Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain is the second best place to live in Europe

Spain is the second best place to live in Europe

Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain is the second best place to live in Europe

Originally Posted by agoreira
There must just be the odd one or two good tradesman in the whole of London, how come Grilloman never met one? Perhaps they saw him for what he was and decided he was a soft touch!
I'm sure there are, obviously I didnt meet them all.

I lived in a rather nice part of South West London, very close to Mr Clegg. But I didnt see the police goings on there, that was when I was at uni in the North!
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:16 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
There must just be the odd one or two good tradesman in the whole of London, how come Grilloman never met one? Perhaps they saw him for what he was and decided he was a soft touch!

Do you think he expects us to believe how bad how backward and rubbish the UK is, or do you think that he is being monitored by his OH, FIL, BIL, SIL, or 60k a year lawyer mate while he types on this forum?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS
Do you think he expects us to believe how bad how backward and rubbish the UK is, or do you think that he is being monitored by his OH, FIL, BIL, SIL, or 60k a year lawyer mate while he types on this forum?
Now you're making stuff up

I've never said the UK is backward or rubbish. There's lots of good things about it.

I prefer Spain, that is why I am here.

You'd have to be an idiot to prefer living in the UK but choose to live in Spain. Now why would anyone do that?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:44 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Now you're making stuff up

I've never said the UK is backward or rubbish. There's lots of good things about it.

I prefer Spain, that is why I am here.

You'd have to be an idiot to prefer living in the UK but choose to live in Spain. Now why would anyone do that?
Dont strees yourself out, without knowing I have got your situation sussed.

As a kind of down trodden, under the thumb kinda guy myself.

I understand your predicament, coz I have to be carefull what I write when the missus is about.

But with your OH whole family present it must be hell, so I understand why you always have to critisise the UK to the extreme.

And being a TALL as they all are I am sure that their command of Ënglish is probably better than mine innit?

I know they are hovering most of the time, because, if any question comes up about any topic, you come back with an answer in a nano second after consulting you MIL, FIL 60k lawyer mate, so they must be pretty near to you at the time.

You have my sympathy, but now that we understan your situation we will take your post with a pinch of salt ans we know they are written under duress (sort of).
Old Sep 28th 2010, 8:57 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Quite a lot!
You need to persuade them why they should keep the appointment

I was in London, the tradesmen there are useless con artists. Every tradesman I met who was a Londoner tried to rip me off. That was until we found ourselves a cheap and reliable Romanian tradesman
Have to admit the Romanian guy who put in our flooring last week was a gem. It's common knowledge that tradesmen normally cost an arm and a leg in London - well they used to until the influx of cheaper East European guys arrived. The downside is that wages for local workmen has been depressed somewhat.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JLFS
Dont strees yourself out, without knowing I have got your situation sussed.

As a kind of down trodden, under the thumb kinda guy myself.

I understand your predicament, coz I have to be carefull what I write when the missus is about.

But with your OH whole family present it must be hell, so I understand why you always have to critisise the UK to the extreme.

And being a TALL as they all are I am sure that their command of Ënglish is probably better than mine innit?

I know they are hovering most of the time, because, if any question comes up about any topic, you come back with an answer in a nano second after consulting you MIL, FIL 60k lawyer mate, so they must be pretty near to you at the time.

You have my sympathy, but now that we understan your situation we will take your post with a pinch of salt ans we know they are written under duress (sort of).
What rubbish. I only try to give examples to my opinions and experience because people like you dont believe them and I am trying to create a context

I wont bother from now on. You continually dont believe anything I say so what is the point. You just dont want to admit that it is possible to live a good quality of life in Spain, have a good job, good salary, good education etc.

It is and I have examples all around me.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

What rubbish. I only try to give examples to my opinions and experience because people like you dont believe them and I am trying to create a context

I wont bother from now on. You continually dont believe anything I say so what is the point. You just dont want to admit that it is possible to live a good quality of life in Spain, have a good job, good salary, good education etc.

Unfortunately your posts will never serve to assist in putting anything in context because of your instance that everyone you know has descended from some hitherto unknown Amazonian strain of multi lingual Spanish people, earning untold amounts of money.

Do they work in a travelling circus in an alternate universe?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:28 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I would find that easier to believe if you didn't live in Benalmadeeeena
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:31 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by whitelinen
Unfortunately your posts will never serve to assist in putting anything in context because of your instance that everyone you know has descended from some hitherto unknown Amazonian strain of multi lingual Spanish people, earning untold amounts of money.

Do they work in a travelling circus in an alternate universe?
There again all you have to do is observe the customers in 100s of Madrid restaurants, look at all the new cars travelling down the Castellana (or in other big cities), note the daily travellers on the AVE fast train, or even observe the numbers of Madrilenos occupying resorts in summer (even in London) to realise that there are Spanish who are doing well - and they're not all employees of Santander bank or Zara either. Like most countries you have well-off people as well as poor people. Why CM gets stick for pointing this out says more about those criticising him, I'm afraid.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:35 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Of course there are plenty of successful spanish with lots of money. Happens in every country...even impoverished African states
Old Sep 28th 2010, 9:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
There again all you have to do is observe the customers in 100s of Madrid restaurants, look at all the new cars travelling down the Castellana (or in other big cities), note the daily travellers on the AVE fast train, or even observe the numbers of Madrilenos occupying resorts in summer (even in London) to realise that there are Spanish who are doing well - and they're not all employees of Santander bank or Zara either. Like most countries you have well-off people as well as poor people. Why CM gets stick for pointing this out says more about those criticising him, I'm afraid.
Exactly. Probably 20% of Spain are like the people I describe. It's not so unusual.

And as for living in Benalmadena, so what? We work mainly online and have some clients in Malaga. We have a good lifestyle here. My OH's family work mainly in Barcelona and Madrid.
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:49 am
Just Joined

Javea Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

According to the uSwitch quality of life index, France and Spain are the best places to live in Europe.

http://www.uswitch.com/news/money/uk...-index-890419/

I'm not sure how the UK comes so low in the ratings when you look at the (relatively) high household income and the spending figure on education is far higher than Spain. But at least the table on the link gives the relevant breakdown
So each year we STAY in SUNNY Spain ... What's not to love?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Javea Dave is an unknown quantity at this point

That is basically why this year adn every year we STAY in SUNNY Spain.

What's not to love?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 12:00 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Javea Dave
That is basically why this year adn every year we STAY in SUNNY Spain.

What's not to love?
well the sun has just come out - but what about that storm we just had
Old Sep 28th 2010, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

labus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant futurelabus has a brilliant future

Have to admit the Romanian guy who put in our flooring last week was a gem. It's common knowledge that tradesmen normally cost an arm and a leg in London - well they used to until the influx of cheaper East European guys arrived. The downside is that wages for local workmen has been depressed somewhat.
Do you pitty them? Don't they deserve though to pocket less money? I mean the local workmen?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.