Reload this Page >

Spain Rugby League

Spain Rugby League

Old Feb 12th 2014, 9:47 am
Just Joined

johnstankevitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spain Rugby League

Good morning everybody,

I have been tasked with marketing and promoting Rugby League within Spain, and I am looking to make contact with any British Expats that may have an interest in the game.

For those of you that follow the game in Britain, you may recognise my surname as I played in the English Super League for St Helens and Widnes Vikings between 1999 and 2005.

Since then, I have ran my own business and it is through this business that I have been approached to work alongside the Spanish Rugby League.

Rugby League in Spain is almost unheard of, as the predominant game is Rugby Union, but having been recently awarded 'observer status' by the RL International Federation, Spain RL are now forging ahead with extensive plans to create a full League structure (6 teams already up and running) and also a National team.

Granted, it is very early days, but in my view, a fantastic time to get involved.

So, what are we looking for?

Well, we are looking to set up more club sides throughout Spain and in particular, in the Murcia and Southern Regions.

We are looking for sponsors who would like to grow their business as the game itself grows, gaining publicity through many different channels.

We are looking for shirt sponsors, equipment sponsors, suppliers of equipment, training facilities, match venues etc.....

We are looking for anybody that can add value to the structure of the game off the field.

So, if you are interested yourself, or you know of anybody that may be interested, I would be delighted to hear from you.

I am very happy to discuss the plans with you and answer any questions that you may have.

John
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:29 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain Rugby League

Good luck with your venture, and if you haven't already seen it, this may be interesting reading

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/01/17/...00_324146.html
Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:46 am
Just Joined

johnstankevitch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Spain Rugby League

Hi Steviedeluxe,

Thanks for your response.

I'm working with Darren very closely.