Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Smoking ban in Spain

Smoking ban in Spain

Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:45 pm
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all
Default Smoking ban in Spain

Best thing ever...smoking ban in public places especially bars and pubs....is the ban being obseved where you are as I am worried that someone said they are flouting the ban in Spain, is this the case as I plan to work in Spain next year
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:49 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Smoking ban in Spain

Originally Posted by london52
Best thing ever...smoking ban in public places especially bars and pubs....is the ban being obseved where you are as I am worried that someone said they are flouting the ban in Spain, is this the case as I plan to work in Spain next year
:r ofl:
Old Apr 1st 2009, 5:58 pm
Banned

london52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to alllondon52 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Lionda
:r ofl:
I take it then that the spinless corrupt scum goverment of Spain are ignoring it as they do everyhing unless it lines their greasy palms.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Smoking ban in Spain

I take it then that the spinless corrupt scum goverment of Spain are ignoring it as they do everyhing unless it lines their greasy palms.
No just the hope that there may be any jobs left by next year. Projection is up to 6 million unemployed.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:59 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

stay in the uk then if your happy with the ban , we fine out here with are smoking rule , if you dont want to smoke go out side
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:46 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

That´s not strictly true. Any bar or restaurant that is 100 square meters or is allowed to have smoking, provided they display it outside. Any bar or restaurant above 100 square meters has to have a non smoking area with its own air conditioning. Never mind the fact that you have to go through a smokey bar to get to the non smoking are.

Do you live in Spain? If not, don´t knock it or don´t come to live here.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

pete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond reputepete_l has a reputation beyond repute

I take it then that the spinless corrupt scum goverment of Spain are ignoring it
err, no. It's the everyday people who don't like being told what to do who are ignoring it - as they do with most diktats, which nobody voted for, that come down from on high.

Last edited by pete_l; Apr 1st 2009 at 8:02 pm.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

tuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nicetuk-tuk is just really nice

Originally Posted by jurdyr
stay in the uk then if your happy with the ban , we fine out here with are smoking rule , if you dont want to smoke go out side
Well said Jurdyr, we do'nt want any more whingers out here, this is not a nanny state like the u/k. I'm surprised you actually go to the pub London 52, do'nt you know drinking is bad for you, I'm surprised the the so called "do gooders" (read, miserable sods) have'nt got booze banned in the u/k by now. Tuk-tuk
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:15 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tuk-tuk
Well said Jurdyr, we do'nt want any more whingers out here, this is not a nanny state like the u/k. I'm surprised you actually go to the pub London 52, do'nt you know drinking is bad for you, I'm surprised the the so called "do gooders" (read, miserable sods) have'nt got booze banned in the u/k by now. Tuk-tuk
Ahhh....but another person drinking does not affect me, however, someone smoking invades my air space and invades my lungs (which are perfectly pink due to never having smoked in my life) it also makes me sneeze
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Smoking ban in Spain

Originally Posted by Lionda
Ahhh....but another person drinking does not affect me, however, someone smoking invades my air space and invades my lungs (which are perfectly pink due to never having smoked in my life) it also makes me sneeze
Hear hear, although mine may not be quite as pink due to the job.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: In a place where Mimi Greensleeves, Dodgy Debsy and that there Lionda wont find me.
genegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond reputegenegenie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jjh
That´s not strictly true. Any bar or restaurant that is 100 square meters or is allowed to have smoking, provided they display it outside. Any bar or restaurant above 100 square meters has to have a non smoking area with its own air conditioning. Never mind the fact that you have to go through a smokey bar to get to the non smoking are.

Shame some of the ex pats cant do the same with the UK
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:36 pm
Popping in for a chat

Originally Posted by jjh

I live in Spain....and I'm 'knocking it' SMOKING IS BAD FOR YOU......IT IS ALSO VERY, VERY, BAD FOR NON SMOKERS IN YOUR AIR SPACE
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:44 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

London, its killing me, what did you used to be called on here? I cant remember, I have looked in the OZ forum and the Moving back one but I just cant remember the bloody name....................
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:46 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
London, its killing me, what did you used to be called on here? I cant remember, I have looked in the OZ forum and the Moving back one but I just cant remember the bloody name....................
Ha!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 8:47 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Ha!
You remember him, he claimed he was a male stripper (lets face it, you would remember him JUST for that).................... he stirred loads of shit up in the MBTTUK forum..............

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.