Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Is Spain the First to fall.....Germany,France next.

Is Spain the First to fall.....Germany,France next.

Old Jan 19th 2009, 11:40 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Is Spain the First to fall.....Germany,France next.

Standard & Poor's has stripped Spain of its coveted AAA status in the first such move against a top-rated country since the global crisis began, reflecting the deep damage suffered by Spanish public finances as the debt bubble bursts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/f...it-rating.html

http://www.bdafrica.com/index.php?op...38&Itemid=5821

Last edited by poshnbucks; Jan 19th 2009 at 11:47 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:13 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is Spain the First to fall.....Germany,France next.

Its been a desperate day in the UK.
Spanish chickens are now starting to come home to roost, along with many others throughout Europe.
The US recovery promises to be a longer time coming than first thought.....,so what hope the rest?

Things do not bode well for those who forecast a turnaround by 2010.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 5:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Spanish chickens are now starting to come home to roost, along with many others throughout Europe.
The US recovery promises to be a longer time coming than first thought.....,so what hope the rest?

I dont think the forecasters will suffer(they will still be employed as a requirement to get us out of the S**T, as always it will be the the time for punishment of the "innocent" ( in this case, workers who have lost their jobs, fixed income pensioners and the like)
Old Jan 20th 2009, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

carmenes82 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think DD was saying that the forecasters would be out of jobs, but that the turnaround is going to take a lot longer than a year and will impact all of us. Alistair Darling has some serious egg on his face after producing yet more nonsense 'growth' forecasts which the IMF and various other thinktanks say are incorrect.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:08 pm
Keep smiling

Helpful-Bob will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

I still think the UK is better placed than Europe for a recovery. However unlike the Goverment I can't see any green shoots...just a few brown shoots killed by the cold financial climate.
However it could all change now Obama is finally there.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helpful-Bob
I can't see any green shoots...just a few brown shoots
What you are seeing are green shoots covered in sh1te
Old Jan 20th 2009, 6:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry Posh, I wonder what the reverse of hi jacking a hread is, as I posted my thoughts on this on the old pound weakening thread.

Yes this could be doomsday. Lots of chickens coming home to roost for Gordon and the morons. Only as always it s Joe Soap who pays.
debt premia are sky high for Club Med. The ECB is likely to crack under the pressure from economies on the rack like Ireland Spain Greece Italy, and Germany on the other hand who will NEVER allow inflation to get out of control again. Interesting to watch except it is SO dangerous for everyone.
May your Gods go with you, and us.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:11 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
Sorry Posh, I wonder what the reverse of hi jacking a hread is, as I posted my thoughts on this on the old pound weakening thread.

Yes this could be doomsday. Lots of chickens coming home to roost for Gordon and the morons. Only as always it s Joe Soap who pays.
debt premia are sky high for Club Med. The ECB is likely to crack under the pressure from economies on the rack like Ireland Spain Greece Italy, and Germany on the other hand who will NEVER allow inflation to get out of control again. Interesting to watch except it is SO dangerous for everyone.
May your Gods go with you, and us.

Never entered the cranium to high jack anything. I just saw the piece and posted maybe I could have tagged it onto yours but it was about Spain not the UK pound,My post very early AM your post 15 hours later hmmmmmmm. Anyway you keep up the good work I enjoy your input.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
Never entered the cranium to high jack anything. I just saw the piece and posted maybe I could have tagged it onto yours but it was about Spain not the UK pound,My post very early AM your post 15 hours later hmmmmmmm. Anyway you keep up the good work I enjoy your input.
Posh - mea culpa! I meant ME reverse highjacking as my post on the pound thread was more suited to your new one!
Sorry