British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Soon be there (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/soon-there-370782/)

paulio May 1st 2006 10:30 am

Soon be there

Hello to all you lucky souls soaking up the sun. Its a Bank Holiday It's raining and we are at work in Yarmouth but on the good side we only have about 20 weeks of this left as we plan to move to Chiclana for the beginning of September. Although we already own a property there we are searching frantically for a Gestor (not lawyer) who could help us with all the paperwork that we will need to sort out for our cars and also taxes, accounts, licences etc. Could anyone recommend someone? as long as he does not wear a funny hat with bells on.

helenp May 1st 2006 11:10 am

Re: Soon be there

Originally Posted by paulio
Hello to all you lucky souls soaking up the sun. Its a Bank Holiday It's raining and we are at work in Yarmouth but on the good side we only have about 20 weeks of this left as we plan to move to Chiclana for the beginning of September. Although we already own a property there we are searching frantically for a Gestor (not lawyer) who could help us with all the paperwork that we will need to sort out for our cars and also taxes, accounts, licences etc. Could anyone recommend someone? as long as he does not wear a funny hat with bells on.

We are looking for an English speaking lawyer and on a previous thread someone suggested the British embassy who gave a list of lawyers perhaps they could help with a gestor too. Apart form that I believe it does go by recommendation.

Helen

jdr May 1st 2006 2:17 pm

If you already own property you should have sorted some of the paperwork out already ;) ;)

merlino May 1st 2006 2:51 pm

Hi , this link will give you a list of Gestorias in all areas :- :)

http://www.spanish-living.com/region..._Andalucia.php

merlino

tim hortons man May 1st 2006 6:05 pm

What is a Gestor?

kevray May 1st 2006 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
What is a Gestor?

Use the search feature ;) its a very useful invention :)

pwwm May 1st 2006 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by tim hortons man
What is a Gestor?

The Gestor is a profession dedicated principally to helping you with Spanish Bureaucracy. ... For a moderate fee a Gestor can save you hours of leg work. ...

pwwm

paulio May 2nd 2006 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by jdr
If you already own property you should have sorted some of the paperwork out already ;) ;)

Well actually I did but it is :) lawyers not gestores that sort out serches for bying a property. I need someone who can sort the day to day paperwork to enable me to live legally in Spain as I wish to start my own business. A big thank you to everyone who has given me positive answers.

paulio May 2nd 2006 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by pwwm
The Gestor is a profession dedicated principally to helping you with Spanish Bureaucracy. ... For a moderate fee a Gestor can save you hours of leg work. ...

pwwm

Well described

jdr May 2nd 2006 9:54 pm

Well actually I did but it is :) lawyers not gestores that sort out serches for bying a property. I need someone who can sort the day to day paperwork to enable me to live legally in Spain as I wish to start my own business. A big thank you to everyone who has given me positive answers.

So you didn`t get one to sort out your taxes then when you became owners of a property here :)
read here

paulio May 3rd 2006 5:11 am

Originally Posted by jdr
So you didn`t get one to sort out your taxes then when you became owners of a property here :)
read here

Of course I did and charged they charged me enough for the service but he paid taxes regarding the purchase of my house and that is not what I have been asking for.

Ray51 May 3rd 2006 5:50 am

Originally Posted by jdr
read here

Thank you for this valuable input , jdr !
So , on the 1st property alone , already there are 3 different lots of taxes to be paid , even before we touch on income tax , interest/dividends/bond yields , CGT etc ?
All of a sudden , makes the thought of retiring in Spain look somewhat less attractive ( like France ) ?
1 ) Would you know whether the wealth tax is applicable also on the Life assurance products ( personalised portfolio bonds with no fixed term ) or does one only get taxed on the withdrawals from them ?
2 ) What about taxation of distributions from discretionary offshore trusts ?
Many thanks in advance for any response/s !!!

jdr May 3rd 2006 12:58 pm

Of course I did and charged they charged me enough for the service but he paid taxes regarding the purchase of my house and that is not what I have been asking for.

Well get him do sort out the ones you want sorting out now :rolleyes:

jdr May 3rd 2006 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by Ray51
Thank you for this valuable input , jdr !
So , on the 1st property alone , already there are 3 different lots of taxes to be paid , even before we touch on income tax , interest/dividends/bond yields , CGT etc ?
All of a sudden , makes the thought of retiring in Spain look somewhat less attractive ( like France ) ?
1 ) Would you know whether the wealth tax is applicable also on the Life assurance products ( personalised portfolio bonds with no fixed term ) or does one only get taxed on the withdrawals from them ?
2 ) What about taxation of distributions from discretionary offshore trusts ?
Many thanks in advance for any response/s !!!

Its a complete minefield, you definitely need a tax consultant to help save you money ;)

Ray51 May 4th 2006 7:43 am

Originally Posted by jdr
Its a complete minefield, you definitely need a tax consultant to help save you money ;)

A mate of mine maintains that the latest tax-legislation makes all "investment income" subject to 18% flat tax ?