Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Snowball fight anyone....

Snowball fight anyone....

Old Feb 5th 2012, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Default Snowball fight anyone....

Well its not just the UK thats got the snow... we've got it here too.. 2nd time this year, though the other day was just a flurry..
Attached Thumbnails Snowball fight anyone....-dsc00032.jpg  
Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

karenj66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Snowball fight anyone....

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Well its not just the UK thats got the snow... we've got it here too.. 2nd time this year, though the other day was just a flurry..
looks a bit chilly where you are. Where are you?
Old Feb 5th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

Im in Banyeres de Mariola... only an hour inland, 50 mins from Alicante, but 600 meters above sea level, so it can get cold, was -6 the other night.... brrrrrr
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:50 am
Just Joined

karenj66 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm about the same distance from Alicante, but south. Luckily it doesn't get that cold here. -6 is definitely brrrrrrrrrr

Neighbours here were complaining the other day because they had to put a coat on when they went out at night. They don't know how lucky they are when you see what is going on around Europe
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Rambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of lightRambling Rose is a glorious beacon of light

We've got snow too. Only a couple of inches but it led to the closure of a couple of main roads at the end of last week. A couple of our neighbours have no water because their pipes are frozen and 2 nearby urbos have no electricity.
Even with the central heating going full blast and a log fire we haven't managed to get the living room up to 20 degrees. Our house is less than 5 years old and supposedly built to improved standards.
We were warmer when we lived in North West Scotland.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambling Rose
We've got snow too. Only a couple of inches but it led to the closure of a couple of main roads at the end of last week. A couple of our neighbours have no water because their pipes are frozen and 2 nearby urbos have no electricity.
Even with the central heating going full blast and a log fire we haven't managed to get the living room up to 20 degrees. Our house is less than 5 years old and supposedly built to improved standards.
We were warmer when we lived in North West Scotland.
Please, you don't compare. We have cold, but only in winter. Our houses, except that we live in the mountains (where it usually snows) or live in very specific areas where it snows a lot in winter, I'm sure that here are not better prepared than the houses in Scotland

But because the weather is worse in Scotland, not only in winter, during almost all year or all the year. If Scotland you are uncomfortable in your own home nor in winter, already would be to commit suicide

Last edited by Relampago; Feb 6th 2012 at 9:54 am.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

we dont every get snow, but are very close to Alpujarras so could go and find it if we wanted, dont think we gone gone lower than 7dg since moving over in 2003. today is a balmy 19dg.

Sounds cold all over, just got back from visit to UK to see family was frozen one day then soaked the next
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:03 pm
Forum Regular

Well snow has gone today, except for the odd tiny bit... but its cold...

2 years ago, we had 18" of snow... and it had to come the day I was supposed to go to the airport to pick up my daughter!.. no way could I get out, (and Ive got a 4x4) luckily friends picked her up on the coast and I managed to get down there 2 days later, and got snowed in again while she was visiting...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 2:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Well snow has gone today, except for the odd tiny bit... but its cold...

2 years ago, we had 18" of snow... and it had to come the day I was supposed to go to the airport to pick up my daughter!.. no way could I get out, (and Ive got a 4x4) luckily friends picked her up on the coast and I managed to get down there 2 days later, and got snowed in again while she was visiting...
2 years ago we were in the hospital and could not understand why the nurses were excitedly running to the windows to see the smattering of snow that was falling. When I got back to our town 8 kms away I was told that the last time our town had seen snow was 28 years before. That explained their thrill.

Rosemary
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

Leonardo will become famous soon enoughLeonardo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pwwm
we dont every get snow, but are very close to Alpujarras so could go and find it if we wanted, dont think we gone gone lower than 7dg since moving over in 2003. today is a balmy 19dg.

Sounds cold all over, just got back from visit to UK to see family was frozen one day then soaked the next
Your telling fibs you did get snow in 2005 and sent me the pictures to prove it
Old Feb 6th 2012, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Had snow every year since Ive lived here.... though last year was only a slight flutter...
Old Feb 6th 2012, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond reputeshirley and anthony hide has a reputation beyond repute

This global warming thingy is getting very confusing.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leonardo
Your telling fibs you did get snow in 2005 and sent me the pictures to prove it
oh oh, yes think that was the sprinkling, the year we told friends to bring shorts then we had the little flurry lol sorry I hang my head in shame