Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Social Security Number Benefits???

Social Security Number Benefits???

Old Jan 27th 2007, 3:58 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Social Security Number Benefits???

Originally Posted by leighbloke
Maybe I have taken lcr04s question the wrong way but she seems unwilling to put me right, instead merely telling me to butt out.

I agree with your comments re: the level of income available on benefits, it makes me wonder how so many of them spend every night in the pub/club drinking and smoking, and manage to run a car and take foreign holiday.

I'm afraid that maybe my view on the majority of claiments maybe tarred by the few though - I guess over time I have seen too many of the latter.

But thanks for at least considering my POV.
LB

This same quesion was asked by a lady on Expatica sometime last year and she was flamed to death (not the most friendly of forums), although the way she put it did give the impression that the first thing she would do when she arrived in Spain would be to claim everything she could. Maybe its the way things are expressed, I don't know.

Would people choose to live on benefits? Well, in Leamington Spa I had to sign on for two months just before I left. (I got 6.50 a fortnight btw, thanks a bunch!) and I've got to tell you the people there looked as if they were doing very well on it with better clothing than I could afford and deliberately parking very nice cars a street or so away and walking to the office. Those kind of mentality people would not think twice about coming over here and attempting to do the same, I'm sure!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:20 am
Just Joined

lcr04 is on a distinguished road

I didn't realise that this post would be so argumentative, but seeing that no-one really knows the answer to my question (apart from scampicat - thank you), I have researched and the link below is for anyone interested of what benefits they are entitled to..........

http://www.spainlawyer.com/guialegal...ITULO=16010000

With regards to leighbloke, seeing that you don't live here and can not obtain a ss no, I can't see why I have to reply to your rude answers!

And maybe, the reason why people haven't answered to my post, is either they are retired, or are working without paying into the system!. Maybe these are the people you should be making your spiteful comments to?

One of the reasons why my family and I moved to Spain, was to get away from people like you -who have 'I have an A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E written all over them. Leighbloke chill out a bit, as if you do decide to move here, you will not get very far with the spanish folk.

Please god - don't let him move near me............................
Old Jan 28th 2007, 11:52 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lcr04
And maybe, the reason why people haven't answered to my post, is either they are retired, or are working without paying into the system!. Maybe these are the people you should be making your spiteful comments to?
Here, hold on a moment .... don't drag us into it. I'm retired but I pay my taxes here (or will do) so I see no reason at all why anyone should be making spiteful comments to me
Thanks a bunch!!!
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

lcr04 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Here, hold on a moment .... don't drag us into it. I'm retired but I pay my taxes here (or will do) so I see no reason at all why anyone should be making spiteful comments to me
Thanks a bunch!!!
Sorry Mitzyboy, I didn't mean it directly to retired people, more to the ones, who are working on the side, which many are doing over here.

And I am not draging anyone into to anything, I just think that the comments that were made earlier were spiteful.
Old Jan 28th 2007, 12:30 pm
Senior Moment

Sorry Mitzyboy, I didn't mean it directly to retired people, more to the ones, who are working on the side, which many are doing over here.
Oh OK, I understand .... it just looked as if you were lumping us all together by the way it was written
Old Jan 28th 2007, 5:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise that this post would be so argumentative, but seeing that no-one really knows the answer to my question (apart from scampicat - thank you), I have researched and the link below is for anyone interested of what benefits they are entitled to..........

http://www.spainlawyer.com/guialegal...ITULO=16010000

With regards to leighbloke, seeing that you don't live here and can not obtain a ss no, I can't see why I have to reply to your rude answers!

One of the reasons why my family and I moved to Spain, was to get away from people like you -who have 'I have an A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E written all over them. Leighbloke chill out a bit, as if you do decide to move here, you will not get very far with the spanish folk.

Please god - don't let him move near me............................
How was I rude?
I asked what was wrong with you, I Pointed out maybe it would enable you to pay taxes. I apologised if you were needy, and I explained how I interpreted your post.
It was you that got personal, maybe your inability to field questions and unwillingness to enter into debate is why you came across so many people with attitude in the UK- they could be responding to yours?
I would probably consider myself unlucky if I moved near to someone with your attributes either here in the UK or abroad, so thanks for warning me off the area you live in.

Your husband, on the other hand seems like a fun guy, so maybe you could be fun too, let's start again shall we?