Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

So why do you Spanish call the Catalans polacos?

So why do you Spanish call the Catalans polacos?

Old Nov 12th 2010, 12:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So why do you Spanish call the Catalans polacos?

Originally Posted by Relampago
(there you have the test when Spain won the World cup, people in Barcelona it celebrated it).
That's because seven of the team were Catalans. If they ever get independence, Spain will struggle as a team.
Many fans were kitted out in the red of Spain, but numerous others preferred to stick to Barca colours, fiercely proud that seven of their players had started the final against Holland.
"Tonight was Barcelona against Holland and Barcelona won," said Noemi Gonzalez, who was celebrating in Plaza Catalunya.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 1:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
That's because seven of the team were Catalans. If they ever get independence, Spain will struggle as a team.
I lived in Barcelona when Spain won the European championships and almost nobody celebrated, it was deathly quiet

I was in Malaga and Benalmadena during the World Cup and there were celebrations after every match and almost the whole city came out on the streets of Malaga when they won

The response couldnt have been more different
Old Nov 12th 2010, 3:51 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
I lived in Barcelona when Spain won the European championships and almost nobody celebrated, it was deathly quiet
I was in Malaga and Benalmadena during the World Cup and there were celebrations after every match and almost the whole city came out on the streets of Malaga when they won

The response couldnt have been more different
That is why the Catalans are so well thought of and liked so much in the rest of Spain (NOT)
Old Nov 12th 2010, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
The goalkeeper that stopped more than a goal that had supposed our retreat of the World Cup, Iker Casillas, is from Madrid; the maximum scorer, David Villa, is from Asturias; and the goal that gave us to be champion of the world, it belongs to a player from Albacete, Andrés Iniesta. I don't remove merit to the Catalan players, but when we speak, let's do it properly

Last edited by Relampago; Nov 12th 2010 at 4:14 pm.
Old Nov 12th 2010, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
, but when we speak, let's do it properly
Old Nov 12th 2010, 11:00 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

If only England were half as good as the Spain team. I don't mind even if players like Owen (Welsh?), Hargreaves (German/Canadian?) or that Everton Basque player are used. Rooney's our best player, yet some people whisper he's really Irish. Reality is, I suspect I'll die without seeing an England team make the grade again. Not sure if that's down to the quality of the players (or where they come from) or down to the amount of games the big teams in the Premier play.