British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   SNOW!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/snow-503148/)

Bri and Katee Jan 3rd 2008 5:55 am

SNOW!!!

OK so we are in the UK but waking up to 3inches of snow and it still lightly falling was a shock to the system, especially as I have to ride a scooter to work. I only came off the thing on black ice 3 weeks ago and ended up with 2 fractured ribs. So today could be interesting!!

jdr Jan 3rd 2008 6:12 am

Re: SNOW!!!

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee (Post 5732652)
OK so we are in the UK but waking up to 3inches of snow and it still lightly falling was a shock to the system, especially as I have to ride a scooter to work. I only came off the thing on black ice 3 weeks ago and ended up with 2 fractured ribs. So today could be interesting!!

Whats snow ? lol

mikelincs Jan 3rd 2008 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Bri and Katee (Post 5732652)

Ohh that's so nice.. I love to see the countryside covered in snow... well at least from a distance..:rofl:

Mitzyboy Jan 3rd 2008 8:30 am

Its bleddy freezing here!!!! Wandering around Birmingham yesterday and it was bitter .... weather really has changed.

Spent Christmas in Pembroke and it rained constantly for 6 days

Thankfully will be heading back to Spain at 3 this afternoon and hope its warmer there!

onlineamiga Jan 3rd 2008 9:03 am

I got woken up by winds battering at the window and torrential rain here in Estepona this morning. Was so dark even at 8.30. Not nice weather at all! Snow would have been nice!

sarahchirles Jan 3rd 2008 9:42 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 5732966)
Its bleddy freezing here!!!! Wandering around Birmingham yesterday and it was bitter .... weather really has changed.

Thankfully will be heading back to Spain at 3 this afternoon and hope its warmer there!

Sorry, Mitzyboy it is bloody wet and miserable! Anyway have a good journey.

spain Jan 3rd 2008 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 5732966)

sure its warmer here - but grey skies and rain, rain rain - with the forecast not much better for the next few days :(

genegenie Jan 3rd 2008 9:57 am

Sun's shining in Lanc's :) (honestly) but its bitter cold. Snow forcast for Friday.

rugbymatt Jan 3rd 2008 11:42 am

bloody freezing here, no snow though, pity, I had my sledge ready and everything.

jdr Jan 3rd 2008 11:48 am

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5733702)
bloody freezing here, no snow though, pity, I had my sledge ready and everything.

Two days of pissistant rain here again.... doh

Relampago Jan 3rd 2008 11:51 am

Here in the south of Spain, at least in my area, there is good weather. There is not nor cold nor heat: 0ยบ C

rugbymatt Jan 3rd 2008 11:54 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5733724)
Two days of pissistant rain here again.... doh

Bet its still warmer than here though mate.

jdr Jan 3rd 2008 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt (Post 5733752)
Bet its still warmer than here though mate.

Cold to us, its down to 13 c. brrrr

rugbymatt Jan 3rd 2008 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 5733786)
Cold to us, its down to 13 c. brrrr

My heart bleeds.............my weather station says its 0c with a wind chill of -3c

jandy44 Jan 3rd 2008 2:08 pm

We are having a few light snow showers,not settling though at the mo. expecting to wake up to a few inches in the morning :eek: its freezing cold,had to wear tights under my jeans this morning to walk George across the fields :eek: