Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Sol Bank - Is my money safe??

Sol Bank - Is my money safe??

Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

sharon00simon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sol Bank - Is my money safe??

Hey. I'm living on Mallorca and banking with Solbank. Does anyone know who owns the Solbank? I'm concerned about my savings with what's happening around the world at the moment.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

test is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sol Bank - Is my money safe??

Hello, today Europe have rissen the minimoum ammount warantied to 50.000 euros, and probably the spanish government will raise it to 100.000 euros, so if case tha bank colapses, at least that ammount is covered!!
regards
Antonio
Old Oct 7th 2008, 4:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

This just in from the BBC Web site ticker:

1644: Spain increases guarantee for customers' bank savings accounts from 20,000 euros to 100,000 euros.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

sharon00simon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for this guys. Looks like I'm going to have to revert to the old 'under the matress' technique of saving. My Nan always said that's where your money was safest!!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 5:48 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by sharon00simon
Hey. I'm living on Mallorca and banking with Solbank. Does anyone know who owns the Solbank? I'm concerned about my savings with what's happening around the world at the moment.
Solbank is a registered trademark of Banco de Sabadell, S.A., Pl. Sant Roc, 20, 08201-Sabadell, registered with the Mercantile Register in Barcelona at Page B-1561, Fiscal Identification Number (NIF) A08000143. A financial institution under the supervision of the Bank of Spain and registered in the Registro administrativo especial with number 0081. E-mail:info at solbank.com

what bank is safe ? gold is where you should have you money in lol
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:06 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I just wonder how long it would take to get your money back from a failed Spanish bank 5 to 10 years I think, keep as little as possible in them!
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:44 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Where would they get all this guarantee money from then ?
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Chris369 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Where would they get all this guarantee money from then ?
Government ... possibly. Or the banks own stash of money but I doubt it.
Old Oct 7th 2008, 6:49 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris369
Government ... possibly. Or the banks own stash of money but I doubt it.
Oh, you mean my money. ;-)
Old Oct 7th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

The Government print the money... so they just print more Just don't mention the small matter of inflation
Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:25 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by twyntub
The Government print the money... so they just print more Just don't mention the small matter of inflation
wont that be deflation in the safe ?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I just wonder how long it would take to get your money back from a failed Spanish bank 5 to 10 years I think, keep as little as possible in them!
Wise words.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I have been moving my euro savings gradually over the past year from this country to a euro account with my UK bank. No guarantees their either, I know, but if the likes of Barclays should go down the tubes that would probably be the end of civilisation as we know it.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:07 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Yes it`s probably safer in the UK.
I also hope these Merchant Bankers remember where the money that Mr Brown has just put in to get them out the shite comes from.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 1:28 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by jdr
Yes it`s probably safer in the UK.
I also hope these Merchant Bankers remember where the money that Mr Brown has just put in to get them out the shite comes from.
that just pissed up against the wall again and then ask more in 09 Jan or start off Feb

most this banks just pay there directors there bonus only few weeks ago . 1 guy was on wage off 180,000 ayear and got 1.9million off a bonus just was just 4 weeks ago

make you think i am on the wrong wage here

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.