British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Spain Living in a caravan? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/spain-living-caravan-277892/)

Imcal Jan 16th 2005 3:18 pm

Spain Living in a caravan?

Is it possible to move to Spain and live in a caravan on a site all year rather than buy a property? If So what is involved plenty of sites telling me what to do to buy a house but very few regarding living in a caravan.

sibsie Jan 16th 2005 5:01 pm

Re: Spain Living in a caravan?

There's bound to be some sort of caravanners society or association. Have a google on that and see if it throws up anything.

Imcal Jan 16th 2005 8:08 pm

Thanks for the reply, I will see if i can find anything. It seems lately that the search engines keep throwing up the same stuff all the time.

Mercedes Jan 16th 2005 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Imcal
Is it possible to move to Spain and live in a caravan on a site all year rather than buy a property? If So what is involved plenty of sites telling me what to do to buy a house but very few regarding living in a caravan.

There are a couple of places down on the costa del sol. My dentist's nurse is currently living in one. One is in Calhonda, and I think there is one near Nerja. So a few floating around

sibsie Jan 16th 2005 8:58 pm

Here's a site with a big blurb on Spain. Knowing nothing about caravans I don't know how useful it would be, but they seem like the sort of chaps who'd know.

iant Jan 16th 2005 9:28 pm

Have a look at www.vayacamping.net there you will see a good selection of sites with prices, whether they are open all year etc.
Best of luck.
Ian

Imcal Jan 17th 2005 7:04 am

Thanks for the replies...I will check the sites out any amount of information no matter how small is welcomed.

bfg69bug Jan 26th 2005 6:35 pm

Thanks for the replies...I will check the sites out any amount of information no matter how small is welcomed.

loads of sites, and its cheap, apparently. someone mentiond 5k a year ??

fuengerola theres a couple, nerja, loads down tarifa way, cadiz, hundreds of them.

Imcal Jan 26th 2005 9:10 pm

Thanks M8 for the reply much appreciated. :)

kaznjeff Jan 28th 2005 2:39 pm

Thanks M8 for the reply much appreciated. :)

hey, my parents took thier caravan to a site in "la manga" on the mar menor, costa calida. they have never looked back. :D

shaun&sue Feb 1st 2005 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by kaznjeff
hey, my parents took thier caravan to a site in "la manga" on the mar menor, costa calida. they have never looked back. :D

We went to live in spain for 12 months in 2003 and after renting for a few months looked into living in a caravan as much cheaper we were told. we were in benidorm area at the time and there are 6 sites there. really expensive but got told of one in almeria(mojaca area). anyway drove 3 hrs to get there and fell for place and prices. 36 foot by 13 foot wide luxury one was 30k and last 4 ever we were told. site fees 2k per year and usual gas,elec,water to pay ontop.
first month we loved it but then the heat. boy talk about living in a tinned can,no respite from heat in or outside caravan. couldnt sleep,couldnt cook,just toooooooo hot. worst thing is when u want to sell they take between 10-15% so you end up losing loads , but no one tells you this at begginning

kaznjeff Feb 1st 2005 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by shaun&sue
We went to live in spain for 12 months in 2003 and after renting for a few months looked into living in a caravan as much cheaper we were told. we were in benidorm area at the time and there are 6 sites there. really expensive but got told of one in almeria(mojaca area). anyway drove 3 hrs to get there and fell for place and prices. 36 foot by 13 foot wide luxury one was 30k and last 4 ever we were told. site fees 2k per year and usual gas,elec,water to pay ontop.
first month we loved it but then the heat. boy talk about living in a tinned can,no respite from heat in or outside caravan. couldnt sleep,couldnt cook,just toooooooo hot. worst thing is when u want to sell they take between 10-15% so you end up losing loads , but no one tells you this at begginning

hi, mum&dad have thier 4 birth (end bed room ) tourer. they have a big awning .dad has built a full size washing up area down the side of awning with a cover over,he built wardrobe space in awning,mum only cooks inside in winter, they use a barbicue and electric pans etc outside in summer, they have cool blown air and fans in summer and electric heaters in winter.,not sure about site fees,but they live off pensions.they are as happy as" pigs in muck"hew also has a small speed boat out tere too. :D