Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

SPAIN: The real cost of living here

SPAIN: The real cost of living here

Old Aug 28th 2004, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Costa Living in Spain

Originally Posted by jdr
The sea mist has been really bad just lately for the last week or so, glad im not a sailor..today is the worst 15.30 and the sun is just breaking thru, the misses is doing her nut, missing her pool session
eeeee Spanish keyboard no euro

jdr, spanish keyboard here to m8ey, my euro sign is "alt Gr+E" try that, it should work
Old Aug 28th 2004, 3:02 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
jdr, spanish keyboard here to m8ey, my euro sign is "alt Gr+E" try that, it should work
€€€€€€€� �‚¬â‚¬â‚¬ by gawd he`s dunnit eeeeee EEEEEE €€€€€€€� �‚¬â‚¬

Cheers mate, funny old things these computer drivers

Ps have a karma point

Last edited by jdr; Aug 28th 2004 at 3:05 pm.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 7:25 am
Very Old Member!

ScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud ofScotinSpain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by xabiachica
where did you go - I don't recognise where I live at all - especially the noise & squalor

yes, there is crime - but no more so than in a lot of other areas, and in the quiet town I lived in in UK - and a lot of it is because people let their guards down - you wouldn't leave your front door wide open while you were in the back garden in the UK - so why do so many do exactly that here? Women put their handbags on the the supermarket trolley and walk away from it, or leave it on the floor in a restaurant - would they really do that in UK???

yes, my dh had his pocket picked - but I have been pick pocketed in UK twice, and have had 3 burglaries too - all in quite ordinary towns.

another board I visit had a post from a man who lives in Weston-Supermare - he compared crime figures in his own town with those in Torrevieja where he was thinking of buying a holiday home. Torrevieja is reputedly the 'crime capital' of the Costa Blanca.
guess which town had the highest crime figures - including violent crime???

hint..............not Torrevieja
Hi xabiachica I travelled up from the CdS, spending a night at Marazon on route which was nice but very new without any infrastructure at the time. Spent 30 minutes in Torrevieja, which was 25 minutes too much, then up north avoiding Alicante and the dreaded Benidorm. Spent some time in Javea, hoping it would be better then the rest, but sadly not much. I was going to Denia but time was running out, so travelled back off the coast. Favourite location was Orihuela, away from the concrete jungles, but it was too agricultural for me. Arrived back in CdS by direct inland route passing the 'plastic fields'. It was a great relief to get back, although my friends (Spanish, English and a Uruguyan) couldn't resist the 'I told you so'!

At the end of the day it's horses for courses, and I could not afford to get it wrong.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 11:56 am
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame you missed Denia. It's looks really scrappy on the outskirts but once you get in it's nice. It's a proper Spanish town and a lot of fun to spend time in. God awful for parking though.