Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

So excited - we're on our way!

So excited - we're on our way!

Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all
Default So excited - we're on our way!

Thank you for all the advice when I started the thread about feeling nervous about my job interview. I found out at lunch time I'd got the job

Also had a viewing for the house yesterday and they put in an offer today. Estate agent is going to try and get £3000 more so just waiting to see if they will go for it.

We will be coming over in May to sort out everything. Will probably have loads of questions as we sort things out.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 4:11 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: So excited - we're on our way!

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Thank you for all the advice when I started the thread about feeling nervous about my job interview. I found out at lunch time I'd got the job

Also had a viewing for the house yesterday and they put in an offer today. Estate agent is going to try and get £3000 more so just waiting to see if they will go for it.

We will be coming over in May to sort out everything. Will probably have loads of questions as we sort things out.
Hey! We got an offer on our house today also We move over to Spain in May The offer is a low one so we are waiting for the agent to report back with , hopefully, a higher offer Scary innit!

You keep on asking those questions - there's always someone on here who can help, I've had loads of help and made lots of friends in the process
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Big_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really niceBig_john is just really nice

Congratulations Sunndee & Lionda I'll keep everything crossed for you both that the price goes up, and you complete quickly
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 5:23 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Yeah brill both of you, good luck hope you get the news you want from your agents. maybe you two will be the next keri and Andrew!
Eve
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to you, Sunnydee!

Things sound like they're all coming together for you, so long may that continue.
Excellent news all round.

Many congratulations, and hopefully you'll soon be able to fulfil your dreams over here.

All good wishes to you,
Sam.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:33 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lionda
Hey! We got an offer on our house today also We move over to Spain in May The offer is a low one so we are waiting for the agent to report back with , hopefully, a higher offer Scary innit!

You keep on asking those questions - there's always someone on here who can help, I've had loads of help and made lots of friends in the process
So glad to hear you've got an offer too. You've had a long wait compared to us but less than 3 weeks to go now.
We've still got 14 weeks to sort ourselves out.
I've just arranged to go and visit the school I'll be working at during half term - the job sounds pretty good so far.
I'll have to make a Keri type thread to keep everyone posted of our progress. Can't wait to here how you are settling in.
Thanks for the comments everyone else.
Michaela
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

vox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the roughvox populia is a jewel in the rough

Best of Luck, sometimes the compromise is better than the ongoing wait!
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vox populia
Best of Luck, sometimes the compromise is better than the ongoing wait!
I agree with you - was tempted to say yes straight away because of the excitement about getting the job.
We've got another viewing on Weds. but I think we will except the original offer if they don't offer more.
I said to the estate agent that the lack of stressing about selling outweighs the extra bit of money. Besides now i've got work we can afford to go a little lower. Anyway, we should know for definite by Weds/Thurs.
Also, there is no chain.
Old Apr 23rd 2007, 9:08 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations sunnydee,the very best of luck in your new job,and what good luck to have a offer on your house has well ,keep us posted
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:56 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big_john
Congratulations Sunndee & Lionda I'll keep everything crossed for you both that the price goes up, and you complete quickly
Congratulations to both of you, and hope it all goes smoothly.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 7:59 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really pleased for you both, congratulations
Old Apr 24th 2007, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

I am over the moon for you both.
Good luck with your future and don't forget to post your adventures
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

hi, thanks everyone.
Just booked flights out for 26 May for 6 days. Staying in Benalmadena, near the coast. Costs a fortune because it's school holidays

Our prospective buyers have said they are willing to pay the price we asked for. So hang in there Lionda, your hubby's doing the right thing.

Keeping the house on the market until their finances are settled on Saturday so hopefully they can get the mortgage. No property to sell their end.
Old Apr 24th 2007, 9:21 pm
Young at heart

jandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond reputejandy44 has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=sunnydee;4692578]hi, thanks everyone.
Just booked flights out for 26 May for 6 days. Staying in Benalmadena, near the coast. Costs a fortune because it's school holidays

QUOTE] Hey things are going really well for you,Im chuffed for you.Im sure we will hear more from you before the 26th May,but its something to really look foward to