Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Spain Income Requirements (ALC)

Spain Income Requirements (ALC)

Old Aug 26th 2020, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spain Income Requirements (ALC)

Originally Posted by bolton wanderer
Hi Barrie,
I think that you'll probably be pleasantly surprised to find that the income requirements in Alicante have reduced......
https://www.costablancaforum.com/are...ration-112149/

€5,381 per person or €462 per month.

Always good to have too much though.
That's very nice to know. I will give this info to our solicitor when we see her on the 14th.
Although it doesn't bother us. I've been budgeting on the high side as if we were 3rd country applicants.
The only thing still bothering me is the driving licence exchange. There has been no extention on this even though the residency applications have been as long as you were here before end Dec 2020 (which is where the day to day spending comes in I suppose)
Old Aug 26th 2020, 5:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

From https://www.gov.uk/guidance/driving-in-the-eu-after-brexit-driving-licence-exchange

SpainYou can exchange a valid UK driving licence without taking a test within 9 months of the date that the UK leaves the EU. After this 9 month period you will need to take a test in order to exchange your licence.
Old Aug 26th 2020, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
From https://www.gov.uk/guidance/driving-in-the-eu-after-brexit-driving-licence-exchange

SpainYou can exchange a valid UK driving licence without taking a test within 9 months of the date that the UK leaves the EU. After this 9 month period you will need to take a test in order to exchange your licence.
From your link......."Driving licence rules will stay the same until 31 December 2020.

If you are resident in Spain, exchange your UK licence for a Spanish one. If you do this before 31 December 2020 you will not need to take a driving test."

I can't see anything in your link about being allowed an extra 9 months to exchange UK licences. I do hope I'm wrong though!
Old Aug 27th 2020, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

From your link......."Driving licence rules will stay the same until 31 December 2020.

If you are resident in Spain, exchange your UK licence for a Spanish one. If you do this before 31 December 2020 you will not need to take a driving test."

I can't see anything in your link about being allowed an extra 9 months to exchange UK licences. I do hope I'm wrong though!
If you open up this section of the link" UK licence holders who live in the EU, EEA or Switzerland" under Spain it mentions you have 9 months from UK leaving the EU to exchange your licence after that it says you need to take the driving test.
Old Aug 27th 2020, 1:49 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
If you open up this section of the link" UK licence holders who live in the EU, EEA or Switzerland" under Spain it mentions you have 9 months from UK leaving the EU to exchange your licence after that it says you need to take the driving test.
Thanks Bob22,
Quote from link

"Spain

You can exchange a valid UK driving licence without taking a test within 9 months of the date that the UK leaves the EU. After this 9 month period you will need to take a test in order to exchange your licence."

That's a relief, so we have until 31st August 2021 to exchange UK driving licence.

Old Aug 27th 2020, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

I think leaving the EU means 31st January 2020, so 9 months on will be 31st October, but has been extended to 31st December to coincide with the end of the implementation period.
Old Aug 28th 2020, 12:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bob22,
Quote from link

"Spain

You can exchange a valid UK driving licence without taking a test within 9 months of the date that the UK leaves the EU. After this 9 month period you will need to take a test in order to exchange your licence."

That's a relief, so we have until 31st August 2021 to exchange UK driving licence.
​​​​​​I came across this link which may help you re the situation ?
https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/wa...s-post-brexit/