someone dumped a bag of rubbish at the end of our street. When we took our dogs out a 8am it was strewn all over the place (presumeably by animals in the night). When we went out shopping at 10 am it had all been cleared up and the place was spotless again.

When we lived in the UK tourists were forever leaving rubbish in our street and the only way it got cleared up was if I or one of our neighbours did it.

Rose
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 2:17 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
One night last week someone dumped a bag of rubbish at the end of our street. When we took our dogs out a 8am it was strewn all over the place (presumeably by animals in the night). When we went out shopping at 10 am it had all been cleared up and the place was spotless again.

When we lived in the UK tourists were forever leaving rubbish in our street and the only way it got cleared up was if I or one of our neighbours did it.

Rose
It was more likely than not done by your neighbours here too. The ladies in most towns keep the streets clean, there are not many street cleaners in Spain.

Rosemary
Old Aug 22nd 2008, 3:18 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by The Oddities
It was more likely than not done by your neighbours here too. The ladies in most towns keep the streets clean, there are not many street cleaners in Spain.

Rosemary
We have 6 full time street cleaners plus some 20 odd municipal lackies for a population of 1800 so I suppose we are very lucky.They employ more cleaners and beach cleaners in summer. One must have standards what.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by The Oddities

Rosemary
I don't think it was the neighbours as the other permanent residents are away and the other 2 nearby houses are weekend/holiday home. It could have been someone employed by the management company for the urbanisation. They go around spraying weeds and tidying up every so often. I have no idea how this is paid for unless it comes out of the council tax. If it was them it was a coincidence that they were round within such a short time.
Maybe there is more money spent on this in Catalonia than elsewhere.

Rose
Old Aug 24th 2008, 12:32 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
I don't think it was the neighbours as the other permanent residents are away and the other 2 nearby houses are weekend/holiday home. It could have been someone employed by the management company for the urbanisation. They go around spraying weeds and tidying up every so often. I have no idea how this is paid for unless it comes out of the council tax. If it was them it was a coincidence that they were round within such a short time.
Maybe there is more money spent on this in Catalonia than elsewhere.

Rose
we have street cleaners - tons of them, but you mostly see them in the port area (under my bedroom window at 6am) rather than the pueblo or Arenal area - I have no idea why that is the case
Old Aug 24th 2008, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

carefreebrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I lived in an Alicante region town and we had street cleaners who cleaned the central area twice each day- they had to as I found Spaniards sadly to rather enjoy giving the cleaners a job. If the costa Valencia does not have street cleaners then I will avoid that area when moving this year.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 2:38 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Streets in Spain are, in general, much much cleaner than in the UK, we see the street sweeper machines almost on a daily basis, and many of the steets are washed daily in Torrevieja.
Old Aug 24th 2008, 3:58 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Streets in Spain are, in general, much much cleaner than in the UK, we see the street sweeper machines almost on a daily basis, and many of the steets are washed daily in Torrevieja.
they proberly have to be with all the dog crap.comments please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.